1997 Mitsubishi Mirage

Good car

by from Salt Lake City, Utah on September 21, 2006

I would have to say that this car is not only HOT but great for young adults to drive. If you are 16-25 then this is a great car for you to drive. I wish there was a CD player. But as long as we have adaptors then were okay. I would recoommend this car to many people.

Very Good Car

by from OH on September 22, 2011

Has been a very reliable car. Gives great mileage. Didnot give me any trouble the year I owned it. All owners maintained good so had only very minimal rust . More leg space compared to other cars . All together a worth for the money car .

Economical and pretty reliable

by from Durham, NC on December 11, 2006

My 1997 Mirage currently has about 110,000 miles. The car gets very good gas mileage - it can get in the low 40s if it's all highway. Also, the car has a nice ride and handles pretty well. I also like the fact that it is a simple, unpretentious car. And it has been pretty reliable, for the most part. On the downside, the car runs poorly when it is cold, so it is best to let it warm up for several minutes. Getting the manual transmission to shift smoothly in cold weather is an art form (between 1st and second, pause for a few seconds in neutral, tap the gas, ease into second , hold your breath and pray for no crunches). The seat material is flimsy and has not held up well. The paint's clear coat has mostly peeled off (guess I can't complain about that one due to the car's age). Also, the car feels kind of underpowered and the engine really bogs down when you turn the a/c on. But I guess that's the trade off for the great gas mileage.

Gooood

by from Meriden on July 27, 2017

I think it was a good vehicle to start with and its pretty fast and easy to drive because is not too long

Our Expert Review: 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage