2008 Cooper S

2008 MINI Cooper S

2008 MINI Cooper S

4.2

Have You Driven the 2008 MINI Cooper S?

A great little car!

by MINI FAN from Pompano Beach, FL on Wed May 28 2008

I have had my 2008 Cooper S for only three weeks and have loved every minute. I test drove both the Steptronic Automatic and 6 Speed Manual transmissions - both worked well, but the manual is allot more fun to drive. The 1.6 liter 172 horsepower engine is amazingly responsive and powerful along with being very economical. My daily commute consists of primarily highway driving which is averaging 34-36 mpg's. The only drawback is that premium fuel is required. The front wheel drive configuration did take some getting used to since my previous car was a rear driver but the almost go-cart like handling makes this car a blast to drive. I am 6 feet tall and find the interior to be surprisingly roomy with plenty of leg and head room. The shoulder room however is a little tight and the back seats are only usable if the front seats are adjusted forward which compromises the front leg room. Overall - I highly recommend this great little car but of course, due to the size, it's not for everybody!

FUN and GREAT on gas...!

by Vfrider1 from on Sat Dec 31 2011

Fun and great on gas, This is a drivers car. Carving up mountain roads makes for a great afternoon! The six speed manual and the Turbo charged engine are blast to drive.

Outstanding fun vehicle

by Wambat from Lou ky on Thu Aug 11 2011

This is a fun vehicle for city or highway use. It is well engineered, appointed and the S is quite peppy. The electric or computer can develope a few glitches and they can develop a rattle but overall a great litttle car.

The funnest car to drive!

by FastEddie from Barron,WI on Wed May 31 2017

I've never owned a car that's so much fun to drive than my 08 Mini Cooper S Turbo I never get tired of driving it Love it so glad I chose to buy it

Most fun car I've owned

by MccMini from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Nov 06 2017

The mini is the most fun car to drive and easy on the gas tank. I plan to get a new one to follow up my 2008 as soon as I can. Love life in a Mini!

Love/Hate Relationship

by JB from Arizona on Thu May 26 2011

There are days when I simply love my S and days where I go shopping for it's replacement. I've wanted a Mini since I was in high school in the 80's (so those paying attention realize that was the original British Mini), so buying my 2008 S was not on done on a whim. The other cars I was considering were the BMW 3 series, Audi A3, and VW GTI. The styling, cult-like following, and pegging the fun-meter is what sold me on the Mini. Mini's relationship with BMW didn't hurt either. So let's get to the love/hate section: Love --------- Style, driving position, funkiness of the interior (you gotta love mood lights), acceleration, braking, road feel (only on smooth roads) Hate--------- Seats (my '69 VW Bug had better seats than these torture devices), Run Flats (BMW's absolute worst mistake, just simply awful), clutch (poor release and feel), Bone jarring ride (you really don't need to make a suspension this stiff to make a car handle well) Rattles, Transmission clunks into 2nd gear (dealer refuses to acknowledge this), reliability (which is offset by the fun factor). If I were to do it again, I might go with the GTI only because the VW interior is so comfortable and comes with real tires and a real spare (did I mention how horrible run flats are?).

Best car ever!!!

by D.B. Cooper from on Sat May 02 2009

The mini cooper "S" is definitely one of the coolest cars on the road now! The drive is fun and responsive.. hit the "S" button and you feel like you're driving a ferrari. Performance and handling are off the charts! I don't think I've ever seen a bad review for this car, it's simply speaks for itself!

My 1st Mini - Introduction

by History of German Cars from Dallas TX on Fri Dec 14 2012

I was looking a Mini-Cooper "S" for several months before purchasing this car used. It had 52K miles on it when I bought it. Previously I owned a BMW 530i "Sport" which gave me something to compaire it too. The Mini is unique and a car that must be driven to enjoyed. Mine has an automatic transmission, but other than that it is a stock vehicle. These little cars are fast and handle very well. My mileage in and around town and out on the highway has been around 30 MPG - always on premium gas. It's just my wife and I so we don't have people to pour into the back seat. It's a great "run around" car like going to the grocery store or out to eat. One thing you will notice about the short wheelbase is that poor roads will beat you to death due to the suspension. If I had to do it all over, I'd recommend first going to the local dealer or on-line to see what options were available for that year and pick out what ones are a deal breaker and only look for those vehicles. This is one area I overlooked and should have paid more attention too. These cars are pricey, even for little cars so take your time and look around. If youre looking on-line make sure you get to see the vehicle from all angles. Something like a moon-roof may not show up in the pictures. I saw several vehicles showing they were automatic when in the pictures they were clearly 6 speed transmissions. Also the radio's that come standars are OK but I find one that has an upgrade. Also look at the convience package that allows you to program your garage door opener code into it so you don't have to carry a garage door opener around with you. Have fun motoring - Ta! Ta!

Love this Car

by To Many Cars from Colorado on Mon Dec 26 2011

This car is our extra and we don't drive it much. Haven't put enough miles on this car to comment on the reliability. The handling works. The suspension is tight and I LOVE the gocart stiff ride. Add in the 33 MPG for a turbo lagged rocket and what's not to love? It's great for weekend ticket hunting on twisty mountain roads. I wouldn't want to use it for a daily driver. My Nissan LEAF keeps the Mini parked.

Better than my old MGB days !

by Steve from Tampa on Tue Jun 03 2008

Have had the Mini for a week now and I have had nothing but fun. The car is built very well and has a solid feel. I bought it due to the loss of my company car and for my daily drive to the office. I have always heard great this about the vehicle and they were right. If your in the market for a great little car with big power and amply room inside get a cooper.

1 2 3