2013 Mini Convertible

Like being on vacation

by from Ohio on January 18, 2014

When I am feeling less than fantastic this car is like an anti-depressant. Mine is a black 2009 MINI S convertible with manual transmission. I think it looks fantastic when cleaned up and the performance is outrageously fun. When someone says it is like a go-kart on rails, they are dead on. After all it is made by BMW and having owned a 1974 model 2002 ( a classic), I am a huge Beemer fan. That 2002 car handled like this 2009. Fast, smooth, and fun to drive. The MINI does not have a floating, soft ride (actually a little harsh on rough terrain) but on a smooth surface, it is a ball to drive.

second Mini

by from Lafayette, Louisiana on June 20, 2013

I bought the Mini because our first one 10 yearsd ago was a fun car. This one has Turbine compression and is convertible. It is a fun car, but rides rough! It can accelerate like a bat out of a cave! I still have trouble with the road noise. I can't help but flinch whenever a truck or SUV passes by me. The noise transmitted trough the cloth top makes me feel as if the other vehicle is on top of me. I would have enjoyed satelite radio and navigation in this car.

AMAZING

by from on April 12, 2013

I LOVE this car, I use it for everything and the great MPG really saves my wallet!! After this car dies I will be buying another

Fast Fun and I feel safe and secure

by from Georgia on June 22, 2013

Has to be one of the most fun cars I have ever drove. It is quick and nimble and corners like a dream has the feel of a all Adult go cart

Mini Convertible -- LOVE IT!!

by from Boca Raton, FL on January 5, 2014

OK, need I say more?? I LOVE this car. If it's too windy or cold to put the top all the way down - you have a choice as to how far open to go. I don't even have the S type but it still has lots of fast pick up and is just a fantastic little sports car that's not really a sports car. The ONLY bad thing about the entire car is with the convertible you end up with a horrible blind spot over your right shoulder when the top is up. It took a while to get used to it -- pulling out of parking spaces very slowly and carefully. Otherwise -- I love my car. When I'm having a bad day I go for a drive with the top down and it just makes me smile to think about it!!! Try one!!

Dream Car

by from new jersey on October 13, 2017

This car has so many standard bells and whistles, Much more roomy than expected. Totally a fun car to drive. Very reliable and has never let me down.

Uses car for Havingfun

Most fun car I've owned

by from Mayville, Wisconsin on September 6, 2017

Great handling little gocart. Still averaged 39 MPG overall. Drove from Wisconsin to Colorado twice and Miami once, great on the highway.

A great, fun car to drive

by from Sacramento, CA on July 9, 2017

The six speed shift with the John Cooper Works engine is a winning combination. Great car. Two areas for improvement are interior controls are too small. Also too many blind spots with top up or down (worse down). I only had car for 19000 miles but zero mechanical issues

Uses car for Havingfun