2011 Altima

2011 Nissan Altima

2011 Nissan Altima

Have you driven the 2011 Nissan Altima?

Love Nissan

by Avg Joe from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Jan 03 2011

Ive owned an Altima before and never had a problem with it and ran it to 170,000 miles with it still running. Traded it in for a newer version and all I can say is Wow! What an improvement! I love Nissan!

Altima 2.5 SL, good and bad

by New to Nissan from Rockford, IL on Sat Jan 05 2013

I got this car with 35k on it used for a decent price. I really love the style, and the SL interior is very good quality. I've had it for seven months now and still like it. BUT... It does have it's flaws, namely dissapointing fuel economy, and lack of power. I'm lucky to get 23 mpg in mixed mostly highway driving. CVT jerks at low speed when you accelerate. It also can get a little tricky on the midwestern snow and ice. Other than that it seems really solid and dependable. The interior is top notch. The ride is great but the engines strains under acceleration. We also tested the Camry and the Accord, I thought this one was a bit nicer!

Great car

by justme from Los Angeles on Mon Feb 28 2011

I had a 2002 Maxima (base model) and was a great car. Then I had a g35 and was awesome but the gas mileage was poor. I ended up buying an Altima 2.5 and added the leather and sunroof. The car looks great and feels great. I am a Nissan lover. I did not see myself buying a boring looking Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord.

Value ++

by Retired Leaser from Penfield, New York on Sat Apr 16 2011

I was leasing a Lexus ES350. It was an amazing car and by far the best I had ever driven but the lease payments were killing me. I bought a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL after considering several other manufacturers. I have been pleasantly surprised. With the amenties on my Nissan I gave up very little that the Lexus afforded me and am saving hundreds of dollars each month. Add regular gas and better mileage and you get Real Value ++.

Great car for the money

by NissanBacker from Milwaukee, WI on Sun Mar 13 2011

I've owned a 3.5SR Altima for a year now. After owning four Saturns, I was forced to look for a new brand to become loyal to. Nissan is it. My Altima rides great, looks great and performs exceptionaly well. I'd recommend a Nissan to anyone who asks. Only knock I have are the tires. The 3.5SR has so much power that even with a little gas the tires spin in even a small amount of snow. I'll upgrade to a better quality set of tires when the time comes.

Pleasure

by Proud owner from Sumter, SC on Mon May 02 2011

I am extremely happy with my new Altima & anxious to take it on a road trip soon !! I first saw this model when my daughter showed me hers at Christmas time. I especially like the push button start feature. This is the first vehicle that I have had with the auto lights & system cool/ heater feature. We love the XM Radio subscription & have renewed it to be able to enjoy ad free music on trips.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

by NEW NISSAN FAN from ROCKFORD, IL on Tue Jul 26 2011

I WAS RAISED OLE FASHIONED, " BUY AMERICAN MADE" MY DAD ALWAYS SAID. MY DAD PAST THIS YEAR AND WHEN IT CAME TIME TO BUY, SORRY DAD! BUT I HAD ALWAYS HAD MY EYE ON THE ALTIMA 3.5, IVE HAD MY 3.5 A WEEK AND A HALF. AND I LOVE IT. JUST A NOTE, I WORKED FOR LEXUS FOR OVER 3 YRS. AND THIS CAR IS OF THE VERY SAME QUALITY STANDARD. IVE LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. THE HANDLING, THE COMFORT, THE GAS MILEAGE. NOT TO MENTION SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR TO LOOK AT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE, IN FACT I'M TRYING TO GET MY MOM TO GET ONE!!!

Best Designed Car I've Owned

by Batman from Corfu,NY on Wed May 25 2011

We test drove 3 other models. The Altima was the first one we took out. We test drove the Fusion,Milabu,and Impala. The Altima won hands down. Mike and Renee.

A very nice sedan

by gman72 from Centennial on Wed Jun 13 2012

I had occasion to drive the 2.5 model as a rental last week for 400 miles in southern Florida. I normally drive a 2008 Altima 3.5 coupe and prior to that a 350z. I found the 2.5 engine to be very peppy and had no problems driving on I-95 with 1 passenger and the air conditioning on. The car took only a few moments to cool down. The car I drove was a little more spartan than my 2008 model; no satellite radio, no steering wheel sound controls, cloth seats and the cooling system while very functional did not have the more precise temperature settings I am used to. Merging onto the interstate was not a problem at all, and while it didn't have the acceleration of the 3.5, it was certainly not under powered. I will certainly consider this engine when making future purchases. Think at times I was getting 35 mpg.

Altima Coupe great little car

by jj from Antioch, Illinois on Mon Dec 26 2011

Bought this Coupe for styling and gas mileage. So far everything has been great. Got the price I was waiting for. Not a performance car with the 4 cylinder but it's fine for me (60 yo). Ride is smooth for it's size. Recommend it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2011 Nissan Altima

I had five hours to think. That's how long it took to drive seven miles from downtown Washington to my home in Northern Virginia.

The culprit was a fast, fierce winter storm. It struck at the beginning of the evening rush hour, around 4 p.m., dumping several inches of heavy, wet snow that turned local roads into skating rinks.

Vehicles of all makes and prices were sliding into one another. Traffic was a stalled mess.

First thought: Snowstorms are the enemies of driving fantasy.

I had just come from a preview of the 2011 Washington Auto Show at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center - a glistening display of more than 700 new cars and trucks from 32 manufacturers. The show, which opened to the public... Read More