Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Galant

2012 Mitsubishi Galant

2012 Mitsubishi Galant

Have You Driven the 2012 Mitsubishi Galant?

Dont count this one out.

by Dar5r from Michigan on Wed Apr 25 2012

I have read all the reviews on the 2012 Galant and I know this is the last year for this car. The professional reviews do not give this car its due credit. Yes, it is a little long in the tooth with no major updates since 2004 but I could not walk away from a $3500.00 rebate on this car. Yes 3500.00! for me, my payment needs to be within reason ... You will never see 3500.00 from Honda or Toyota on their midsized sedans. This is my third Mitsubishi , 2002 Diamante, 2010 Lancer and now the 2012 Galant. No isuues at all...good service and trouble free. If you are thinking of cars in this price range, the Galant would be worth at least a test drive...also 5yr/60,000 ... Sold.

my beloved galant

by Oregon loyal customer from Salem Oregon on Mon Feb 10 2014

I have had 4 Galants since 1994 then the 2000 model then the 2006 and now the 2012. I tell people why do you pay so much for a honda or toyota when you can get a super reliable car in the Galant. I believe my first one I put 165 k on original clutch hiway miles and used it as trade in , the rest I put about 110 k miles and the last one I have 42k and never had any problems of any type. kept transmission and tune ups on time and timing belt at around 60k as prescribed . the power is amazing and my 21 y/o son said he loves my car. the 2012 back lights are not my favorites, I still miss the big lights in the back like the 2006 that later the Dodge Charger imitated. but I am a happy camper and the car is worth more than what I paid. you cant go wrong. Even with the snow in Oregon my Galant front wheel drive manages excellent. ty

one owner

by eddie from Mt Airy, NC on Sat Mar 14 2015

I had a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant and I loved it. It was for sure a nice car and I had almost 325,000 miles on it until it got totaled in January of 2015. If you want a good dependable car, I would suggest buying a Galant. Its well worth the money. The only problem I really had was with the brakes, but other than that it was a good car.

2012 Galant

by vickio from Kansas City, Missouri on Sun Aug 11 2013

I recently purchased a 2012 galant after my 2009 galant was involved in an accident. At the point of impact the air bags deployed. That, combined with the use of my seatbelt resulted in my being able to walk away from the accident without serious injury. I loved my 2009 galant and was satisfied with it. After looking at several other vehicles I came back to the galant. I really felt that the safety of the vehicle and the features for the price was the best bang for the buck. The new galant only has 700 miles on it as I write this so cannot attest to reliability etc. but so far so good. It is a well equipped SE model including navi and a back-up camera. The only thing it does not have that my 2009 had is leather interior and I am considering having it installed. It is a new 2012. There are still a few dealers around that have them in inventory. The galant was discontinued in 2013. Rumor has it it we will be back in 2014 or 2015.

Nice & Dependable Vehicle For The Money!

by David from Alabama on Sun Oct 12 2014

Totally love it! Bought it 3 months ago and have put about 5,000 miles on it. It's comfortable for its size and rides fairly smooth, too. Road noise is minimal. I've read complaints about lack of power but this one has plenty. Passes on the highway with no problem and zips through traffic very nicely! I drive 70 - 75 MPH on the the Interstate and get 32 - 33 MPG. Around town I average 25 MPG. And both of those MPG numbers are with the A/C turned on. Steering is decent and braking is good. Although the exterior is slightly dated, it looks as good as most other cars it's size and model year out there. The only issue I have with it is the plastic used for the stereo facing on the dash. It looks a bit cheap but the stereo sounds great! Car has about 50,000 miles on it and runs and drives great. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent, economical sedan. Not flashy but still attractive and dependable. Nice to drive. No complaints!!!

luv it

by midway from Pittsburgh on Tue Jan 28 2014

Bought my 2012 Galant when it was a year old and saved about 10 grand from the original sticker price! So far 4,000 miles driven and no issues. Its a no- frills car, the interior is kind of plastic-y, and the ride is somewhat bumpy,but other than that its a great, dependable car that handles great, has good power, the interior room and quietness is surprisingly good. Hope to get many years out of this car!

ok drive

by usmc from phila p.a. on Sun Nov 24 2013

2012 galant se purchased new now has 26000 miles on it. let me say over all car is reliable, fit and finish is poor . alot of buzzing and rattling noises from the interior plastics but over time and playing music louder i pay it no mind . engine is harsh sounding on cold start up but once warm sounds like most 4cyl engine. car has good power while cruising but to merge on to hwy foot has to press gas pedal to the floor to get up to speed. tires that come standard , i recomend you change them, at first i thought car couldnt hold curves well but after a year i change them and car drives 100% better. se modle comes with all bells and whisles you want, back up camera and remote start are my fave. trust me car is a sleeper , lookin at it from the outside cannot let you see how much it has to offer

Great car

by Don Harper from Maryland on Sat Jan 14 2012

I love this car. After what seemed to be years driving vans and SUV's I cannot seem to find my spot and position in the seating. Other than that, I am satisfied.

Best car I’ve ever had

by Mitsubishi lover from Houston, tx on Tue Dec 11 2018

I bought my 2009 galant brand new and have put almost 225,000 miles on it so far. I just had a diagnosic test done to see if there are any issues with it before I give it to my sister, and it has no major issues after all these miles. I’ve only done oil changes, brakes, tires, and I did the AC system the whole ten years I’ve had the car. With a second timing belt it can easily go another 100k per the mechanic. I’m so happy to have owned this car and when I’m ready to buy again, it will be a Mitsubishi!

not fancy, but reliable

by just me from albuquerque,nm on Fri Nov 30 2012

I owned a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant for seven years. It was and still is a great car. Regular maintenance was all it took. I gave that to my son and because of reliability, I bought another one-a used 2012. So far-great car. Mitsubishis don't come with all the bells, whistles and fancy interiors as the more popular models, but as far as reliability and a more affordable vehicle, I feel they are as good as a car as any of the others. They have a little noisier ride because they're a simpler made car-but the engine power is very acceptable and they handle great. Gas mileage is also good. The Galant has alot of inside room and is very well designed. Maintain them as any other car and it will last you a long time. If you are looking for a good car that is affordable and you can be happy without all the luxury, I highly recommend the Mitsubishi.

1 2