Model Details

4.3
Average based on 18 reviews

Awesome Reliable Safe & Easy

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on January 21, 2011

This car is HOT! I just paid mine off- bought used- was a Florida rental car, made it up to Ohio. I do most maintenance, have 81k, needs new actuator - as in another review, should be a recall!.. also beware of the black ones- as i found out- there was a problem with the clear coat adhering to the paint- so I need a new paint job soon as it is separating. replaced rotors and brakes inthe spring. a few fuses, ok, WHY I AM IN LOVE WITH IT- it drives WAY better than other cars I've driven that sold for double and triple the price, the exterior style is fierce!, interior is comfy as can be- everything has great accessibility for driver, safety safety safety- great in any weather- traction control- excellent steering, i think the engine even governs itself going downhill, gas mileage is wonderful- I have gotten 31 mpg in mine on a 340 mile round trip drive, i've driven it all over the midwest this past summer and fall on weekend trips- i LOVE driving it! I am very confident in this car. acceleration is superb whether from 0 mph or 70 mph- it WILL lay you back in your seat. I have a 66 Mustang, (yes, she was my 1st car- so it is hard to please me with anything less than the power of a V8 -289 boored out to 305, 4 barrel holley, lower ratio rear end hot rod) had an 86 supra, first year out focus zx3 and have driven many "top" cars bmw, caddy, subaru, and various toyotas and hondas- this by far is the best of any non-muscle car. If you are looking for safety, value, good gas mileage, "go power" to get ya out of situations- braking power to do the same- this is it! also- it is SO easy to work on- truely a car for the "backyard" mechanic diy'er. very well thought out and i would like to shake the hands of the designers. After i get the actuator and paint- i will be getting a remote starter, window tint, and replace a speaker i partially blew a few years ago. OH- the infinity speakers are amazing too. windshield washers not only have slow medium fast and super fast, but positions between, and even when you put the line between positions it changes the speed- amazing too. front seat adjusts every which-way and the back seat has a panel that opens the trunk for.. skis, boards, all kinds of long cargo. plenty of luggage room. i've even put my 6' ladder over the passenger seat from front to back in the passenger compartment. You will love it too, buy it!. ok, enough gloating :)

Great Car!

by from Virginia on May 11, 2011

We had a 2003 Galant we bought brand new and had until 2006 when we skid into another car and it ended up totaled. Up until then it was a great car and still was to the day they totaled it. Never had any problems out of it and I am convinced to this day that the car saved my life. Very safe and reliable vehicle! Would recommend to anyone looking for a used car.

Performs well, very reliable, and almost 30 mpg!

by from Lynchburg, VA on January 29, 2008

Love everything about this car. Engine and transmission are powerful, smooth, quiet and reliable. Handles and excellerates like a sports car. Good gas mileage. Low repair costs. Good crash ratings. And a leather interior that is very hard mess up. I'm so happy I didn't pay thousands more for a Honda or Toyota of the same year and mileage.

2003 Mit Galant bought in 2014

by from North Texas on March 14, 2014

I got this car from a private seller. The a/c has to be totally replaced and I had to get another window motor for the driver side. Aside from that, it gets about 26.6 mpg mixed, really has a lot of power on the road, pretty tight handling, sometimes too tight lol. Good brakes, tran, engine, everything so far. I would recommend this car to someone if it's from a private seller. If it's taken care of then it is a good car. I've been driving this car all over the place the last month I have had it and it seems to handle it all well. Of course Mitsubishi and their paint job leaves a lot to be desired but can't expect a perfect car when it's 11 years old right.

great car

by from alb,nm on December 1, 2012

I owned a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant from 2004 til 2012. It was and still is a great car. I took it on road trips, back and forth to work, and all over town. Regular maintenance was all it took. kept the oil changed every 3-4 thusand miles. Still no leaks or breaks. replaced the timing belt, water pump,brakes, and struts. My son now has this car and it is still going strong. Great car, nothing fancy, but very reliable

great car, hate Audis

by from Honolulu, HI on August 1, 2011

Overall this car lasts a long time. Its super cheap on parts and it is quite fast. It is very reliable to me!

Very Riliable

by from NC on January 27, 2011

I've been a Galant owner since 04 I bought my 03 Galant in 04 w/only 14999 miles now w/245965 miles. I would recommend that anyone looking to buy a reliable car should try looking at the Galant 1st.

My Galant Is Beyond Amazing

by from Philly PA on August 25, 2009

I Own a 03 es, and its great, who ever is reading this, everything about this car is great. 21 mpg city 27 highway i save alot of money on gas and the galant is easy to customize so mine has everything in it rims system ect, defintely buy one!

good car

by from Philadelphia on January 7, 2013

I had a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES for a little over 8 years. I put 140,000 miles on this car and never had trouble with it. I would have kept it longer but I traded it in.

Good Sedan for the Money

by from Tucson, AZ on March 4, 2007

I purchased my 2003 Galant ES as a used car in October of 2004. Previously, I had owned a Mitsubishi Mirage, so I was familiar with Mitsubishi vehicles. Test driving this Galant, which has the 2.4 L. four cylinder engine, I was pleasantly surprised with the acceleration, particularly as I had read reviews which characterized this engine's performance as sluggish. Since my last four cars have all had four cylinder engines, I do not place a premium on high performance engines. The car rides well, and I have never felt any lack of control on the often winding roads in my area. Road noise is reasonably under control, but the Galant is not as quiet as some Accords and Camrys in which I have ridden as a passenger. I consider the exterior styling of my Galant to be very attractive, while the interior is a bit plain but functional. Other than a front brake problem , my Galant has been trouble free for the 20,000 miles I have driven it. Fuel economy has been very good. I would recommend this car to anyone seeking a well constructed and reliable four door sedan at a reasonable price.