1999 Mirage

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage

$538 - $2,838  MSRP Range

4.1

Have You Driven the 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage?

gas gas gas

by terry G from dallas,tx on Sat Mar 26 2011

I bought a 1999 DE..to be traveling form dallas to houston on business and this car makes that trip easily and i have driven it for 70k miles without one occurence and i travel 3 times a week for 6months in a year..you cant beat it..for what i paid for mine!!

Very Reliable Car

by Practical Car Ethusiast from Ann Arbor, MI on Sun Feb 17 2008

In 1999 I bought my new Mirage ES, yes an ES. Apparently this model was not sold in the continental US, I bought this one in Puerto Rico. It is an intermediate model between the basic DE and the LS. It has the interiors and features of the LS and the less powerful 1.5L engine of the DE. My car is a 2 door manual transmission and I love it. When I moved, I shipped it to Jacksonville and drove it to Michigan, where we have been for the last four years. After 9 years of constant use and only tires and very basic maintenance work done it still gives 35mpg on my daily commute to work. If you are looking for a spacious and powerful car, the Mirage is not for you. This is a small, reliable and economic car. The suspension is not the best one, but for daily short trips it is ideal. I can't justify buying a new car, it has almost the same mileage as the smart car.

Like New Mirage

by Silver lover from Santa Barbara, Ca on Tue Jun 13 2006

This car may have high mileage, but it still runs and looks great. The inside is comfortable and clean. The car is still stylish. I think it's a great value for it's money.

From Maine to Florida, the most reliable

by Princess from Waterford, CT on Sat Jun 21 2008

I bought my car used and from day one I have driven it on extensive trips from Maine to Florida. I have parked it outside in extreme heat in Miami and Extreme cold in Kingston, NY. and I never had a problem starting it up. I am afraid a mechanic will mess something up. Hence, I only get oil changes and it has been great. This is a very dependable and reliable car.

$3,500

by Happy Driver from Tucson, AZ on Sun Jun 04 2006

The car has about 87,200 miles. It is solid and dependable. It is painted gray and looks good. It has automatic transmission, power steering, recently serviced air conditioning, recently serviced brakes. It has a Pioneer CD player and recently purchased speakers. Check it out! It's a nice car for not much money.

good car

by Thea from Kokomo, IN on Mon Aug 06 2007

this car is very safe and very nice. it is my first car and i would love have another one. my sister had this car for 4 years before i got it. and it is still ana mazing car. it runs great and gets great gas mileage

Little car but powerful

by Cx94lyfe from Chicago, IL on Mon Jan 29 2018

I loved this car and was sad to part with it. It was great on gas and because it was small I always found parking! It wasn't the prettiest car but it was pretty cute! The only problem that kept happening to it was the alternator. Ultimately my family grew and that is why I had to leave it behind. Still a good car and I would recommend it for single people or students. Not enough room for a kid in the back

Simply Excellent

by Mitsu Man! from Las Vegas on Fri Feb 06 2015

I purchased my Mirage De Coupe used in 2005 with 85k miles on it. Currently is is at 180k miles and runs like the day I got it. Literally the only repair I've had to do is replace the struts. With regular maintenance and oil changes, the Mitsubishi Mirage has been the most reliable and fun driving experience I've ever had. I HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone on a budget looking for something dependable.

Our Take on the 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage

The hard rain turned streets into shallow rivers. I chose the wrong car--a subcompact 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE sedan.

Small cars and heavy rains don't mix in this below-sea-level city. The water covers calamitous imperfections in roads, such as potholes that can swallow tiny wheels.

The wheels on the Mirage are tiny, 13 inches in diameter. Ka-thump! The front left wheel hit a pothole, and then the right. Whump!

I drove along Chef Menteur Highway on the city's east side in search of shelter. I wanted to check for damage, though there was nothing in the immediate post-thump-whump ride of the car to indicate an alignment problem.

I parked underneath a service-station awning. Scratched wheel covers... Read More