NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Eclipse Cross

2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Have You Driven the 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

So far so good! Love the way it looks & drives

by Bguevara from Wesley Chapel, FL on Fri Mar 22 2019

First off, this car is a show stopper, not only on the outside, but the inside too! Everywhere I’ve taken this vehicle so far, people stop me to ask me what vehicle it is. I even caught my neighbor staring at it today, haha! It looks like a true luxury SUV and without the costly penny! The interior on the Eclipse Cross SE version is very elegant even without the leather seating. The cloth seats are easy to clean and have such a cool but simple design on the inside to add that extra touch. It has so many cool technology advantages and you can even have access from your phone from an app to lock it, open it, start it, etc. I love the way this vehicle handles and drives, for a 4 cylinder with turbo, it can really take off and has great kick! My only cons is on the SE version you don’t get the garage door opener buttons on the rear view mirror, it doesn’t have powered seats and it doesn’t have the push button to automatically open/close the trunk. However, this vehicle has so many pros for the SE middle version of the Eclipse Cross that I looked past all the cons. If you can’t see past it, go for the SEL with all the horns and whistles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. The safety features and the look/feel of this SUV for the price is well worth it! Stop searching and go get this vehicle, you won’t regret it.

Love this ride

by Eclipse Proud from Genoa, Illinois on Tue Apr 16 2019

Great headroom and comfort. Has every safety feature possible. I really love the heads up display - didn't think I would but now I am a believer.

Nicest Vehicle I Have Owned

by JasEG from Stafford, VA on Sat Nov 10 2018

I love the number of standard features in the SE model. The keyless entry and vehicle start are fantastic. I also love the fact that it is Amazon Alexa compatible and has it's own Android App to do things like warm up and defrost the car, lock and unlock, and set profile features.

Its a great little SUV ignore the "experts"

by Orlando Life from orlando on Wed Nov 06 2019

I was leary of test driving the Eclipse Cross after reading all the so called expert reviews that trashed this car. Most of them seem to not be able to get over the fact that its called Eclipse Cross. Move on already!!! My other car is a 2015 CTSV that was my dream car when I bought it. I kept my 2011 Outlander I had at the time as a run around car and from the second I decided to sell that car, then did so several months back I missed having an SUV. Love, love, love my Cadillac but the best car for a daily driver it is not. So decided I was going to buy another Outlander so off to the dealer I went. I always liked the look of the Eclipse Cross (except the straight on back end view, buts its grown on me) but it wasn't even on my radar because of the negative "expert reviews". When I got to the dealer they had about 15 leftover Crosses sitting there all shined up with a big discount sitting on the windshield. I decided to test drive both the Outlander and the Cross and I was really suprised with the Cross....ended up buying a Black SEL and got 8600 off the sticker. It is smooth, quiet, fairly roomy and gets great gas mileage. I took in on a 2500 mile trip a few weeks after I bought it and got 28-29 MPG running 75-80 with the AC running. The safety tech works perfectly, better than my Cadillacs, love the bronze stitching on the leather. It's not a powerhouse, and yes it could use another 20-30HP...but its not as slow and is peppy enough get out of its own way. (my CTSV has 556hp so I know what power is) It handles well, the steering does not have alot of feel but has enough weight and it really sticks to the road with the AWD. OK the CVT is...well a CVT...my outlander had one and it was fine. At least this one has some fake shifts built so it mimics a normal auto a bit better. I would love for Mitsubishi do to a Ralliart version, add some more horsepower and put in their dual clutch. But as it stands for the price I paid it is a really good smaIl SUV that if like the Outlander will be bullet proof in its reliability and that I would recommend and buy again in a heart beat.

Very smooth driving experience

by Bobby Thakkar from Palatine, IL on Wed Jul 17 2019

First time user of Mitsubishi and had great driving experience, Smooth ride with lots of great extras to enjoy with great value for your dollars

I really love my Eclipse Cross!

by judekat from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Aug 01 2019

My new Mitsubishi is a real step up from my previous vehicle which was 20 years old. All the new technology is so overwhelming, but I'm gaining on it.

First time Mitsubishi owner

by Breeze from Palmdale,Ca on Sat Jun 01 2019

The overall styling is unique, I got the SEL package, real nice heated leather seats, the turbo gives the car nice pep, handles nice on curves, so far pleased with my purchase

most reliable car i have owned !

by Lindsay from Burbank on Sat May 04 2019

this is the best car ever i dont have buyer regret at all ! my salesman jesse did the best job helping me choose my car

One of the best!

by Jim from Swartz Creek, MI on Tue Jul 23 2019

I love this thing! I had been trying to choose for awhile and finally decided on the Cross and it’s sick! The warranty alone is something to consider

Our 5th Mitsubishi! What an awesome vehicle!

by Kevin McKenzie from Cumberland, MD on Tue Nov 05 2019

So I just purchased my brand new 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL with Touring Package and S-AWC and got $6,700.00 off the MSRP. Well we actually bought 2, one in Octane Blue and one in Red Diamond in identical SEL trims with the Touring Package! It reminds me of a Volvo and an Aztek in the rear and I love the styling of both those vehicles so I love it and it is unmistakable in its design! Plus the rear led signature of the parking lights is so unique and looks amazing and I love how they hid the rear wiper up under the rear roof spoiler to avoid ice and snow building up on it. Also the rear styling aids visibility in my opinion giving a much larger glass area. One thing my salesman said his customers all say is that at night they love how the rear led bar that splits the rear window directly lines up with and blocks the headlights of cars behind you from blinding you and by dang it sure does on 75% of vehicles, really neat. I have been averaging about 26 mpg in mixed so around the numbers projected but it does better than our 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport GT AWC on fuel that we traded. Now the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE that we also traded blew them both out of the water on MPGs but it was a 3 cylinder with 78 horsepower lol (was a great car). But we are very pleased with the Eclipse Cross and the features are awesome and it is truly loaded! Plus the looks and questions it attracts are cool. One thing it does have is great power or should I say torque. This thing is very zippy and can really take off with very little turbo lag. The CVT is very smooth and refined and the Eclipse Cross just has an effortless drive to it cruising so smooth and quiet. The interior is a step above the competition in my opinion with super comfortable seats, expensive looking materials, padded dash, arm rest and upper door trim. I have had no creaks or rattles at all and it has been chilly the last few days. The heated steering wheel works great even with my steering wheel cover on. Its just a very comfortable small suv with loads of personality. Features galore! I love the dual sunroofs, heated front and rear seats and steering wheel, heads up display, surround view camera and multiple views to choose from, and the radar cruise worked flawlessly on the 1.5 hr drive home at 70 mph and rush hour traffic stop and go. I love how the trim we purchased has all the safety features and the led headlights in this car are like wow you can see everything and you can adjust them. The auto high beams are a really cool feature. I will mention again the seats in this thing are so comfortable and they just hug you and are soft yet long distance comfortable and I am just shy of 6ft. The smaller cargo area does not bother me at all as I purchased this suv more on the styling and Mitsubishi reliability than anything. But you can slide the rear seats forward to expand your cargo but even before doing that it has 22 cubic ft which is still pretty good to me given its rear design. We have always loved our Mitsubishis and the Eclipse Cross is our favorite to date, Mitsubishi you sure nailed it as I cannot say there is anything I dont like inside, outside, or the way it drives. I just really am impressed and love this vehicle and to get it for close to $7,000.00 less than MSRP just sweetens the deal. I understand most (not all) people who buy this suv do so solely on the looks and that is why we got our 2 SELs with Touring Package so that we got every safety feature and the 2 sunroofs. It truly is loaded. The Mitsubishi Connect app on our iPhones (7 Plus and X) has worked amazing also and we have used it more than 20 times each to start and shut off our Eclipse Crosses, turn lights on and off, adjust the interior temp, and there are dozens of preferences and features you can adjust in the vehicle with the app. Plus it has the sos feature if the air bags deploy to call you and stolen vehicle assist. I called the call center with the black call button and she went over everything it does and can do. So cool. Free for 2 years which is awesome and runs about $12.00 to $19.00 a month after that depending on the package you pick, which I will gladly pay the $19.00 after 2 years its well worth it. It is also an IIHS Top Safety Pick and you can tell buy driving it that it is a heavy SUV for its size and feels very solid and safe (SEL 3,516 lbs).

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

The verdict:

Life is full of unanswered questions. Why does a round pizza come in a square box? When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny? Now, I’m adding the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross to that list: Why does this solidly unimpressive model exist?

Versus the competition:

The compact SUV class is brimming with comfortable, composed and affordable vehicles, and while the Eclipse Cross undercuts their prices, they beat the Mitsubishi in almost every other way.

With its new SUV, Mitsubishi aims to combine the looks and excitement of its discontinued Eclipse convertible with the utility of a compact SUV. The result is as awkward as it sounds in terms both of styling and of its placement in Mitsubishi’s lineup.

The automaker calls the Eclipse Cross a compact SUV, and it slots between the Outlander Sport and three-row Outlander in length. It competes against the likes of the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4; see them compared.

(Un)Controlled Chaos

To my eye, the Eclipse Cross’ styling is as chaotic and awkward as its name implies, from its gaping front grille to its split liftgate bisected by the taillights. Inside, things settle down thanks... Read More