2008 Outlander

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

Have You Driven the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander?

There is no car I would rather own!

by skiinglizard from Washington DC on Sun Feb 06 2011

I am a car enthusiast and am usually planning my next dream vehicle purchase before the new car smell has worn off my current car. The Outlander has changed all that! I leased this vehicle on a four year lease and have owned the car for a little more than 3 years. This car has been an absolute dream. I own the AWD XLS with every option except the in-dash navigation. I love that this car has unique features not offered by any of it's peers. The fold-down rear hatch is fantastic for loading groceries or bikes and outdoor equipment into the back, the 650 watt Rockford Fosgate sound system rivals many after-market options I've put in previous cars. There are a multitude of storage and drink holders and the car overall is very comfortable. I currently have 40,000 miles and have had no maintenance issues. When a non-Mitsubishi dealership cross-threaded my oil filter leading to low-oil, I called Mitsubishi who promptly towed my vehicle 200+ miles to the nearest dealership in Montana. They changed the oil (again) and I never saw a bill. Mitsubishi's warranty really is amazing! I now live in Washington DC after towing a 3500lb Uhaul across the country with no complaints from my over-loaded Outlander and love driving this car on the beltway or bumpy DC roads. It's transmission shifts are smooth and accelerates off the line is as good or better than even the more powerful RAV4, for thousands less, with more features. I really cannot recommend this vehicle highly enough. My only complaint, and this is minor, is that the faux stainless steel interior accents chip easily and some of the door and dash trims are hard plastic where high quality materials might have been used. Buy this vehicle if you want value for your money and a fast, fun car for everything from mountain driving to cross-country roadtrips, to city commuting. I LOVE this car and I won't be trading it in for a new lease, it's a keeper!

Great Car

by Car Crazy from vermont on Thu Apr 15 2010

I have owned my 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS for about 2 years now. I drive about 20,000 miles a year in all types of conditions. The 4WD systems works great, its comfortable, and has a TON of Gadgets for what MSRP is booked for. I have never had a problem with anything. If there was a problem it wouldn't be a problem with the super warranty that you get. The shiftronic transmission is a favorite especially the paddle shifters. It tows anything up to 3500 pounds, you can fit up to 7 people if you option it that way. It just has so many good surprises, so if you are in the market for a great midside crossover be sure to check this out you will love it.

sweet vehicle

by happy customer from long Island, NY on Wed Oct 29 2008

I checked out all the other vehicles including the honda, toyota, hundai etc. None of them can beat the overall package that the outlander has . It has looks, power,handling,comfort, fuel economy, function, and the price is low for what youre getting. The 650 watt sound system rocks ! Buy this vehicle ,you won't reget it.

Dependable reliable easy to own

by Lynn from Brooklyn MD on Sun Jun 22 2014

Bought it in 2008 slightly used from dealer. Very dependable and well built. Did city driving on terrible roads for 5 years and had minor front end damage from that. Otherwise the engine is strong, quality built parts. My use on the interior is minimal because its only me using it. A couple rust spots where car was scratched but not eating away at car. I have 104k on it currently and know that i will get in my car and it will start and not breakdown. The CVT transmission performs well and smooth. Gas mileage is poor (only from the high cost of gas). Overall one of the best cars I've owned!

"Best Car I've ever had!"

by Winchester from McAlester, OK on Tue Mar 18 2008

Well this is the first actual NeW car I've ever bought but i have to say that i love absolutely everything about this small suv. The gas mileage is great whether it's around town or on the highway. Its very comfortable with me, my children, or my friends. You can fit up to 7 people in it and that is excellent! I have several dogs also and i got the cloth interior so far i have found nothing that can stain it! You must try this car. Just one test drive and you'll love it, I did!

Best Vehicle I've ever Owned

by DEK from Dover, PA on Thu Aug 30 2012

I've owned my 2008 Outlander LS since new, and just passed 60,000 miles. It has been by far the most reliable, trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned. Since new, I have only changed the oil regularly, and replaced the OEM tires at 36K miles. I estimate that I'll get around 80K on the brakes, I'm still running on the original pads & rotors. I have the 3.0 V-6, which gets around 26mpg on the highway, around 20 in town. It handles well, and the engine has plenty of power. The interior has good flexibility, and I really like the flip-down bumper/tailgate - really handy at the golf course or the store. My only negative is the plasticky, cheap dashboard and door panels, and the cloth upholstery, which is difficult to keep clean. But those are tolerable based on my overall experience. This vehicle doesn't get the press that a RAV4 or CRV gets, but it's a great, and probably lower-priced, alternative. It's a shame Mitsubishi can't get this kind of quality in their car lineup, they would be a serious contender if they did.

Trustworthy all purpose vehicle

by grapepony from NJ on Thu Feb 13 2014

I have owned the vehicle for 4 years got it used at ll beans PA. Excellent vehicle ,good on gas ,have not had not one problem with the vehicle. Lots of room in the rear i added a third row seat for kids . The cars transmision can be automatic or for a quick boost you can put it on manuel and change gears.excellent in the snow .lots of warning devices. I had a nissan murano which i sold not roomy had problems with it.

Looks GREAT and drives even better!

by Satisfied Outie owner from Essex Junction, VT on Fri Jul 04 2008

I have owned this car for about a month and have no complaints. It has a smooth powertrain and great power. It drives alot like a car and is quite sporty. The dealership has been great in all aspects. I have the XLS V-6 model with the sun and sound package as well as the luxury. Everything in the car is very well laid out and easy to use. It is a great car for safety and reliability on all trims and would highly recommend the Outlander to anyone looking for a great suv.

best vehicle for money, features, and reliability

by fawzi from virginia on Mon Sep 01 2008

I?ve owned the vehicle for 8 months now and it?s been amazing. I put around 14K on it with no problems what so ever. The vehicle is comfortable, handles well and turns back with good gas mileage. The only thing that I don?t really like is the quality of materials they use, but other than that the vehicle is amazing. Before buying it, I looked at the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV-4; but when it came down to money, options, and warranty Mitsubishi was the best in its class.

Stands out amidst all the soccer mom SUVs

by skiinglizard from Denver,Colorado on Wed Mar 19 2008

I previously owned a Land Rover Freelander and was looking for another crossover SUV which wasn't just like every other CRV and RAV4 on the road. The outlander was an EXCELLENT choice. It is more fun to drive than either the Toyota or Honda, has many more features for the same price ($29K), excellent fuel economy, great fit and finish and one of the best warranties available today. I highly recommend the Outlander for anyone in the market for a crossover SUV.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

The 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander is sharp-looking from the outside, and it was packed with fun features on the inside. The Outlander had many fun and funky features such as stowable third-row seats, keyless ignition and Sportronic paddle shifters, which convinced me it was designed for a younger crowd. You know, the same people who are on the verge of beginning their married and familial lives but are clutching to their coolness for all it's worth. Ahhh, I remember those days. I think the Outlander would work for them, but it wasn't a good fit for my family, especially my kids.

The Outlander I test drove had a V-6 engine, and it was fun to drive when paired with the paddle shifters. It should be noted... Read More