Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 370Z

2009 Nissan 370Z

2009 Nissan 370Z

Have You Driven the 2009 Nissan 370Z?

370Z first impression

by My first real sports car from W. Pennsylvania on Fri Jul 10 2009

I gave up my Mustang GT for this little gem (Silver touring with nav and 6 speed)and don't regret it. It handles like no other car I have ever driven and even the ride is better than expected. The power rush is unbelievable for 3.7 liters and just about ever one gives it a double take, little wonder, it's probably the only one in town. I am unfamiliar with the overall reliability of this particular machine which appears to be very technical and closely packaged. My only gripe at this point is why the 16 bolt plastic pan covering the entire engine bottom including the oil drain plug and filter??? Why 16 bolts for a plastic cover, it costs an extra $10.00 for an oil change due to the labor required for removal and reinstallation!!!

I have drove them all...this is the one!!!!!

by Tank in VA from Norfolk, VA on Sun Oct 09 2011

There is no better value for the money. I use my 2009 370Z as a daily driver and it never disappoints. Power, handling, safety, sexy...etc. Bottom line, "If you don't enjoy your job, enjoy the drive getting there!"

370Z - Got Yours Yet?

by ACID370Z from New York, NY on Tue Sep 27 2011

If you want an affordable performance machine then the 370Z is it. I fell in love with the 350Z when they came out and when I was ready to purchase Nissan dropped the 370z into the equation. I loved the changes so much it convinced me to buy one. The Exterior, SEXY! interior is now what it should've been, and an extra 26HP from the 07-08 Z's why not! I bought the canarie yellow sports package and touring edition and what a head turner it is. Every where I go people just compliment me. I tell them that the bank owns it and they reply: "But You're Driveing It". Do yourself a favor and buy the car that will put a smile on your face. Enjoy, AHZO A Happy Z Owner!

Best bang for your Buck

by Rich S. from Florida on Sat Feb 01 2014

I love this car. It is very fast and everyone says it's a beautiful car. For the price, I think it is worth every bit when you factor in the performance to price ratio. I believe the 0-60mph is 4.7 seconds. I got mine used for $18,000, and it is a 2009 with 63,000 miles. One scare I had was that the thermostat gauge on the dash is actually the oil temperature and not the radiator temp. It got up to 220 degrees, and thought it was running hot/ blown head gasket. I then looked closer and it the oil temp gauge. One thing is if you race it for long period of time, it needs an oil cooler installed or it will loose power if it overheats. Once you turn car off it will go back to normal. I guess the 2012 and newer have the oil cooler already installed.

I love this car

by carman from Tacoma Wa on Mon Dec 05 2011

It hugs the road on corners, it takes off like a rocket. It has so many features at times I become overwhelmed. I get so many compliments even from random people on the street.

Just Plain Blast to Drive

by Z Lover from Maryland on Mon Oct 10 2011

This car is everything I thought it would be. Highly recommend the Touring, Sport and Navigation packages. This is my daily driver and I have had it for 5 months with no issues. This winter will be the real test. My biggest surprise is getting 25 to 27 mpg. If you drive it hard you will not get this type of gas mileage, but even with spirited driving I am getting these types of numbers. Now to the down size, there is very limited storage and luggage space, BUT this is a sports car. It is a real bargin for under 40K.

What a ride!

by zter from Mclean, VA on Tue Dec 04 2012

This is the coolest car I've ever owned. I bought it 2+ years ago and I am still in love with this ride. Not only it is sporty in all senses, but it turns heads every day I ride it.

Just got it

by Mister Dave from Cali. on Fri Oct 21 2011

Yes I got it used with 34K miles I love it! This car is is replacing my 05 G35, I love this car, I couldn't have asked for a better driving experience. Only would like to see Nissan outfit this car with a better exhaust.

Very satisfying car to drive

by Deenorayy from Riverside, CA on Wed Mar 22 2017

I recently purchased a used 09 370z nismo,the exterior body style of this particular car is gorgeous but what really sold me was the speed and handling of the car. Because of its unique suspension and and handling, you can definitely tell a difference between this car and other RWD vehicles. The only issue i have every come across is that you have to be careful and drive calmly because this car is known to have the clutch go but only if you abuse it.

90 minutes of crazy fun

by test driver from grand prairie, tx on Tue Aug 24 2010

SOLO test drove this car for 90 minutes! i can say one thing to sum up this car. "LOVE AT FIRST DRIVE!" If you been looking for a car under $40k that can take sharp 90 degree turns at high speeds? then this is your car."Its a car for The Skilled Driver". DO NOT foregoe the sport package, It really makes a difference in aggressive performance capability. i test drove the non sport after the sport for 20 min, though its still a great sports car. It didnt feel as planted as the sports package and brakes were much less aggressive. The nav quality seemed very good though i didnt get to use it much. my only let down was the stereo. kinda weak for being part of a $4000 upgrade with very few accoutrements. The touring package which ONLY adds, power seats, a cargo cover, a bose stereo, leather and alcantara (fake suede) seats,in my opinion is kinda overpriced by $2,000. A touring/sport/auto is $40,120... $38,550 seems more reasonable in my opinion (NOT incl. nav), The base+sport ($34.8k) or base/sport/auto($36.1k) are the real bargains The sport package is a performance bargain. 19" rays engineering staggered performance wheels, bridgestone potenza tires, lowered sport suspension, 14"F-13,8:"R AKEBONO high performance brakes, close ratio syncro-rev match transmission and viscous limited-slip differential $3,000 is a reasonably low price to pay. The car is fast, has the handling of an exotic, and has the best sport auto transmission in a car under $50k. the base + sport is the true bargain at under $35k. i just wish a better stereo was standard and a power seat for the driver at base would have been nice. nothing heavy and luxurious, just a up-down-back forth power seat with a manual fold. Lastly, in a tight yet comfy cabin like this one. i would have engineered in a flat-bottom steering wheel. The Z is near perfect. WARNING: this car is a 2 seater with a small trunk if you need space? look at a camaro G37s or camaro SS

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2009 Nissan 370Z

Nissan's 370Z sports car delivers a lot of excitement for the money, and it's not a bad daily-driver, either. If you're looking for even greater sportiness, there's the Nismo 370Z, a factory-tuned edition of the regular 370Z. While the Nismo version increases the performance potential, it comes at the price of everyday comfort; the ride is jarring and the cabin loud.

I could see choosing the Nismo model if you have access to a racetrack, but for those who need their sports car to multitask, a regular 370Z works quite well — and costs less.

This review focuses on the Nismo 370Z, but we've also reviewed coupe and roadster versions of the 370Z.

Too Fast, Too... Read More