2020 Eclipse Cross

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

Absolutely love this car!

by Lbbatista74 from Little Compton, RI on Tue Mar 10 2020

Love the style and performance of this car. I traded in my 2020 Toyota Corolla SE for the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and I couldn’t be happier. It gives a great ride, it’s good on gas, and I love all the extras on it. I feel safe and comfortable driving and would definitely buy another one.

For the money, this SUV is where it's at.

by NewMitsubishiDude from North Providence, RI on Thu Jul 30 2020

I researched my purchase for two years before committing to this vehicle. I was obviously hesitant, as Mitsubishi has a weak reputation and the rumors of the Japanese automaker leaving the USA have been circulating for years. However, the price point, the very attractive exterior and desire to feed the underdog kept this on my radar of options. By the time I was actually ready to buy, I had a top three: 1. Honda HRV. 2. Subaru Crosstrek and 3. Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross. And I wanted to finance less than 20k (after my down payment and trade-in). Well, a new Honda HRV was out of my price range and the used market for that very popular model in my area is practically non-existent. The Subaru dealer pulled a bait and switch on a used one. And Mitsubishi granted me an offer I couldn't refuse on a beautiful, brand new, LOADED SUV. It's been about a month and I have never loved a vehicle as much as this one. The thing turns heads, runs fantastic, is comfortable and feels durable. AND a 100k mile/10 year powertrain warranty?! 60k/5 year bumper-to-bumper?! For the same money, you can walk away with a used more popular model or you can walk away with this great little car. The way I see it, is Mitsubishi is trying to rebuild their brand in the states, like Hyundai did a few years ago. Prospective buyers should, at the very least, take this for a ride, and consider taking advantage of their low-msrp, high warranty marketing ploy...I walked off the lot spending under 21k, with a brand new, gorgeous, completely loaded vehicle. Of the cars I drove, this was the best bang for the buck. I can't recommend this ride enough, and I would suggest grabbing one before the price goes up: supply and demand!

Exactly what I wanted

by TAS from Jacksonville, Florida on Thu Sep 24 2020

Great performance good design plenty of room. Handling was awesome. Loved the packages the maker offered. Plenty of room for passengers and also the cargo area. Seems to be a good solid vehicle.

1982 Nissan 280Z 2+2

by Vivian grandmother of identical triplets girl! Age from Hammond, Louisiana on Sat Jun 27 2020

I needed a car bad didn't know anything about the eclipse cross, I have own two Mitsubishi in the eighties. But l love my Eclipse Cross car I am old it's easy to get into and out of. I love the colors a beautiful red. Sorry I didn't get the sun roof. Will I do it again i would. I love the power for a small car.

My First Brand New Car!!

by Tracy from Champlain, NY on Thu Jun 11 2020

This was not the vehicle I was looking at when I first started looking. My Daughter told me about the Eclipse Cross and decided I'd check it out. Not one single regret! I Absolutely Love my new car. Thanks To Della Mitsubishi in Plattsburgh!!

best car ive driven yet im a chevy guy so this is

by Cowboys fan 2021 from Ft.wayne,Ind on Thu Aug 20 2020

well im a chevy guy but i decided to go with this SUV so far very pleased and happy with the choice of vehicle we wanted and the atmosphere was very friendly

A great car for the price !

by Edtattooed from Hampshire, IL on Fri Nov 06 2020

Very versatile and fun to drive ! The Octane Blue Metallic is very eye-catching. I am really enjoying this car. I previously drove an Eclipse Cross and loved it so i upgraded it !!

Very sporty and reliable

by Led zep from Levittown pa. on Tue Oct 27 2020

This car is amazing and fun to drive. Very reliable and easy to maintain. Its a pleasure to own. I also owned a 2018 eclipse cross i upgraded and love it just as much and more.

Love it!!!!!!!

by Love it from Carrollton Texas on Wed Nov 18 2020

This car is comfortable. Roomy , safe and I love that I got the apple and camera features as well as the red pin stripes at the outside of my car and of course , also so fun to drive!!

New Eclipse Cross owner

by Rex, retired college dean from Bloomington, IL on Sat Nov 28 2020

I like the new updated styling, the use of new technology in the car, the drive is very comfortable, the turbo engine is excellent . I give it a big thumbs up!

Our Take on the 2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

The verdict:

Life is full of unanswered questions. Why does a round pizza come in a square box? When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny? Now, I’m adding the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross to that list: Why does this solidly unimpressive model exist?

Versus the competition:

The compact SUV class is brimming with comfortable, composed and affordable vehicles, and while the Eclipse Cross undercuts their prices, they beat the Mitsubishi in almost every other way.

With its new SUV, Mitsubishi aims to combine the looks and excitement of its discontinued Eclipse convertible with the utility of a compact SUV. The result is as awkward as it sounds in terms both of styling and of its placement in Mitsubishi’s lineup.

The automaker calls the Eclipse Cross a compact SUV, and it slots between the Outlander Sport and three-row Outlander in length. It competes against the likes of the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4; see them compared.

(Un)Controlled Chaos

To my eye, the Eclipse Cross’ styling is as chaotic and awkward as its name implies, from its gaping front grille to its split liftgate bisected by the taillights. Inside, things settle down thanks... Read More