2005 Altima

2005 Nissan Altima

2005 Nissan Altima

4.2

Have you driven the 2005 Nissan Altima?

Wish I took it with me

by Lady A from Honolulu, HI on June 26, 2010

Had this car for three years and the only thing I could complain about was the payment (was set to a 72 month plan). Don't be fooled: Foreign cars will cost you, but well worth it. In the first 6 months, I replaced the spark plugs and wires, sensors, battery, serpentine belt and a coil or two--total over $500. (The previous owner, I came to learn, was an elderly woman who never did more than change the oil--still had all of its factory parts). Regular maintenance will keep the car running like new, even when over 125K miles. Handles rough terrains like it's nothing (e.g. winding hills and back roads in Kentucky) and loved the ABS brakes. Just moved from the mainland and while I had the vehicle ready to be transported, I later gave it to a family member who had trouble financing a car of their own...

WONDERFUL CAR

by Jewels from Houston, Tx on November 17, 2010

This is a great car at a very affordable price. Something for a mom, young business person, this car is pretty much for everyone. Very stylish too!

3.5SL - Fast, stylish, priced right

by Willock from IL on November 29, 2010

The Altima 3.5SL is an amazing car. Great pickup, good highway MPG(26), stylish, smooth ride, and priced right! We love our new car. It took 2 years of searching for just the one we wanted, but eventually found it through a private party post on cars.com.

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by NISAN 4 LIFE from LONDON ONTARIO on July 7, 2007

I HAVE OWNLT OWNED 2 CARS IN MY LIFE A MAXIMA AND THEN I CURENTLY OWN A ALTIMA. I FIND IT 100 TIMES BETER THEN THE MAXIMA THERE IS ALOT!!!!!! MORE LEG ROOM IN IT. I AM 6 FOOT 3 AND I CAN EVEN FIT IN THE BACK. THE INTERIOR IS FALLING APART BUT IT IS STUFF YOU CAN JUST GLUE BACK TOGETHER. I LOVER!!!!! THE COLOUR THAT I CHOSE IT IS CRIMSON RED I DONT SEE ALOT OF THOSE COLOURS BUT ITS DIFFRENT. I BOUGHT THE CAR USED ABOUT 6 MOUNTHS A GO AND I HAD ABSULUTLY NO PROBLEMS WITH IT THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE STEEP IT HAD 18 000 KM ON IT AND IT WAS 16,000 DOLLARS BUT WELL WORTH IT.

This Altima is a Rocket!

by Eastern_PA_Nissan_Lover from Easton, PA on June 13, 2010

My first Altima was a 1997 with the 2.4 liter 4. Nice car, reliable, but nothing great. When the 2002's came out, I was able to rent a few on business trips. Much better product. A couple years ago, the car bug hit me and I test drove an Altima with the 3.5 liter V6. It was a Rocket! I said to myself (as Will Smith did in Independence Day), I gotta get me one of these! Eventually, I did. Bought a 2005 Altima 3.5 SE 15 months ago - used - with 47,000 miles on it for $11K. This one is silky black and is just as much of a "rocket" as the car I test drove a few years earlier. It has excellent acceleration, both from a standing start and when needing to pass at 70+. Handles very nicely also. If I do give it any bad points, it would be not-so-good inclement weather handling. No ABS on this car!? C'mon, Nissan!! Kinda hard to believe they left that off, especially a car with this much power. Nonetheless, I LOVE this car. It's been a blast to drive and very reliable thus far. Go Rocket!

Overall great car 3.5se

by *8urvtec from Edmonton Alberta Canada on January 1, 2007

Performance... explosive from standstill or 40mph however torquesteer is terrible. The Se handles well but not as good as i expected. Exterior.. Can you say 4x4.. the gap between the tires and wheel wells is way to big especially in the front. Could benifit from minor suspension drop 1.5"fr .75" rear. However extremely sexy bodyline. Extremely reliable. So far the best car i've ever owned

Altima SER Potentials

by S-Tuned SER from Texas on June 5, 2010

SER is an inspiration for those inbetween a sporty ride and family concerns. Highly spacious 4dr sedan wrapped in high quality leather. Simplist bolt-ons to your engine would devastate Mustang GT's and 350/370z's. I had installed Nismo CAI (Cold Air Intake) Nismo Camshafts, and Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator. These items combined with factory installed Sports-Tuned exhaust and suspension make this car a true experience. Also when it came time to replace the tires I went wider from a 225/45R18 to a 245/45R18. This increased it's traction for better acceleration and cornering. Also made for a more aggressive appearance. Highway gas mileage is excellent and very very for city, maintenance has been very easy with no major issues or concerns after 5 years. Especially after 5 years this car still looks like new and performs as well. I would like to replace this vehicle for a more current version of an SER.

Sweet ride

by Touque lover from Upstate, NY on September 29, 2011

I bought this car w/ 117K on it. It ran like new then and still does now w/ 135K. Took it to Florida once and Maryland several times. Cruises smooth and quiet. I have the V6 and 5spd manual and this thing has some major get up and go. Very surprising! I have done a few minor repairs, but that's expected with the miles on it. Replaced a rear wheel bearing, seat belt buckle, fuel door, sway bar links and had the A/C charged. Interior is very nice and massive. Feels like a fullsize car. When I bought it, I could tell it was rarely washed or waxed in it's life but the body was in great shape w/ only a few small spots of rust here and there (I live in the salt bath of NY). I get around 29-30mpg on the hwy and 26mpg average. I think everyone who wants a reliable sedan should have one of these!

It's perfectly Perfect for me.

by AMO G. from Orlando, FL on September 7, 2006

This car is beautiful and amazingly fast. Especially the V6. When i press the Accelerator if Flies for me. plus the engine mods.

Satisfaction despite lackluster performance

by acampbe2 from Urbana, IL on July 19, 2006

I am completely satisfied with my purchase after one year, but I do regret choosing the 4-cylinder engine to save some money. Highway driving is uneventful compared to my former Maxima with a 6-cylinder. Even city driving can be annoying with the hesitation in pickup I experience. Overall this car is incredibly enjoyable. Few details were overlooked in styling, both interior and exterior. The ride is smooth although cabin noise is noticeable on the highway. Friends assume it is high-end by its look and feel. Were I to purchase it again, I would select the 3.5S model, with built-in XM satellite tuner...it's quite annoying to have the XM tuner mounted next to the shifter in the way of passengers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Altima

As it ambles toward the end of its current design cycle, the Nissan Altima has evolved into a pretty nice family sedan with better-than-average performance.

To help buy a little time before a major overhaul next summer, Nissan for model year 2005 added a juiced-up special edition, the Altima SE-R, inspired by the racy Sentra SE-R series.

We tested a 2005 Altima SE-R with very few options and a window sticker of $30,150.

HE: I've never understood the widely held notion in this business that functionality and performance are mutually exclusive when it comes to family sedans. Fortunately, Chrysler got it when it created the 300C; Ford clearly did not with the Five Hundred. I think Nissan gets it... Read More