2006 Outlander

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander?

2006 outlander with V6 very reliable car

by Buck from Philadelphia PA on Fri Nov 25 2016

Have about 90,000 miles on 2006 outlander w/V-6. Bought it new. Never had any major problems. Most routine expenses been for tires and wiper replacements. Has been safe & reliable during many snowstorm.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Laura from Lawrence, Kansas on Mon Jan 01 2018

I LOVE it! I've used it to commute to work and we've taken it to the mountains on vacation camping. And it handles perfectly in ice and snow. I have almost 167,000 miles on it and no problems. Right now the only window that will roll down is the driver side. That's a minor issue compared to what a great car it's been. I have 4 big dogs and there's plenty of room for all of us. I love this car and wouldn't trade it!!!

MECHANIC SPECIAL

by MitsubishiMan from Berwyn il on Thu Dec 07 2017

The car was very faithful to us. We replaced it with similar vehicle. I think the car is strong and is ready for more.

This car/truck was the best I loved my car

by lsparrow74 from Paterson NJ on Sun Dec 10 2017

This truck met all my needs also had a third seat very reliable. The last big storm NJ had I was pushing cars and trucks out. I loved my outlander

6 month owner

by mitsu owner from Portland, OR on Tue Apr 13 2010

I have owned this car for 6 months, purchased it used and paid a lot less. I have the limited version, and enjoy all the creature comforts. I have had no problems with the vehicle, the handling is great and the engine provides adequate acceleration. The only complaint would be the road noise, although that may be fixed with new tires. The cost of tires can be expensive if you have the 17 inch rims.

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD MT

by Duane from London, Ontario, Canada on Thu Mar 13 2008

I've had this vehicle for almost 2 years, 35,000KM's and have not had any issues. I was expecting it to be a bit better on gas than similar small SUV's - 18-20MPG is fairly disappointing. The seats are very comfortable and supportive when cornering. They are pretty good at hiding dirt and stains. The engine is sufficient for city driving - gets noisy when passing on the highway. All Wheel Drive combined with excellent brakes makes this an excellent winter vehicle (Lots of snow and ice experience here in Canada) Likes: 1. Ride height 2. Car-like handling 3. Cargo room and convenient storage spaces 4. Seamless AWD and good brakes Dislikes: 1. Noisy, underpowered engine 2. Transmission shifts aren't as smooth as my old '92 Honda Accord 3. Virtually no towing capability Maintenance Issues: NONE!!! (so far, I took the extra warranty, 10 year bumper-to-bumper)

Great little SUV

by Dave from Alabama on Tue May 24 2016

I bought my 2006 Outlander SE new in July 2006. I nove have almost 171,000 miles on it. I have replaced and accelerator sensor and the serpentine belt is the total repairs I have had to do on the car. It is peppy, and handles well on the highway. I drove it 100+ miles a day commuting for about 7 years. I really like the car, and don't plan on getting rid of it.

Awesome mini SUV, GREAT on gas!!!

by Outlander advocate :) from San Antonio, TX on Sun Jun 08 2008

I love my Outlander. It gives me the space I want and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fill up on gas. I would definitely reccomend someone to get this car. I wouldn't even think about trading it in.

Good modest Sport UT

by motorsphere from Rochester, NY on Fri Nov 23 2012

This is used so I cannot say how its been for the first 5-6 years myself. But I like that vehicle is not too over-sized. I had a Santa FE years ago and that seems to have low quality plastics and paints. Plus for suburban driving having a slightly knobbier tire and flared front killed the mileage more than what I am experiencing with Mitsubishi. The Outlander is smaller in the drivers foot area and seat but the only thing I don't like is the petals are made sort close together for a size 13 person. Gets decent MPG but not killer. I like that a have a relatively small turning radius and its decently maneuverable for a SUV.

Great Crossover

by Gooch from Western PA on Fri Jun 29 2007

I had bought a 2006 Mits Outlander AWD in Feb 2007 with 13000 miles. I had done some research prior to the purchase. I heard good and bad. I had a 199 Ford Explorer prior and wanted to down size to something smaller and better gas mileage. The Bad first. Engine wine is there, and the ride is a bit harsh. Gas Mileage was to be 22/28 I get 18 around town (a lot of hills in Western PA) and haven't hit the highway yet. had to remove the middle head rest to see out the back. Ran into my son's car as I didn't see it. *Good Stuff, I really enjoy driving the Outlander, The handlig is great. It's a blast to drive. I like the versitility of it. AWD has gotten me though some nasty snow storms without much effort. The 10 year 100,000 warranty can't be beat by anyone. I dumped 3 K in my explorer in a year and a half. It was the best choice I made and would buy another one in a minute. My wife really likes it as it is small and easy to park. I have a 6'1" son who has no problem with room in the front or back. Don't pass up an Outlander, it is one of the best crossovers for the price.

1 2