1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

Change Year
1995 Mitsubishi Mirage
4.5
Average based on 2 reviews

15 years and going strong!

by from Blountville, TN on March 20, 2011

I had never owned a "sporty" car before, but after my husband and I divorced (and I turned 40), I chose this car as a sort of symbol of the new life I was about to begin on my own. It has been the most reliable car I've ever driven. The only problems were caused by freaky circumstances: an elderly lady, driving 15 mph in a big sedan, drove right into me (I was stopped), requiring a new radiator; something I must have driven over caused an oil leak; a kid happened to throw a ball into one of the headlights. I have replaced brakes and the compressor (after 12 years), but (knock on wood) have never had any problems with the transmission, the clutch, the engine, etc. I don't think it's ever failed to start except when I accidentally left the interior light on for several days. It's just been a great car, and I'll keep driving it until my mortgage is paid off (about 7 years from now!). Until this year, it got 40 mpg (includes both highway and in-town driving); currently I'm getting only 35. Now that I'm almost 56 and unjustly arthritic, getting out of the car is increasingly difficult (that's why I rated comfort a 4). I wouldn't recommend it (or any low car) for creaky folks, but if I were looking for a first car for a young driver, I wouldn't overlook the older model Mirages. I'd certainly buy another Mitsubishi, but one more accommodating to my advancing age! It has been and continues to be a GREAT car.

I Like It

by from Orlando, FL on February 11, 2011

I have a '95 Mirage S, which had been mistreated & already had a buck-ninety on the clock, so that's why I got it cheap. On the bad side, it loses oil out both ends (though not excessively), and I can't haul much of anything on/in it. On the good side, it always starts & runs (and handles like a go-kart)!