2002 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

2.7
Average based on 6 reviews

First Car I've owned

by from Chapel Hill, N.C. on August 22, 2006

It's sporty, yet at the same time, gets good millage, and performs well, for a car it's size. The trunk has plenty of room, and I'd reccomend it to someone without kids. Smooth ride, and tight steering wheel, just the way I like it. I give this car 4 stars.

Good cheap transpo, and reliable.

by from south bend, in on September 23, 2010

Too many bad reviews about this ride. It's cheap, loud, overpowered, economical, "cute" so I'm told, and just a Dang decent cheap little scoot. I get 35 to 40 mpg city driving. C'mon. It could be a straw on skates, that rules. It's not bad feeling, comfort wise, and I'm 6'6" 308 pounds. Decent for an itty bitty car. Big trunk, no mechanical probs, just a good car. Not a Caddy. Not a Yugo. I like mine very well.

Excellent Car

by from Atlanta Metro, GA on June 17, 2013

I bought my Mitsubishi Mirage new in 2002, and 12 years later, I have to sell it because we need a bigger car for our growing family. I have performed the regular recommended maintenance on this car, and it has been so good to me. I have never had any surprises or unexpected repairs. It is just a very well-made car that will last forever. What I like most is that the small size and stick shift allow for easy maneuvering, from parking lots to small streets to switching lanes. At highway speeds, it is very quiet and smooth. The gas mileage is amazing. Despite the small size, I have always felt safe in this car because I feel at one with the road and the stick shift keeps me alert and at one with the car. I have had to brake very suddenly on a few occasions and the car was very responsive. The exterior of the car is susceptible to dings and scratches, and the interior ribbed cloth on the inside does collect crumbs, but the design of the dash is very nice and resembles that of the of Honda Civic. I am very sad to have to say goodbye to this car at 130,000 miles and I hope the next owner will appreciate it as much as I have.

It's Junk--

by from Sacramento, CA on January 14, 2010

Bought car new in 2002--now engine light comes on,clunks when goes from park to reverse & has been in/out of shop for over a month. They believe problem is electrical or computer chip--but can't pinpoint it. Ugh--I hate this car--run away from anyone trying to sell it to you!

PIECE OF JUNK!!

by from Wisconsin on March 19, 2009

I bought this car brand new as well and it's givin me nothing but stress and problems. I agree with the other reviewer...BIG HUGE PIECE OF JUNK!!

JUNK

by from ATLANTA GA on May 9, 2007

MY MOTHER GOT HER MIRAGE BRAND NEW AND FROM THE TIME SHE GOT IT WAS NOTHING BUT TRUBLE. DONT BUY THIS HUNK OF JUNK IF YOU HAVE TO WALK.