2004 Armada

2004 Nissan Armada

2004 Nissan Armada

Have You Driven the 2004 Nissan Armada?

VERY UNDERATED

by Big454chev from Chaptico, MD on Mon May 12 2008

I purchased the LE new in November 2004. I now have approximately 79,000 miles. I have taken approximately 8 adults and kids on several road trips. With this many people purchace a hitch trunk. This vehicle has power and is very comfortable. But, the suspension is that good for towing over 1 ton and I have had the brake pads and rotors replaced 4 times. The brakes were a recall item. The dealership refused to fix the brakes after the SUV went out of warranty. The dash light have been replaced 3 times. The oil filter is way too smal for a V8. Do not go cheap on an oil filter. i have gone through 4 sets of tires. Do not use the stock continental tires.

Love my oversized station wagon!

by Sugar Kitty from Northern Indiana on Fri Apr 15 2011

Bought this SUV used and was impressed with the appearance, spaciousness and special features. 2004 Nissan Armada with the Off Road package. Favorite features are the sunroof, 6 disc changer in the dash, Home Link system, DVD player, 3rd row seat, back up sensors... OKAY - I LOVE IT ALL! 8 passenger seating with shoulder belts for each seat is wonderful for our family of 7. Leather interior is still in great condition. I am currently averaging 14mpg in the city. Can't wait to take our first long distance family vacation this summer!

Great Big SUV... Love it

by Cadens Momma from Santee, CA on Mon Jul 18 2011

I loved this, I bought when I was 7.5 months pregnant when I found that the infant seat would make the person in the passenger seat of my montero have their knees in their chin, and lets face it I was a first time mom and just felt safe in it. We did notice the pain at the pump ($$$) but what can you do right. The only problem I did not is the seat fabric. I am tall 5'10" and still getting in the driver seat the left side fabric is wearing away, (7y/o vheicle), and the BRAKES BRAKES, the electronics are weird on them, youcould stop at a street light and go and thenext time you stop it makes a strange mechanical noise and and the brakes JUDDER. the dealer said that they have to see it to repair it, but as soon as you turn off the engine it cancels out the defect and you are breaking correctly again. It always seems to happen on a sunday or like last night (Sunday) as I had come out the drive thru at McDs for Cadens CHick Nuggs... IT happens whenever it wants and always outside dealer repair hours..Anyhoo, I do love My Armada, but will really love it once I am done paying for it...

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

by Gatt from Montgomery, Al on Fri Aug 09 2013

I have a 2004. I brought this vehicle back in 2008 from my credit union's repo lot. It has been the best vehicle that I have owned. I am 6'4", and weight 270, and this vehicle fits me like a glove! I have put it on the road for a trip at a moments notice and it took me between 8 and 16 hours trips and no problem. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage, so I wasn't concern with that, just how good it felt to drive! I love my Armada. The only major change I did was get a rear monitor put in it. Love CD player, SPACE, and 3rd row of seats. My wife is 5'4" and hate driving it, though she does when I take her car in the shop. I was thinking about up grading to a 2006, but love this vehicle too much! Love driving it, even to corner store!

Reliable as clock work!!

by TheFamilyGuy from Seattle, WA on Wed Aug 07 2013

2004 Nissan Armada SE, Black on Black with 5.6 liter V8, 7 seater with DVD. This is the most reliable truck or car I have ever owned. I am big a Nissan fan and have bought other brands which did not do so good for me. I drive very hard and the vehicles that I have kept other than Nissan brand have a hard time lasting. I have driven this truck an average of 24,000 miles a year. I have used it for hauling heavy loads, moving stuff, went snowboarding (Never went to trailing but drove on lots of dirt road). I have even raced it against sport cars and trucks. With the VDC off, this is one bad truck. Gas mileage is okay for a vehicle this size. Like any other vehicles, you have to stay on top of your maintenance and this bad boy will deliver on the power, safety and reliability. I absolutely love my truck and will drive it til the wheels fall off!

One of the best SUVs ever

by AmmoWookie from Mountain home, Id on Mon Sep 11 2017

I bought my Armada with 99k miles on it & it's still going strong @ 280k+ I have towed a Semi with it once loaded down with scrap cars, strong engine and transmission. It's the type you buy and own for a lifetime!

Great Nissan

by J.L. from Dublin, California on Mon Nov 28 2011

I bought a Nissan Aramda from a private owner in September. The owner provided everything that I requested of him even down to the maintenance records on the vehicle. Cars.com was a time saver and gave me what I needed in the price range I was looking for.

Best bang for the buck

by Neoblueb on Mon Mar 26 2018

Great family traveling car. Will accomplish any task except extreme off road only due to ride height. Biggest gripe of most is maintenance. If you know how to work on cars then this is perfect. Engine and drivetrain are bullet proof. Everything else to me doesn’t matter. Just weekend projects. Every issue I had was addressed in a forum somewhere and was easy to fix

Great Aramda!

by J.L. from Dublin, California on Mon Nov 28 2011

I bought this Nissan in September from a private owner on Cars.com. It did not disappoint. The owner provided me with everything that I requested from him down to the maintenance records. Cars.com gave me a good sense of what I should be looking for and also provided cars within my price range. I have since told all of my friends about Cars.com!

Best Car I've Owned

by Armada Love from Round Rock, on Fri Nov 09 2007

I got my Armada back in May 07'. I loved my Armada. It was a very comfortable vehicle and was very easy to manuver. The size of the vehicle can scare some women from driving it, thinking it would be hard to turn or park in a parking lot. But it was very easy in everything you wanted it to do. I will be buying another Armada in my future.

1 2

Our Take on the 2004 Nissan Armada

With its 2004 Pathfinder Armada, Nissan sails into waters dominated by the Chevrolet Tahoe and Ford Expedition. What is the Pathfinder Armada? Is it a fleet of Nissan Pathfinder sport utility vehicles armed with torpedoes and cannons? No, my friends, it's Nissan's first full-size SUV, which shares a platform with the 2004 Titan, the company's first full-size pickup truck, which I'll be reviewing here soon.

To be perfectly clear, the Pathfinder Armada has nothing to do with the Pathfinder, the midsize SUV that Nissan has sold since 1987. Market research proved... Read More