Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 Cooper S

2004 MINI Cooper S

2004 MINI Cooper S

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2004 MINI Cooper S?

The biggest burn.

by Disappointed04 from Upstate,NY on Tue Nov 08 2011

Pro's- Small, maneuverable, quick, harmonkardon sound system, large sunroof, responsive traction control and styling. Con's- Back seat contours make seating a car or booster seat on them difficult, many trim pieces need to be replace with new ones once removed, reliability, prices of parts and the sparsity of dealers. Be warned, although these cars are lots of fun and have relatively high marks, you could end up with what seems like a "lemon". I have had nothing but trouble with my 04 Cooper S and the maintenance and repairs are not cheap. I have about surpassed the purchase price of my car in repair costs alone. I have replaced 2 O2 sensors, catalytic converter, DME computer, both window motors, rear wiper motor, engine pulleys and tensioner, the entire parking brake system, starter, 2 power steering pumps, clutch switch and a door lock actuator all before 100,000 miles, not to mention the 3 rims I've replaced since they are more malleable then clay and get bent very easily. I always miss my MINI when I'm not driving it but it spends too much time in the shop for any practical use. After this last trip to the shop I'm calling it quits and trading it in.

Does not recommend this car!!

2004 is the most reliable Mini Cooper by research

by WSGyra from Western Cranston, R.I. on Sun Apr 22 2018

I love my “04” Mini Cooper S. With over 160 horsepower, get up and go is exhilarating, all while accomplishing 25/34 mpg . The Mini devours cornering, like driving a go-cart at high speed. Mini Coopers turn heads with their sleek design. Inside design is like a Picasso painting, save the cup holders and storage compartments. The most appealing interior feature to me is the large centerpiece speedometer/odometer gauge, followed by the center located toggle style switches. Throw in the large front operable double moonroof, I love it! While very roomy for two, entering and exiting for rear passengers can be a bit challenging, however who promotes more than one passenger in a sports car? Turning ratio is great, maximizing power in each gear is easily accomplished at over 4000 rpm. You can easily do 60 in 4th gear with two to spare. After extensive research on my behalf I found the “04” Mini Cooper to be the most reliable Cooper made. That is why I bought my and love driving my used “04” Mini Cooper S.

My 2004 Works Cooper S

by Hooky from Palestine, IL on Sun Jan 23 2011

I'm 65 years of age and bought my 2004 Works S new and it's the most fun car I have ever owned. The performance is breathtaking along with great fuel economy. I have now owned my pride and joy for six years and the fit and finish is still faultless with no rattles or squeaks and great handling.

mini s from so cal

by Jen from California on Mon Apr 04 2016

traded my wrangler in for my 04 mini s to save on fuel costs.PROS: GREAT fuel economy, fun ride.CONS: have spent far more fixing my cooper than its worth. (bushings, strut mounts, rack and pinion, coolant res, power steering pump- the list goes on). 95k miles on it- engine is solid the rest I sweat it every day waiting for something else to break- and nothing is cheap to fix on a cooper. Great PROJECT car, but not for every day. Miss my reliable wrangler- I would have spent money at the pump but saved in a TON of repairs.

Does not recommend this car!!

The 2004 Mini S

by Artrunner from Winter Springs, FL on Mon Mar 05 2012

I have owned it for 5 years and the only problem I have had is the recall on the oxygen sensor. That's it! The ride very stiff (a nice way of saying rough) and it handles crisply, but 37 MPG highway makes up for that. GREAT exterior finish. It still looks new after 8 years. The interior is very well done with REAL leather and all controls within easy reach. The only minor annoying problems there are the tiny cup holders the won't hold a coffee cup and the wiper control arm that gets turned on occasionally while trying to put the key in the ignition. Over all it's a great car and I would buy another if this one ever wears out.

fun on the run

by dene from phoenix, az on Sat Mar 24 2012

This is a superb vehicle for commuting, and for fun to drive pleasure. It handles like a " slot car", doesn't recognize a curve, just does it. It will handle a large body , and the seat is conforming to the body. It has sports car handling, so close to the ground you must be careful on sharp dips in come city streets. I have driven them all, and this care is as 9 out of ten for pleasure to drive, and all around fun, plus mileage is noithing to sneeze at either. Well over 30mpg at 80, and the six speed will do up to 38mpg.

Funnest Car I ever Owned

by JP from Savannah, GA on Thu Apr 05 2007

I have owned 3rd Gen. RX-7, Jags, BMWs, Porches and an Acura. This little gem is one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. And you get a lot of the little car for the money. I have the Cooper-S. Tight suspension, you can feel the road. Best for the sports car enthusiast. Would buy one again in a heart-beat. JP

very rare mini

by mini doc from siesta key fl on Fri Jan 04 2013

limited edition mini modified by DINAN in california 236hp handles like it's on rails one of the fastest minis on the planet came with every option except nav IF YOU DRIVE A MINI YOU"LL BUY A MINI not a car but a family member

Extremely satisfied customer

by Mini S from on Mon Dec 10 2012

I haven't bought a car iin over 7 years. The customer service we received here was impeccable! The sales guy (Edwin) was one of the most curteous sales men we've encoutered in our quest of finding a newer vehicle. Daryl the finance manager has got to be the most knowlegeable and honest finance manager ever!! If you're looking for a great automobile (not just in looks) but also in quality and you want great customer service, then this is definitely the place yiou want to come to. Pure excellence from beginning to end. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Love it Love it Love it

by Lex from Boise, ID on Sat Feb 09 2008

This car has been my baby! She has been such an amazing car to own and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sporty 2 door car. The gas mileage is fantastic, and most importantly she is fun to drive!

1 2 3