2005 Altima

2005 Nissan Altima

2005 Nissan Altima

4.2

Have You Driven the 2005 Nissan Altima?

Wish I took it with me

by Lady A from Honolulu, HI on Sat Jun 26 2010

Had this car for three years and the only thing I could complain about was the payment (was set to a 72 month plan). Don't be fooled: Foreign cars will cost you, but well worth it. In the first 6 months, I replaced the spark plugs and wires, sensors, battery, serpentine belt and a coil or two--total over $500. (The previous owner, I came to learn, was an elderly woman who never did more than change the oil--still had all of its factory parts). Regular maintenance will keep the car running like new, even when over 125K miles. Handles rough terrains like it's nothing (e.g. winding hills and back roads in Kentucky) and loved the ABS brakes. Just moved from the mainland and while I had the vehicle ready to be transported, I later gave it to a family member who had trouble financing a car of their own...

Sweet ride

by Touque lover from Upstate, NY on Thu Sep 29 2011

I bought this car w/ 117K on it. It ran like new then and still does now w/ 135K. Took it to Florida once and Maryland several times. Cruises smooth and quiet. I have the V6 and 5spd manual and this thing has some major get up and go. Very surprising! I have done a few minor repairs, but that's expected with the miles on it. Replaced a rear wheel bearing, seat belt buckle, fuel door, sway bar links and had the A/C charged. Interior is very nice and massive. Feels like a fullsize car. When I bought it, I could tell it was rarely washed or waxed in it's life but the body was in great shape w/ only a few small spots of rust here and there (I live in the salt bath of NY). I get around 29-30mpg on the hwy and 26mpg average. I think everyone who wants a reliable sedan should have one of these!

3.5SL - Fast, stylish, priced right

by Willock from IL on Mon Nov 29 2010

The Altima 3.5SL is an amazing car. Great pickup, good highway MPG(26), stylish, smooth ride, and priced right! We love our new car. It took 2 years of searching for just the one we wanted, but eventually found it through a private party post on cars.com.

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by NISAN 4 LIFE from LONDON ONTARIO on Sat Jul 07 2007

I HAVE OWNLT OWNED 2 CARS IN MY LIFE A MAXIMA AND THEN I CURENTLY OWN A ALTIMA. I FIND IT 100 TIMES BETER THEN THE MAXIMA THERE IS ALOT!!!!!! MORE LEG ROOM IN IT. I AM 6 FOOT 3 AND I CAN EVEN FIT IN THE BACK. THE INTERIOR IS FALLING APART BUT IT IS STUFF YOU CAN JUST GLUE BACK TOGETHER. I LOVER!!!!! THE COLOUR THAT I CHOSE IT IS CRIMSON RED I DONT SEE ALOT OF THOSE COLOURS BUT ITS DIFFRENT. I BOUGHT THE CAR USED ABOUT 6 MOUNTHS A GO AND I HAD ABSULUTLY NO PROBLEMS WITH IT THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE STEEP IT HAD 18 000 KM ON IT AND IT WAS 16,000 DOLLARS BUT WELL WORTH IT.

209k and counting

by Zia from El Mirage, AZ on Thu Jul 06 2017

I was the 2nd owner to this car and at 209,000 miles this girls still got it. I had the model 2.5s and boy does she have speed. I replaced the original stereo with knenwith bluetooth and a charger connected, just to keep it updated. Otherwise everything else still runs and works like new. We've recently just started having problems with minor things like the window motors going out.

Great Car for a family

by CarAce from Danbury, CT on Thu Jun 08 2006

I have owned this car for a year now. I dont have any regrets, well, probably one, its too big for me, as I'm the only one using it. Its really good for long drives and very comfortable.

Satisfaction despite lackluster performance

by acampbe2 from Urbana, IL on Wed Jul 19 2006

I am completely satisfied with my purchase after one year, but I do regret choosing the 4-cylinder engine to save some money. Highway driving is uneventful compared to my former Maxima with a 6-cylinder. Even city driving can be annoying with the hesitation in pickup I experience. Overall this car is incredibly enjoyable. Few details were overlooked in styling, both interior and exterior. The ride is smooth although cabin noise is noticeable on the highway. Friends assume it is high-end by its look and feel. Were I to purchase it again, I would select the 3.5S model, with built-in XM satellite tuner...it's quite annoying to have the XM tuner mounted next to the shifter in the way of passengers.

Good old classic Altima styling

by Gary C from Granger, IN on Wed Jul 25 2018

This car and I put in over 100,000 miles traveling Indiana roads along with occasional trips to Gatlinburg, TN. Never a break down, always plenty of power and great gas mileage.

Good Car... only a few problems

by Teen in MD from Ocean City, MD on Mon May 18 2009

I bought my 2.5 S a little over a year ago for 12,000 w 47,000miles on it. I love it, it is my second car. I had a v6 chevy blazer before this(loved the power, but lemon of a car) I've really only needed to do regular things to it (brakes, 4 tires, transmition flush, oil changes) but there are two problems that arnt so regular. The rear springs are bent, meaning that my back end it lower then my front, even though, im a teen and haven't stressed the suspention w moving or anything. and bought it from a mother w a 3y/o. i was asked if it was owned by a salesmen that loaded the car down normaly. So when ever i go over certain bumps or drive ways i scrape bottom. =( The other is my speed omiter is off. It says i'm goin 4mph faster than i really go. i found this out due to my gps. For it being a 4 cylinder, it has get up when i need it too. its not a corvette but im aware of that. I really wish i had better gas mileage for the lack of power, i get a average of 25mph, i get normally 385 miles on a full tank. I love the look of the car, i'm 19 yo male. i think it looks sporty, yet classy. my friends envy my car. As one person told me, oh, you got a grown up car... lol even tho i have the 2.5 s i have the extras like wood grain and sunroof. i dont have ABS, wich is HORRIBLE. that is the one thing i think should be standard. I've had a few close calls i think i wouldn't of had with ABS. Liek i said, i understand its not a sports car and only has 4 cylinders, but it does well power wise. it handles amazingly holding the corners like my frinds scion tc (btw i prefer this over the sport scion tc) OVERALL- I love my car, i think i got a good deal, and know i have a good car for a long time as long as the regular maitnece is taken care of. P.S. My mom loved my car so much, she went out and bought a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Feels Just Right

by John The Car Guy from Marlboro, MA on Fri Oct 27 2006

I leased a 2005 Altima SL in Majestic Blue with the blond interior, and the overall effect is stunning. Some think I traded 'down' from my 2003 Maxima GLE, but to be honest, the Altima more fun to drive, handles better, is screwed together better, and the interior quality rivals some more expensive cars. I drove the 4 cyl SL over the 6 as a test, and for the fact it didn't take premium fuel* Can honestly say get a combined mileage figure of 26-27; 33 on the highway, and 22 in town, which seems to be disparate somehow. The 2.5 is plenty fast, nice and responsive intown and goes like heck on the highway. 2 caveats though. I'm not real thrilled with the paint quality on my car; it scratches too easily in car washes and parking lots. Also, in order to have all the 'goodies' you have to get the SL package which I think is somewhat over priced. Bose stereo great, car is quiet with no buffeting w/sunroof open at higher than legal speeds. Also very manuverable; turning radius far superior to Maxima and you can see out of it better. Doesn't feel as 'boaty.' Love the IRS, and if you leave tranny in 3 on the twisties, the car seems to find it's own niche. A manual 'sport shift' would top it off. Back seat passengers are amazed at the amount of room, and one person thought it was a six when he was riding in it. All who ride/hear it agree the 'growl' from the 4 is just right. I have a great dealer in Marlboro Nissan; this is my/our 6th. Drive it, you'll love it!! Just drive the 4 first, as it could save you some serious cash. *Some will tell you that putting regular in the Max works just as well. It doesn't. You lose punch and overall MPG.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Altima

As it ambles toward the end of its current design cycle, the Nissan Altima has evolved into a pretty nice family sedan with better-than-average performance.

To help buy a little time before a major overhaul next summer, Nissan for model year 2005 added a juiced-up special edition, the Altima SE-R, inspired by the racy Sentra SE-R series.

We tested a 2005 Altima SE-R with very few options and a window sticker of $30,150.

HE: I’ve never understood the widely held notion in this business that functionality and performance are mutually exclusive when it comes to family sedans. Fortunately, Chrysler got it when it created the 300C; Ford clearly did not with the Five Hundred. I think Nissan gets... Read More