2016 Outlander

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2nd Outlander I've owned...

by LA6930 from Illinois on December 1, 2016

Owned a 2012 SE and decided to upgrade last month to a brand new 2016 GT. I liked the 2012, but LOVE the GT. In almost 40,000 miles ,all that was needed on the SE was a routine oil change and tire rotation.....great on gas and so dependable! My new GT has all the bells and whistles and with all the improvements made in 2016, feels like a totally different SUV...Thanks Mitsubishi for making such a dependable vehicle!!

Most reliable brand I have owned

by ARIVERA from Reisterstown MD on May 9, 2017

The outland is very capable and versatile. Quite cabin and confidence with the all wheel drive. I have the SEL model and is very equip for the money. The third row is thight space but my kids are 6 and 8 year's old so the fit very well if we have to used it. But with third row down we have a lot trunk space.

2016 Outlander GT

by Professional - Musician from Oakdale, MN. on February 4, 2017

I bought my GT in September of 2015 and love it!. While the V6 is a bit sluggish off the line, it has the power I need for towing and hauling loads with the MPG's averaging around 22 around the city. I love the functionality of the vehicle. I have 24K miles on it now and still have no regrets. I also have used both premium gas and regular unleaded and see no difference in performance or MPG's! So don't pay attention to the 'experts' who have written Mitsubishi off. They are still producing great dependable cars for a value price!. I'd buy it again if I had to. Only wished they had the Blind Spot mirrors in 2016 like they do now on the 2017's!

Very satisfied

by Ricardo from Montreal on March 18, 2017

Excellent confort, well equiped, kept the off-road design that some competitors lost, good visibility, suspension can be improved, traction is excellent (I drive it over the snow and ice here in Canada)

Mitsubishi is #1

by Gr8tMitsubishi from Claremore, Ok on June 14, 2017

This is the second Mitsubishi I've owned. It's reliable, stylish and gets great gas mileage. The mitsubishi roadside assistance ap is awesome for people who drive out of town.

King Car :)

by PIT from Chicago, IL on December 2, 2016

Great Family SUV.Mitsubishi has a best in class warranty. A practical 7 seater with excellent mileage , averaging about 28 mpg :) need a 8,2 second 0-60.All Wheel Control works very good. Remote start and leather heated seats for this price is unbelievable.It is a very good car. happy repeat buyer after 6 monts. The car is made in Japan :)

Most reliable and efficient SUV

by Addy from Chicago IL on April 24, 2018

This car is an amazing vehicle. My family has owned Mitsubishi cars since I was a kid back in India where roads are sloppy and tough on cars. So I decided to buy the 2016 SE 4 WD and didn’t regret it. I am currently doing rideshare in this car and I put 60000 miles in 14 months and didn’t had any single problem with this car “ not even brakes” just regular oil change and tyre rotation. So you can see the reliability standards of this car. And fuel economy is 29 in city and highway could be between 31 to 34 , since mine is a four cylinder which contributes to great efficiency. Most people underestimated the car torque power, but I would say “ choose right mode “. If you need power test car on its lock mode which is 4wd and don’t use Eco mode. Putting the car on lock mode and sports mode together gives great torque and control over the car. Cons : 3rd row seating is not roomy. But you can have decent space by adjusting middle row seats to give room for last row. Pros : Best 4WD SYSTEM, Amazing audio, Quiet Cabin, Superior control in all weather conditions. You won’t be disappointed buying this car if you looking for a reliable and efficient SUV.

Meets all of my needs and expectations

by Chris P from Utica, IL on December 24, 2017

I purchased the 2016 Outlander GT as a family vehicle due to the many safety features and more spacious interior than my previous vehicle. This was a certified vehicle which means the full 10 year 100k mile warranty was transferable to me and that was a huge plus in my book. This means to me that Mitsubishi stands behind their product. The safety features of this SUV blew my mind. It has a built-in camera in front of the rear view mirror which acts as a sensor for traffic in front of you as well as staying in between the lines while driving. It has multiple AWD settings for regular driving, rain, snow, and off roading which is nice for IL where the weather changes daily. It is smooth driving for an SUV and is also very quiet inside as far also road noise etc. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

A fun and roomy ride

by Jenbert from Seattle, WA on September 13, 2017

I have had this vehicle for 1.5 years and I love it. It drives really smoothly, has room for my very tall family members and looks great. My only complaint is that the plastic interior pieces, like the end caps on the seat tracks and the storage compartment covers all pop off very easily and often unintentionally.

the 2016 Outlander is worth a look

by Never a fan from Dallas, TX on September 25, 2015

I've owned my 2016 Outlander SEL for just over a month and have over 2,500 miles on it. Here is what I've observed so far: It's comfortable, the drivers seat has ample support and the only thing missing is a lumbar support adjustment and cooling. It's quiet, it's probably not the most quiet in its class, but it's quiet enough. It's roomy, the 3rd row isn't going to be used by many adults, but in a pinch it does the job and for kids, its great. The interior is mid level, it's nicer then the past Outlanders, but still lags behind other manufacturers. That said, it's functional, doesn't seem like it will develop squeaks and rattles over the years and is pleasant enough. The available tech is top notch. The best part is Mitsubishi has separated the safety tech from the audio/sunroof/lift gate options. So if you don't need a sunroof or high end audio, you can still get adaptive cruise control, backup camera, blue tooth and lane departure. So many car companies bundle all of these together and there are a lot of people who don't want to spend money on sunroofs and sound systems in order to get the safety tech. And the tech they offer is of good quality. I've had two cars with adaptive cruise control, and the Mitsubishi's is hands down the better system. (Hyundai was the other) The sound system is also top notch. I have the full upgraded system which includes navigation/blue tooth/satellite radio. Once you set the settings to your liking for audio, the system sounds great. The navigation is good, but I still sometimes use my WAZE gps on my phone. The blue tooth works great, easy to set up and quick to respond. I saw the 2015 review for their sound system and if it was true, they have improved this a thousand fold. Can't find a sound system in its class that is even close. The engine in my SEL is the 4 cylinder. It's not going to burn the tires off the line, but that's not what this car is all about. The 4 gives me an average of 27/28 mpg which I find for this size car very good. As stated, it's not quick, but it does get up and move when needed, it has a sport mode that helps. I'm not a fan of CVT transmissions, and this car isn't changing my mind, but it's better then some I've driven before. I also like that you can get all wheel drive on most models. Overall, the Outlander isn't the top of it's class, but it isn't the bottom either. It does everything well, but not outstanding, except for audio and for the price and features, it's hard to beat. The 2016 Outlander wasn't even on my list of SUV's to test drive, but I'm glad I took the time to take a look. I was surprised by what I discovered.

1 2 3 4 5 6