Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Cooper S

2006 MINI Cooper S

2006 MINI Cooper S

Have You Driven the 2006 MINI Cooper S?

Reminds me why I love driving...

by Boston Baloo from Boston, MA on Sun Aug 08 2010

I recently got my hands on a 2006 Cooper S Convertible. Getting behind the wheel of this car forces a smile onto your face. It's got incredible pep and agility, and you feel like a kid cruising through the neighborhood in a go kart. All this being said, the interior is incredible comfortable. The heated seats definitely get the job done, and the lumbar support in the front seats makes your body just hug the seat. The Harmon Kardon stereo system is fantastic and has enough power to allow you to hear the radio fine with the top down, even on the highway. The optional Xenon headlights throw an amazing amount of light onto the road. The one thing that I should warn you about is that if you have any tendencies whatsoever to drive aggressively, this car will get you into trouble. Between the quick acceleration of the turbocharged engine and the nimble maneuverability, you may very well find yourself in road rage heaven. My very favorite part of driving this car is the throaty little growl of the exhaust. Every time you let up on the gas, you hear the exhaust pop and sputter, almost egging you on to push down a little harder on that pedal on the right... If you drive for the experience of it, then this is your car. If you are fresh out of college or are a family looking at a second car, then this is a fantastic choice. Expecting much more usefulness out of the nonexistent storage space will frustate you to tears, so you family guys (and gals) might want to make sure that your mini has a minivan for a sibling. I traded in a 2005 Mustang for my mini. I thought I enjoyed cruising in my Stang... I had no idea what I was missing.

I love this car!

by Fast Car Lover from Anoka on Sun Oct 24 2010

After having this car for nearly 4 years and over 32K miles, I still love it as much as on day 1. I have a 15 month old, and the minor discomforts of having to fit a infant car seat and then a convertible car seat into a 2 door car still never made me want to give up this car. It is solid and I always felt safe in it. As long as the snow doesn't go above the bumper, I was always impressed by how it handled in the snow. I have the S and got excited every time I entered an on-ramp and could feel it's power.

Love it!!

by Mini Mom from Mississippi on Thu Oct 17 2013

Fun car! I have a long commute to/from work and look forward to it only because of my Mini. NOT a luxury vehicle so if that is what you are looking for, buy a grown up car. You feel all the bumps and the sunroof is noisy if open but turn the radio up loud enough and that's not a problem. Plenty of room when the back seats are down for my Mastiff to ride comfortably. No complaints. I will have to agree with one comment though that we are treated as second class citizens at the BMW/Mini dealership for buying the Mini instead of a Beemer.

best looking car I ever owened

by BBQBOB from California on Tue Feb 14 2012

I love and my wife complains about everything on it. It does have a VERY rough ride. You feel EVERY bump in the rode. I probably need to install some kind of special suspension for it. I know that when I drive it, it turns every head.

Used 2006 MINI Cooper S

by Tru-Brit from Santa Clarita on Thu Feb 06 2014

A few rattles here & there from the plastic trim...but some felt backing applied solves that. Performance is great from the supercharged engine - very sporty in commuter traffic. The design of the front end lends itself to lots of stone-chips...all MINI Hatchbacks have the same problem.

Perfect For The City!!!!

by Chicago Guy from Chicago, IL on Mon Oct 03 2011

Purchased 5 months ago with 42K miles. Changed out the run flat tires and man this is the perfect car to navigate throughout the city. I can't believe how much I enjoy driving this smooth, fast, fun car! I love love love it!! Sad to say that I will be garaging it for the winter and pulling out the SUV (which I love too).

2006 Mini Cooper S, Is a Thrill to Drive

by Keith on Sat Apr 21 2018

This car is loaded with standard and optional features. Exciting to drive through the mountains at the National Parks or a day trip near your home town. Amazed at the power and speed the 4 cylinder Supercharged engine puts out. I can park in small places most others can not. 32 miles per gallon is what I average. Test drive a Minni Cooper and it will put a smile on your face!

My Favorite Car Ever...

by Scoobykate from Ballston Spa, NY on Thu Mar 25 2010

I love my 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible, manual. So much that I want to replace the one I just totaled in an accident. Out of all the cars out there I can buy, four years later I still want my year, make, model and features...Black, white bonnet stripes, chrome trim in/out, 17" rims, heated seats, multi-functional steering wheel, on-board computer, etc. What can I say? Buy one fully loaded = never being disappointed...

fun car quality ride

by jagger from springfield,MA on Sun Feb 12 2012

owning over a hundred cars in my life,this by far is my favorite.solid,fun,blast to drive.gocart for adults.

Great Car

by Erica Vail from Clarks Summit, PA on Fri Apr 11 2014

This car is fun to drive and affordable at the same time. So far it has been very reliable and isn't too bad on fuel. It's a great car and I don't have an ounce of buyer's remorse!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8