2005 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2005 Mercury Sable
Average based on 7 reviews

waiting for something to go wrong

by from New Hampshire on May 20, 2009

bought this car used in 2006 with 10,000 miles on it. Currently have 65,000 miles on it and have do nothing in the way of repairs. Only have changed the fluids and just put on 4 new tires. If Detroit built cars like this on the last 30 years they would have no problems, real or perceived, in regards to quality. would recommend this vehicle to anyone and everyone. have the GS model with Flexfuel V-6

A stylish, stylish car and a great running vehicle

by from Syracuse, NY on April 26, 2011

My parents bought this car new 6 years ago. They bought a Fusion last year and they lent me this car for my senior year of college. I still drive this car to and from work and school and I am more than pleased with it. The first thing I can say is it is incredibly stylish. My dad and I stare in awe of it every time we look out the window to see it in our driveway. We love the exterior styling. I'm sure that in 20-30 years from now that people will turn their heads when this car rolls down the street. As for performance, I am also pleased. We have had few troubles outside of general maintenance. It has passed 78,000 miles and it still runs great. The gas mileage is about par for the course, I usually get between 19-21 MPG in general driving. The only real problem that bugs me is that the hubcaps, which are also stylish, started losing their paint almost immediately. Other than that no major qualms. I would recommend this car in a heartbeat and I will be sad when I have to give it back to my parents

Excellent Car for the Money

by from Indiana on October 7, 2011

This is the least expensive car I've owned in 20 years and it has been the most reliable one as well. Just a gret value.

good power

by from maine on August 12, 2011

The 24 valve engine will move this little car real well. They are costing what a regular taurus does and you get a lot more car. It is pretty well loaded. Sits pretty low to the ground which i do not like also I am a little tall and my head rubs the roof. But I do like the car and the way it drives

Sable review

by from Tennessee on February 16, 2015

I bought this car maybe 5-6 years ago. This car has been the best car purchase I have ever made, and I am 55 years old and had a lot of cars. I knew when I bought it that the power steering was weak. It failed after 18 months. Other than that I can't remember any major repair that I have done on it. Gets decent gas mileage for a car its size. Runs great. I do not know of any car that is a better value for the money.

much power

by from Maine on April 24, 2012

This little car has a great deal of spunk and is well appointed. No problems yet. I would recommend this car

First Car

by from Detroit, MI on May 15, 2014

My Sable is my first car. My dad works for a Lincoln dealership, and was able to procure it for very cheap about a year ago. She was quite beat up when I got her, but I poured my heart and soul into restoring her. I take care of her, and she takes great care of me. She is super responsive and safe. I always feel comfortable driving her. For an older car, the Sable is pretty good looking if you take care of it. The interior is not all that stylish, but is extremely functional and comfortable. With the 3.0 DOHC, the car can surprisingly get up and go quite easily. As far as maintenance goes, there is little to none. A very reliable car. My only complaint is that the ride quality isn't so great when compared to some other cars. But, if you aren't in a state filled with potholes ( *cough, Michigan), you will be pretty happy. If you are looking for a great all-around used car for everyday life, I would keep the Sable in mind.