2018 Outlander

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander

Have You Driven the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander?

Roomy with great gas mileage.

by Ash4outlander from Fayetteville, N.C., on Thu Feb 22 2018

I recently purchased this vehicle thinking that I may only get around 23 mpg. So far in the city on eco setting I have gotten around 27 in the city and 34 - 36 miles in the country. I owned a full size 4x4 Ford Lariat and I hated the mpg on it sometimes it was only around 11. The Outlander with all the seats down I can easily store and haul quite a few items in it, even with the front row seats upright. Needless to say this vehicle is more than I could have hoped for.

Great 1st time Mitsubishi purchase

by motiff518 from KISSIMMEE on Thu Apr 26 2018

After renting this crossover we knew we wanted to own one. The vehicle has all the comforts of an SUV, but the gas mileage of a standard car. The third row seating comes in handy as a team mom and traveler. The only thing I could say needs improvement is the way the doors close. My child has to re close it sometimes as they are light but need some umph to get it close all the way. Also when you are accelerating, say on a Highway it takes a bit of time to get up to desired speed. Once you are rolling it is no biggie to increase speed as needed.

The experts panned it but regular drivers love it.

by Janet from Albuquerque, nm on Sat May 11 2019

I was looking for a suv with a large back space for hauling things. I went to the “expert” reviews on the outlander and they had little good to say about it. Then i found ordinary drivers’ reviews and they loved it so i bought one that was 1 year old with 13,000 miles. So this is what i got: a virtually new car still with 4 years bumper to bumper warrantee, everything in good condition for $17000. It is a base model, but base models today are the same as top of the line models 5 years ago. I can live with that. The thing i was worried about was the performance. “Experts” said it was not impressive. Well i just put the thing in sport mode and i have no complaints. It’s good looking, comfortable, spacious - the two rear rows of seats fold down FLAT giving oodles of room, fast enough, and the gas mileage is astonishing for a vehicle of this size. I get about 32 MPG on the highway. I don’t know what the “experts” had in mind when they reviewed this car but, from a practical point of view, they were WAYYYYY off. In my long life i’ve had almost every car under the sun. This one is great in its own way. Buy it. You’ll like it.

18 Outlander. Great SUV for the price!

by ten50boy from Central Florida on Sun Apr 22 2018

Overall it's a great deal. The SUV is well optioned, as we bought an SE with the upgraded wheels, moonroof, upgraded stereo, camera, heated seats and push button start. It could use at least another 25-30 up and about equal torque, although it still does well as-is. Don't expect to haul anything like a boat with the little 4. The handling is decent, but a little loose. Its an SUV, so I'm not going to any slalom events. Overall, there's ample space for groceries, sports gear and light hauling. It is well appointed for the money paid, which was the lowest in its class. My wife and I are thrilled with our purchase. A fantastic deal.

Excellent Car Beware of "prof reviews" -

by Mac Jt from Flower Mound, TX on Thu Oct 11 2018

This car is truly a diamond in the rough, if i just read the paid professional reviews I would have never test drivenit. But I did and I decided to buy it. I dont regret it for one minute, the car is just perfect for me. I get 27.5 miles to the gallon in the city. The car drives well, it's smooth and the electronics are very intuitive and well built. The warranty cannot be compared, 5yrs / 100k miles covered is just superb. The sales process was smooth, they automatically just sold me the car 4k under invoice for the highest trim. I typically dont like to be another car on the road, Mitsubishis are still a rarity on the road so it stands out. This car is 100% made and assembled in Japan so workmanship is awesome.

Best snow car I have ever owned.

by Briley from Benton City, WA on Wed Feb 27 2019

I am a 72 year old skier and outdoors man. I have driven thousands upon thousand of miles in snow and hazardous road conditions in my lifetime and my Outlander SE has been phenomenal, easily outdoing my Jeeps and other cars and trucks for road travel, rain or shine or snow. The only downside has been the lack of ground clearance. I can't say enough about the Super All Wheel Drive system; it is a pleasure to put the car in awkward situations and simply let it drive out of it - it makes me giggle everytime. I have never had to take it out of the eco-awc position, yet, to get the job done - it may seem counterintuitive but the throttle is your friend to get out of challenging situations. Also, I average just under 30mpg in mixed driving so am really pleased with that, but then I am old and drive like it...except when the roads turn snowy. I love driving snow roads. I really like the upright (my adjustment) seating position and truck-like feel looking out the windshield. Other things: seats could be a little wider and more comfy; ride is a little rough but then (unlike my Suburban) it is a light weight SUV; console gets in the way of buckling front seat belts and is pretty much useless; there is a lack of cubby holes with the demise of ash trays; it could use more power but it is adequate under 80 mph; the handling was a little quirky with the 18 inch wheel/tire combination so I went -2 with 16 inch wheel/tire combo which to me is much more comfortable and not so darty (also quieter); the suspension bits feels pretty flimsy to this old racer which I can tolerate but don't like; the interior materials are nice and seem to be wearing just fine...so far; getting in and out of the Outlander is easy, which my bad back appreciates.

The Mitsubishi experience.

by Tutosanta from West Palm Beach on Tue Mar 05 2019

Recently purchased this vehicle after spending quite a few hours between dealerships. Prices for something similar (3d row of seats, back up camera power windows/seats etc) are just off the roof, not only for me but I assume for a lot of people. Sure, if I had a lot of money I probably wouldn't be writing this review or comparing this to any other vehicle... my point is, Mitsubishi outlander offers great price, great features, nice bumper to bumper guaranty, gorgeous design (in my opinion), and a few other treats. After reading all the reviews all the experts had written about this SUV, you should go to the dealer and have your own opinion, not the one of the people that write reviews for a living.

Fun and reliable

by Pam from Florida on Sat Mar 17 2018

Very pleased with this vehicle. Very stylish, yet economical. Only regret is not having splurged on a few more of the bells and whistles. Highly recommend this vehicle...easy and comfortable to drive!

Had it 1 month

by Momscar from Philadelphia, Pa on Tue Jul 31 2018

I like the car so far. I think it should have been a little larger(between a Montero and Outlander) I have the ES it has nice features like the backup camera and multiple USB ports but I would have liked it to have power seats and trunk release on standard vehicles(would have been really nice features.) I like that it came with a first aid kit. Overall the car rides nicely but when you have the eco drive activated the pickup is slow. Which where I’m from isn’t good for merging into traffic onto the highway. The third row is tight so no one with long legs can sit back there comfortably. I do like that the 2nd row slides back and forth.

Best car I've owned.

by Carmen Ll from Dallas, Tx on Mon Aug 06 2018

This car meets my needs. The 7 seats are comfortable and I can take my granddaughters with me on trips. The A/C is the best for the Texas State 110 degrees temperature.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander

The verdict:

The Outlander is an affordable way to carry seven people, but it lacks the refinement and features of other family haulers.

Versus the competition:

Though the Outlander wins on price, it doesn’t win on much else — there are simply several better vehicles in its class.

It seems like the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander would be right up my alley. I love a deal. When I go grocery shopping, if it’s not on sale, I don’t buy it even if I know I like it; the shirt I’m wearing as I write this is the result of stackable online coupons; my cell phone is on a family plan; I would rather walk five blocks (long ones) than pay for parking. Point is, I’m a man who loves saving money. And the Outlander is nearly the cheapest way you can get three rows of seats and space for seven people, with the exception of the Dodge Journey.

But after a week with the 2018 Outlander, I found my whole worldview changing. There are times when it doesn’t pay to skimp —... Read More