NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Convertible

2017 MINI Convertible

2017 MINI Convertible

Have You Driven the 2017 MINI Convertible?

Too freakin' cute!!

by Stevie RN from Cleveland, OH on Fri Mar 10 2017

I bought a 2017 Mini Cooper S Convertible in the Caribbean Aqua and all I can say is I LOVE MY CAR! It is super fun to drive, sporty yet with green capabilities, and absolutely adorable. I get so many compliments! My purchasing experience was awesome at the MINI Cleveland Airport location (see Emily!!) and can already tell their customer service will continue to rock. She's reached out personally to make sure I'm happy several times and offered a second delivery so I can ask questions about the car that have popped up since I bought it! Highly recommend!

Let's motor for FUN!

by Riky from Boston, MA on Mon Oct 30 2017

This is my second Mini convertible. The 2017 Mini Convertible Cooper S is much improve than their 2015 model. Mine comes with premium and sport package. I love the handling on this car, I used to cringe whenever I went over pothole. It has very smooth, tight ride. It hold the curve of the road really well. They made slight changes to the interior for the better. Excellent configuration for the trunk for larger object. Much quieter power roof.

Fun in the sun

by Runner from Miami fla on Mon Mar 20 2017

I've driven z3 z4 miatas ive always wanted a mini finally got one car is solid drives excellent. You'll have a smile just like I did when I drove my Mini Cooper s convertible for the first time the crackle of the exhaust easy maneuverability thing rides like it's on rails.

Car with Style

by New Mini Owner from Katy, TX on Sat Jun 10 2017

I absolutely love my new mini convertible. I was sold after the test drive. I had no idea a car so little could pack so much punch. This is by far the best car I've ever purchased and the buying experience was so much better than I imagined!

Does not recommend this car!!

MOST FUN EVER!

by TED from LANGLEY BC on Sat Mar 11 2017

BOUGHT AT LANGLEY BRITISH COLUMBIA. AWESOME PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH ESPECIALLY LUCAS! CARIBBEAN AQUA. I HAVE OWNED 79 CARS IN MY LIFE [I AM NOW 79 YRS OLD] THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN MY WIFE AND I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A CAR.WE GET CONSTANT THUMBS UP EVERY WHERE WE GO . LIKE DRIVING A GO CART WITH AMAZING POWER. LOVE THIS VEHICLE!! NOW HAVE 6000 FUN FILLED MILES OF MOUNTAIN DRIVING!!

Fun, zippy car

by Bamagal5137 from Daphne, AL on Sun Jun 03 2018

I loved the car. Very sporty and fun. Comfortable and easy to drive. The only downside is that the trunk is tiny. A great deal if you don't need to carry anything.

Great little car

by Berzie from Las Vegas, NV. on Wed Jan 03 2018

Love my new Mini Convertible. Rides great and have gotten alot of compliments on it. Everyone at the Vegas dealership was very nice and helpful. Can,t wait till the weather gets warmer so I can put the top down.

Sweet Ride

by OiingMini from ARKANSAS on Tue Sep 12 2017

I have only had for 2 weeks so I can't account on reliability. I love the sunroof mode hmmm might rain but still want the air. Very smooth ride, I wish that I could take it on the Autobahn to really get the true feel. I only go 60 mph on my daily commute. It will still take some some to figure out all the extras but so far no regrets. I went from a 2006 PT Cruiser Convertible to this and it does sit lower, but when I sat in it the 1st time I swear it was molded just for me. Love all the controls and knobs etc. I have to be careful sometimes and remember that I am the one driving. The color is amazing, I got the orange one, and it just fits this Lil Cooper. plus I have lots of room in the garage. I am happy with my purchase, even though I haven't had a car not in several years.

Nice-Yes, please

by Bring on the Sunshine from Portland, OR on Fri Aug 25 2017

The looks aren't everything! It's beautiful! I wish it was truly mine. I'd even consider leasing it if it was financially advantageous. Would conside a trade of my 2006 Mini.

Absolutely love it

by Mimi's mini from Leesburg, fl on Sun Jul 30 2017

I have back issues and this seat gives me soo much support- like no other care I/we have ever had! (Including a Cadillac Escalade). So fun to drive and the handling is awesome. My daughter drove it and was surprised by the handling and feel of car- especially turning. It doesn't drive like a small car - the handling is suberb!!! I love everything about it and can't wait to start a Mini club!

1 2

Our Take on the 2017 MINI Convertible

The verdict:

The Mini Cooper S Convertible delivers one of the best open-air convertible experiences you'll find, with impressive driving capabilities and a price tag that starts out reasonable, but rises quickly as you add desirable options.

Versus the competition:

Compared with other small, fun-to-drive droptops, the Mini Cooper S Convertible has a rich interior and excellent driving dynamics. Key competitors include the Mazda MX-5 Miata and Fiat 500C Abarth. Compare them here.

Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2016 about the 2016 Mini Convertible, but little of substance has changed. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Exterior & Styling

One doesn’t have to guess that the Cooper S Convertible is a Mini. It features the round headlights, rounded grille and generally small size the rest of the automaker’s lineup shares. The convertible was redesigned for 2016 and got a little larger, but it’s hard to detect that from the outside. Yes, Minis keep getting bigger, but this is still a small car.

The windshield sits fairly far away from the driver, largely because... Read More