2008 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan 350 Z
Average based on 17 reviews

Love this car so much I'm on my 2nd one

by from Boston, MA on December 11, 2009

If you're looking for a sporty ride that handles like a dream, the Z is for you. This car takes corners like a champ, by design, so you'll find yourself looking for winding roads to zoom around. The cockpit hugs you and holds you in your seat, making you feel in control, safe and comfortable. The design is slick yet simple. I find the gauges mounted up on the dash a major plus because you will need to keep an eye on your speed because it's easy to get carried away in this car. Like other sports cars, be prepared to burn through the stock tires in no time. With only 4000 miles on my '08 mine are already toast. That's with "spirited" driving, of course. Pick up is definitely not an issue with this car and you'll easily pass that Sunday driver blocking your way or be able to launch yourself onto the highway in seconds. Many have commented that it's merely a "toy" because it's a two-seater and lacks storage space. Lets face it, no one buys this car with the intentions of taking the family on vacation. This is a fun ride that only true sports car lovers can appreciate. The Xenon headlights are a fantastic feature. When you're driving with someone who doesn't have them you'll appreciate them even more. Style. This car is oozing with it. It stays modern and cool while still giving a nod to the style and shape of the Z's from years ago. I can't tell you how many times people comment on my car and it never gets old! I bought the '03 when the Z made it's come back and loved this car so much I got myself an '08. I've owned many cars over the years and the Z is my favorite, no question. Words can't describe how much I love this car. All in all, test drive this car and you'll find yourself tuned to Channel Z!

The best car I've ever owned and driven

by from Mesa, Arizona on June 7, 2008

The only things missing in the vehicle is an ash-tray, a front dash glove box and arm-rests for those long trips. I drove this 2006 Z until a week ago - It was new when I purchased it. On top of all the accolades for this Z I would add that the safety of this car cannot be over stressed. The Z was totaled, the entire drivers side wrecked and suspension ruined but the interior was not disturbed at all. If not for the side curtain and side air-bag I would have been hurt badly or even died. I would also like to add that dealing with Nissan was a pleasure in every way from the purchase date to totaled date. I plan to get another just like it.

Great weekend car

by from East Texas on August 26, 2010

I purchased this car primarily for a weekend "fun car". The 350Z is a blast to drive and delivered everything expected. I would not recommend this car for an everyday driver due to the limited storage and overall practicality. Example: my golf clubs will not fit without removing some of the clubs from the bag prior to putting them into the car. When driving in larger cities you can zip through traffic with ease because of the superior handling and quick acceleration of the vehicle. The interior surprisingly has enough room for one of my buddy's that stands 6'3" and weighs 235lbs. Because you’re sitting about 10" off of the ground you feel every bump in the road along with excessive road noise... but it’s worth it, the comfort you give up quickly fades in your memory because the overall driving experience can be such an adrenalin rush. If the road noise is too much you can always turn up the premium Bose stereo that has a deep rich sound and works flawlessly along with the six disc CD changer. The seats are heated, very comfortable and hug your body nicely. There are two 12v adapters for your electronics, one is located underneath the dash on the passenger side and the other is in a convenient location in-between the two seats. The drink cup holders could be better, they will hold a bottle of water or a 12 oz. can drink but anything else you can forget it. The driver’s side door panel scratches easily where you grab to close the door and always looks dirty (my interior is the light cream color). The overall exterior lines of the car are very clean, elegant and sporty at the same time. If you are looking for something fun to kick around town in look no further, but be aware, this car makes you feel like a kid again and kids love to race! I'm not sure of the top speed, however, I do know that it is somewhere over 150 mph (that's where I shut it down) as evidenced by me attempting to keep up with a Corvette Z06. I now look forward to my weekends just a little bit more thanks to my 350Z. Enjoy the ride!

2008 Nissan 350Z Nizmo

by from Seabrook, TX on November 29, 2010

Bought this car used in 2010 with only 2,000 miles and the car is so much fun to drive. It is definately a head turner and the performace is exactly what you would expect from a 350Z. If I had any complaints about the car it would be the interior design. It isn't functional for anything other than driving. Not even a good cup holder unless you count holding a drink between your legs which really isn't a option either with the awesome 6 speed. Overall I would give it a 4.9

Love this car

by from on April 3, 2011

Greatest car ever! Looks good, drives even better! Fun on curvy country roads. I would recommend this car to everyone who loves to drive.

Fantastic car for the money.

by from Charlotte, NC on February 5, 2008

I have only owned car for about a month but what a month it has been. I have previously owned many BMW 3 series and one BMW 5 series. This car easily equals the 3 series of the 80's and 90's in road feel and fun to drive factor that have been declining with each new 3 series generation. Interior features could be better, however the engine and exhaust note make up for it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. It makes me feel like I did when I drove my first car. I can't find any real fault. I can assure you that if you are looking for a fun to drive car, you will not be disappointed with the 350z.

SO SMOOTH AND SO FUN

by from on August 24, 2011

I have been wanting a 350Z for years, and finally I bought one! And it is everything I wanted it to be. Smooth and fast and sharp! It was worth the wait, and it will be mine for years to come!

Hang On

by from Indianapolis, IN on April 19, 2012

I purchased the 350Z May08 brand new. This is absolutely one of the best built cars I have ever owned. After 4 years the car is as tight as it was when it was new. All panels line up exact. The fit is excellent. The power is a perfectly matched to the chassis, the car looks fast , the car is fast. The 3.5 is always asking for more accelerator and when you call on it, it is there even at 125mph. The way this car drives and handles you would think you were driving a high end sports car. Has only been in the shop for normal maintenance. For the money this is a best value. There is not another sports car in the world than can come close to the Z for the price. What wonderful surprise!! Nissan has always gotten the Z right.

Exciting Ride

by from Shelby, NC on February 5, 2013

I love my 350Z, I was hesitent because of the size and wanted something inbetween luxury and sports car but didn't want to break the bank. This car does that, not the most comfortable, but doesn't matter because you can't wipe the smile off your face long enough to worry about it. It's a sports car man, and does deliver.

Fun to drive

by from Knightdale, NC on February 27, 2012

This sports car has the wow factor it’s fun to drive and very sexy. If you like performance this is the car for you. Space is very tight.