2003 Mini Cooper S

Most reliable car I owned!!

by from NJ on August 27, 2017

Day to day car meet all my needs, and fun ride the mini is very stable car on the road and safe for family my kids love it.

Fun, but not practical

by from Bethlehem on July 29, 2017

This car was very fun, but it wasn't reliable, easy to mix, or financially smart. It cost an arm and a leg to fix, and had many problems

Great Starter Car

by from Kings Mountain, North Carolina on July 24, 2017

This vehicle is very reliable and great on gas. It drives well and is very appealing. The interior is very roomy and overall well made.

Cooper S

by from Oakland, CA on July 12, 2017

I loved this car. I loved how it drove- its the car I have owned the longer than any other vehicle but in the last 3 years its just falling apart and let me tell you, repairs are NOT cheap.

Uses car for Havingfun

Love My MINI

by from clovis, ca on May 9, 2017

I love my MINI Cooper, and I doubt I will ever trade cars! The ride is amazing, it has been very dependable over the last 14 years, and I have so much fun driving a manual transmission on long road trips. I will say it is a little small for those driving with more than one passenger, but other than that, I don't have too much negativity in regards to the MINI Cooper.

Mini cooper S is the best car

by from MA on May 20, 2014

I got one 2003 mini coopers, it's super fast and safe, good car and good price. Better than Golf GTI or VW Beetles.

Mini S

by from California on August 23, 2013

I prefer the supercharged version and targeted 03 to 06. The car that we own is an 03 manual trans. The car will be used for urban duty and short trips. Comfort is 5 stars as is performance and design although the materials used for the interior were done cheaply through plastics and paint. I would still buy another perhaps a new one although I hear that the factory has planned to discontinue the hardtop S or the version that is the closest look to our car opting to supersize, I personally see this as a terrible decision if true but we'll hope that sales figures force the return of the hardtop/hatchback, again if true.

Too Fun

by from OK on March 7, 2013

I purcahsed this 2003 used in the past 45 days and so far the thing is well beyond my expectations for a 10 year olf vehicle. I love driving it daily and it is getting around 27 MPG all around. I purchased with 46M miles on it and would recommend staying away from those with 100+ unless the price is right. I paid $7700 from a dealer after haggling from their 10800 asking. It can be done as limited prospective buyers for these. Seats and interior have worn better than vehicles I have had 4 -5 years old. Engine is as spunky as ever and no worry about passing on 2 lanes.

Very inexpensive, fun, sporty hatchback

by from Vale, NC on April 9, 2012

I bought this car when I traded in a '01 Honda Civic. These two cars are not even close to comparable. I love the styling, performance and features of the Cooper S. Fully loaded with a supercharger, the drive is fun and responsive. the Harmon/Karden stereo is light years ahead of standard radios. It was XM ready and had aftermarket armrests which are awesome. Oil changes are a little expensive, as are tires and wiper blades, but you have to expect that from this type of car. I have a repair coming up, butI have no idea what it will costs. Even if it runs me $800, I'm still going to love this car.

I love this car....

by from Winter Haven, FL on October 20, 2011

I love the car to death. The only problem I have with it, thus the low mark for comfort, is the Run Flat tires are beating me to death. MINI put these on the cars so they would not have to provide a spare. My suggestion buy other tires and get a AAA card because the Run Flats for daily driving suck.