Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Outlander

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander

4.1

Have You Driven the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander?

2012 Outlander SE

by BAW from Spartanburg, SC on Mon Jan 23 2012

Bought a 2012 Outlander SE a short time ago, and I have to say I love this car. Mileage is as advertised, I get 24-25 in the city, and 28-30 on the highway. I personally really like the exterior styling, the biggest knock on it in the reviews I read was the front end, you either love it or hate it, but I like how it looks. One of the nice things about these are that you dont see them all over the road like you do other cars in the same class. The seats on the inside are very comfortable, and you can adjust the backseats forward or backward to accomodate the passengers in the back. The third row seat is very small, but works well for smaller children to get around town. The gauges are set up nicely, and are easy to read and customize to how you want to set them. The stereo is OUTSTANDING...Rockford Fosgate, 9 speakers, and the sound is fantastic, with the 9" subwoofer in the very back. The back tailgate drops down to make loading and unloading much easier then my previous vehicle, which is a big plus. This crossover handles extremely well, drives like a car. I was hesitant to purchase a Mitsubishi, but make sure to check out the warranties offered, as they match or exceed the Hyundai and Kia warranties. If you are looking at this type of vehicle (smaller crossover) do yourself the favor of at least test driving one of these, they are very nice and very, very under rated. The dealer maintenance program and cost associated with upkeep on this car are also something to check out as well. My spouse has a different brand car and bought it last June, and the Misubishi cost in this area is a little more then half of what she has to pay. This vehicle is VERY well worth the money.

Loved by driver and passengers

by Caribgenius from US on Mon Feb 20 2012

Bought a 2011 Outlander last April. Its such an awesome SUV. It's almost perfect. It's a crossover with compact exterior dimensions with large car/larger midsize SUV interior dimensions. The fuel is amazing for an SUV. I get about 21 MPG average with the 4WD on and about 23 with 2WD on... and I have a heavy foot! It has a fun to drive nature and better handling than many cars. It's very much connected to the ground. The only thing is that sometimes the sporty ride makes you feel bumps that you may not want to feel, but the ride is actually very comfy overall. The paddle shifters work very well and really help to propel this SUV. The style is really sporty and elegant at the same time. It looks like a vehicle in a higher class than its own. Outlander really has excellent value in a visually outstanding package. I get a lot of complements on this SUV. People usually thinks its much more expensive than it is. I have the 4WD SE version with naviagtion, sunroof, leather dash and door panels, rockford fosgate w/ 750watt subwoofer, cargo cover, bluetooth, DVD player, third row seat, and much more.... all for $29000. Where else can you get that?

SUV That Handles Like a Car...

by New Owner from Canada on Mon Nov 12 2012

I have owned my 2011 Outlander 4WD 6cyc for year and a half and I must say that I have been impressed with this SUV so far. The main item is the handling and performance compared to other SUV?s I have driven. When I am driving the Outlander, it feels like driving a car?instead of floating box on wheels as compared to other SUV?s. Overall here are some pros and cons that will be helpful: PRO -Handles great (both dry and winter in AWD) -Better than expected gas mileage -Can fit a baby stroller and a load from Costco -Can fit two baby seats, however, my wife had move her seat up a bit when one is rear facing -Nothing has broken in the first year?unlike my previous two cars from GM -Full Bluetooth integration works great CONS -hidden 3rd row seat for my life purposes is useless, I would rather see this as hidden storage -Interior could use a few more updates and compartments UNDERRATED FEATURES -Folding down tailgate. I have to admit, I initially thought this was a useless feature by now I have used this several times from carrying items, to lifting stuff in the back to changing my little guy. -Hidden anchor hooks in the back floor for bungee cords -The little things?once you own one and you see things like the left foot rest, moving rear console, hidden rear windshield wiper fluid dispenser (a must for winter folk), etc.

Outstanding vehicle

by Travis from Des Moines, IA on Tue Feb 24 2015

I purchased the car at the end of 2013 new and it was a left over 2012, happened to be the exact color and options I wanted, White GT loaded with everything. The car has an amazing super all wheel control system that handles like a dream in the snow. The car has been completely trouble free. I have put 47k mile on it in 2 years and its never let me down. The stereo system is outrageous and a BLAST! What a great driving experience my friends always compliment on how much they like it when they ride in it. I definitely made the right decision buying this car and would do it all over again if given the option.

Reliable Efficient SUV

by FirstSUVOwner from Orillia, ON Canada on Wed Mar 26 2014

We purchased a used 2012 with about 30,000km and have since put another 45,000km on the vehicle. Other than dealer tires wearing out prematurely, no real complaints. The dial 4 wheel drive is great in the snow and other amenities like heated seats are a nice touch. Would definitely consider another Outlander as our next vehicle.

A very reliable car

by itomikone from Columbus, OH on Sun Jun 04 2017

This vehicle has excellent road handling ablility and comfort. This is my second Outlander that I've purchased, so that should say a lot.

Love my Outlander

by Jupesmom from Pa on Mon Oct 02 2017

I have a 2012 Outlander and LOVE it. I have had to move cross country and all over the states several times and am impressed with how much I can fit in my SUV. I love that the seats fold down for extra storage. I added a hitch to the back so I could pull a small trailer, it can also pull a boat. It's a strong, durable, reliable, comfortable car that gets the job done.

Excellent for a small family.Very good on gas andr

by Erik Mitsubishi from weyburn on Wed Aug 15 2018

You got eberything you need on this vehicle.Experience all kinds of weather and road conditions for 5 years.Definitely recommend.Has a good power and the 2wd and 4 wd option were amazing.Surely gonna miss this great vehicle.

Transmission just went. $7500 fix!

by John316 from Fishkill, NY on Mon Jul 10 2017

I have to say I have had the 2012 Outlander SE since 2012 and overall very happy. I do a lot of mileage and have 157k on it. Out of no where service engine light comes on and won't go into gear. Bring to three mechanics and all say same transmission. $7500-9000 repair. Not worth fixing for value of car. Had other brands and at least symptoms occur before a light. I am scrambling to find another car asap.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Value ...

by practical car geek from Denver Colorad on Mon Dec 17 2012

all crossovers in the category have similar lines, so styling NOT a factor - interior is a mix of soft touch with french stitching and hard surfaces and at least as nice as its' competition - Outlander was $2500 - $5000 less than the competition with a significantly better warranty - 100k drivetrain and 6 year bumper to bumper - - competition is Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, CX5 Mazda, Nissan Rogue - mileage is good with 23 - 26 mpg overall - is FWD/AWD or locking AWD - has all options I desired: cloth heated seats, moonroof, outrageous 710 watt stereo, fog lamps, sliding arm rest/console, roof rack, folding seats, steering wheel mounted controls, 18" alloy wheels, tinted glass, lots of cup holders, paddle shifters...it's our 5th Mitsubishi and I highly recommend these cars....I've had problems with Toyotas and Hondas in the past...usually right after warranty runs out...no previous problems with Mitsubishi....nice car and excellent value - actually made in Japan....

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2

Our Take on the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander

After spending a couple of weeks test-driving the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander, I've decided it's a great car for dads. Compared to many moms, dads tend to keep their parenting style as simple as possible. My husband is known to skimp on the kids' snacks and supplies, while my pockets, purse and center console are loaded with diapers, wipes, outfits and snacks. It's much the same for the Outlander.

The 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander keeps it simple — maybe too simple — in its interior with low-key technology and not enough storage space, but its sporty exterior and agility on the road make it a fun car to have around.

The Outlander comes with two rows of seats standard. My test car, an Outlander... Read More