2017 Countryman

2017 MINI Countryman

2017 MINI Countryman

Have You Driven the 2017 MINI Countryman?

Mini Cooper meets SUV in a GREAT way

by kblanchard from Georgia on Wed Nov 22 2017

I've been an SUV driver for a long time and a Mini Cooper driver for a few years now. This countryman is the best of both worlds wrapped up in one. Fun to drive, excellent performance, with all the Mini Cooper benefits and customizations. If you are looking for a small SUV with all that plus excellent gas mileage...you should check out the 2017 countryman.

Wonderful

by Nocogal57 from Portland Ore on Thu May 04 2017

I looked for awhile to find something of a smart city car but with safety and large enough if I need to use for a family! I purchased the alla S model and I am very happy!

Love my new car!

by TSapp from Cleveland, Ohio on Thu Mar 16 2017

I love my new car. So glad I took the chance. It's fun to drive and I love the bells and whistles. Would definitely recommend our Cleveland dealer and would definitely recommend Mini!

MINI got this one right!

by KimH from St Louis, MO on Fri Jun 23 2017

This can compete with ANY luxury sedan hands down! Well appointed and stylish. Love how it handles and how quite the ride it.

Fun practical car

by Cam on Sun Jul 09 2017

I currently drive a 2017 Mini Cooper Countryman S with a manual transmission. The car is perfect for everyday driving. The clutch is not too heavy, the shifts are smooth. With active rev matching, downshifting is a breeze. The car gets around 30 mpg if you're driving conservatively which is great. If in sport mode, handling feels sharp and direct and throttle response is great. The interior is great, the infotainment system is based off the BMW iDrive but with its own appearance. Everything is smooth, feels very refined. With the sport seats, the bolstering holds you tight. So far, there are no complaints with the vehicle. When I purchased this vehicle, I got an amazing deal because it was a manual. The value for the money at that price was too good to be true. I am waiting until winter to test out the ALL4 system but I am sure that the car will excel in the snow.

Excellent performance and comfort

by Tizeye from Orlando, FL on Sat Aug 05 2017

Very solid, reliable and attention getting. Great dealer support. S Model Auto 2WD best on highway 32MPG, averaging 50/50 city/highway 26 MPG. While may have slightly softened "go-cart" handling other Mini's known for, it is very responsive and precise and saved me from one accident with only 3000 miles on car. Fully stopped on a curbless 2 lane road behind a car wanting to turn left and waiting for 5 cars in opposite direction. View a car in my mirror approaching at a high rate of speed, then suddenly nose dips with screeching locked brakes. I punch it and whip my car to the right on the shoulder. As I looked back, that other car was in a cloud of blue smoke and stopped about where my driver's door had been. They would have created a major sandwich accident with me in the middle...and never even attempted to follow me to the grassy median. Where do these people learn to drive. That experience really elevated my appreciation of the car's handling features.

HOT CAR. I smell you are jealous.

by mimi7878 from Ypsilanti, MI on Sat Jul 07 2018

I love it. It's small and peppy and fits everything I need it to fit. It looks great and runs great and is fun to drive. I could not be happier.

New to MINI Family

by BrandiTherese from Upper Marlboro, MD on Tue Oct 09 2018

What can I say about my Coutryman All4...I. LOVE. IT!!! I have previously only driven large SUVs and wanted to give a MINI a try because they are pretty slick looking cars. I found my Countryman All4 and absolutely fell in love with it. They tell me it is considered the SUV of the MINI line so that helped!! Not only did it come with all the bells and whistles that my previous Sequoia did not, but it was also spacious for a small car. The handling is great, the response when stepping on the gas is amazing and I am super excited that I can fit into any street parking when typically I'd have to locate a garage to park my bus! It has enough room for my family of four and the cargo room is exceptional for my daily tasks. I am absolutely sold on this small line of cars and not sure if I will go back to a large SUV in the future.

Quirky but nice

by Miniman from Paso Robles, CA on Tue May 22 2018

This car is surprisingly practical, with plenty of interior room for a family of four. Cargo area is a little limited and the suspension is a bit on the stiff side, but overall a welcome change from the typical VW Golf or Toyota RAV4.

MINI OR NOT TO MINI

by Countryman from Amherst,NH on Sat Aug 19 2017

The largest Mini, an oxymoron. This one is the largest of the Mini line. This one has more options and more space than you think you need. You need the extra few inches.

Our Take on the 2017 MINI Countryman

The verdict:

Bigger and better in every way than the 2016, the new 2017 Mini Countryman is a fun and versatile subcompact SUV that outshines premium competitors costing thousands more.

Versus the competition:

Despite being about the same overall length as competitors, the new Countryman is far roomier, especially in the backseat. It has more headroom, more cargo room and more customization options, as well.

The second-generation Mini Countryman has arrived, now built off an all-new platform with all-new engines, transmissions and all-wheel drive, as well (compare the 2016 and 2017 models here). It's bigger, more refined, more spacious and more powerful than ever, but now that the Countryman has a lot more premium competition, can it still command a premium price?

Despite sharing not a single body panel with the outgoing Countryman, the new one looks every bit a Mini. The front end has new taillights and the traditional Mini-style grille, while a taller greenhouse lets in more light compared with the old model and its higher beltline. The biggest change comes in back, where the previous Countryman's... Read More