Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 2 reviews

Full of surprises

by from Cape Cod on October 11, 2011

After much internal debate ( is it too small, frivolous, impractical, etc...) I finally decided to take a chance on the Cooper Clubman. i spend most of my time commuting, or travelling between clients alone in the car, but I have two teenage boys and I am often the taxi. What I wanted was a reasonably priced car, that got excellent gas milage, and was a bit more fun than the Corrolla's, Civics, Accords I have been driving for 20 years. What I have is a car that met my expectations for nimble handling, and has far exceeded them regarding economy, comfort and practicality. Pros: Go cart handling is not an exageration. While not a fast car, it's a hoot to drive, corners flat and has amazing brakes. 34.1 MPG average as high as 39.8 for a 360 mile round trip to the Berkshires. Swallows way more stuff and people than you would imagine. 4 people and a weekends worth of luggage is reasonable. Really. ( No, it's not an SUV, you'll sit closer to each other, but it's surprisingly comfortable for 4 average sized adults, the extra lenghth of the clubman is a HUGE diffence from the std. Cooper) Cons: None so far, other than more people stop and ask me about this car, than the first 8 I've owned combined

Love it!

by from Buffalo, NY on May 11, 2012

What a great car! Both a a go-kart around town or a long distance cruiser. In town, I get the predicted mileage, but on the highway, when I ease off the gas, almost 45 mpg. The interior is very comfortable even for me (I'm 6'5"). It's handled great in the snow and even where the pavement ends. The only limitation is that it can either talke 4 people with little/no baggage or 2/3 people with lots of bags, but not both. Nonetheless, a winner in my books!

Similar Models