2005 Armada

2005 Nissan Armada

2005 Nissan Armada

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2005 Nissan Armada?

WE LOVE THIS ARMADA!

by Loving the Armada! from Clermont, Florida on Wed May 31 2006

We purchased the 2005 Nissan Armada LE because we loved the exterior design - it stands out from the other SUV's on the road today!! We also love that there is so much room to ride comfortably inside and there are side curtain airbags on all three rows - safety and comfort - you can't get much better than that!! We have the 4 captains chairs, and although that decreases the capacity from 8 down to 7, allows our daughters their own space for long trips and it allows for the included center console for them to hide their gameboys and videos out of sight. We have the navigation system, which my little one named "Lola" to guide us whether around town or 3,000 miles away. The navigation screen also shows any children or cars behind us when backing out and has functions to show everything from maintenance needed to miles until empty and average miles per gallon (which by the way is very low with this SUV). Other than the low gas mileage, the only downside I find with this car is that it feels 'heavy' when taking off - I don't know if it is because the tank holds 28 gallons of gas or because it is rearwheel drive or because it is a V8 or maybe a combination of all 3. Other than that, this is my favorite vehicle I have owned!!

Second Armada

by Armada Family from Moncks Corner, SC on Mon Jun 06 2011

This is my second Nissan Armada and I am very pleased with it. It has every option available except the 4x4 option. The navigation is simple and includes a backup camera. The gas mileage says 13/19 but with my regular tuneups I get 400 miles off of a 28 gallon tank and 510 on highway travel which equals in my case 14/18. Lots of knee space for first second and third row passengers. Greatest feature in my opinion is to drive while listening to the radio while my children watch a movie with their headphones on! Gotta love that with no crying and fighting!

My 2005 has 200K miles with $71 in total repairs

by Sandy on Thu Nov 02 2017

The 2005-7 Armada has to be the most reliable SUV ever built. My water pump went out at 170K miles, I replaced it myself in an hour for $71, now with a lifetime autozone warranty. I've done the usual wear and tear items of course, tires x 4, brakes, all synthetic oil changes (very easy to DIY), battery x 3, and serpentine belt x 2 (45 min DIY). Comfort is off the charts, I love the leather seats and the my entire interior looks almost new at 200K. And its out in the Texas Sun all day everyday with only the factory tint. The interior is incredible versatile and huge! Cross country travel could not be any more spacious, comfy, and downright enjoyable! My two kids LOVE having a full row each to themselves. The engine is strong as ever. Hope to get at least 400K miles from this vehicle. Many people are above 300K miles with few issues. Everything is easily accessed - ignition coils, plugs, fuel injectors, air intake and filter, oil filter and drain plug, transmission fluid drain plug and dipstick/fluid entry, brake pads are easy, water pump, fluids, alternator, a/c charge port, full spare, fuses. Mileage is always sited as a downside, but frankly there is nothing better on the market in the Armada's class. The Sequoia' mpg is identical but has no personality or grunt. The Armada handles like a sports sedan and is downright powerful at 6.8 secs 0-60. In typical Nissan style, it puts all the power down, beautifully. One caution: You MUST add a discrete transmission cooler (takes 30 minutes for $40 on amazon) to keep the radiator fluid and transmission fluid separated, should the stock radiator's interior bladder crack--this is the only major design defect of the Armada/Titan. Spend $40 to do it yourself or give $100 to a shop to install a tranny cooler and the problem is solved, since the transmission fluid will no longer enter the main radiator for cooling.

Great SUV!

by Armada240 from PA on Sat Apr 17 2010

We test drove about every SUV out there and the Armada did it all better! We purchased a 2005 Armada and we have it to this day. My wife simply liked the fact there was not a long hood on the thing. It performs well and is very comfortable and if you need to tow, this is the vehcile for you! Worst mpg was 13 and the best was 24 on a trip. The one thing I'm not impressed with are the brakes! The rotors warp and the only thing Nissan will do is turn the rotors down. The brakes they used for this are simply too small. Turning them down takes more surface away and in turn your back at the dealer complaining again. and yes, they'll turn them down again. All in all I would buy this vehicle again!

Largest SUV I've owned and I LOVE it!

by Desert Chic from Palm Desert, CA on Tue Apr 10 2012

We bought our 2005 Nissan Armada two months ago. We replaced a 2004 Toyota 4Runner that we had just outgrown. We have 5 children and needed more space badly. The Armada definitely has the space! My kids ride very comfortably now and are actually looking forward to long road trips! The third row seat provides plenty of leg room for my twin 10 year olds, whereas before in the 4Runner, it was like their knees were up around their chins! Now the twins and their 11 year old brother can all ride comfortably in the third row, leaving the middle open for my two and five year olds and their carseats. The rear A/C is wonderful, and they can actually feel it in the back! I also love how the third row seat folds flat easily, no more folding and hanging seats. Even with the seat up there is a good amount of cargo room, much more than we had before. We bought an LE, so we have a DVD player which keeps all 5 kids entertained on long drives. The leather seats are easy to clean, and I love the sunroof! It has excellent pickup and power, accelerating onto the 10 freeway is fun! It has so much pickup that I sometimes accidently squeal the tires a bit pulling out of our community. :) I have been making weekly trips into Brea, which is about 220 miles round trip and the ride is so comfortable, the cruise control is easy to use, (which wasn't the case with our 4Runner), and oh man, the Bose sound system is sweet! It's in excellent condition and runs smoothly for being 7 years old, I had it checked thoroughly by the Nissan dealership here and they gave it a clean bill of health. I LOVE the sound of the V8, it just sounds so meaty! I used to be a little sports car kind of chic, but I'll take a big meaty Armada any day over a little car! I feel so safe in it! Its low enough to the ground with the running boards that when my husband and I go out, I can dress up and wear heels and its easy to get in and out of. I had thought about getting a van since we have so many kids, but we would have the same seating, and since vans get about the same gas mileage, with so much less power, why would I go there? The chrome trim is stylish, and I will be adding some Rockstar rims to it here in the next couple months. I couldn't be happier with this Armada! My only wish, that we had gotten a 4x4!

Awesome SUV!

by Foreign Auto Fan from SC on Tue Jul 11 2006

I owned a 2005 Nissan Armada SE and I loved it. I miss the vehicle greatly and would definitely get another. There is ample room in this vehicle, so much so you can fold down the back seats and sleep in it. Perfect for long trips across the country. Very comfortable and great for large familes.

Best of the SUV's I've owned

by SUV Veteran from Boston, MA on Mon Nov 17 2008

I've spent several years with different SUV's - mostly Jeeps (Grand Cherokees, Cherokee Sport, Wrangler Unlimited, etc). This Armada is by far the best of the bunch. We leased a new 2005 SE - and its been great family car. Its been in the shop 3 times, and all 3 were covered under warranty so no charge. Our lease is coming up, and we are going to buy a 2005 Armada LE to replace it. Spend a lot of time with friends who have Tahoe and Surburban - they all want my Armada.

Overall good, just bought one that's too old

by amore07 on Tue Jul 24 2018

Overall I loved this car but we just got a bad deal on one that was 13 years old. So the lines started to rust out underneath. If it was in the budget, I would have bought a newer version of this. Seems like it came with standard with a lot of features other cars didn't. Wish the gas mileage was better, but it's a big SUV, so what can you expect. It towed what we needed to with ease. Overall, I'd recommend this car just not the particular one we bought.

Uses car for Towing

Power, Safety, & Style; total package

by Luvmyarmada from Indiana on Thu Sep 02 2010

We bought our '05 Armada over 4 years ago with 93,000 miles on it. We have now surpassed 130,000. We have had zero mechanical problems (knock on wood!) with the truck. There is room for almost anything you can throw at it (think 2 parents, 3 kids, and 2 dogs with enough stuff for week camping/boating trip). But, the amazing thing about this vehicle is the power! We have towed everything from boats to loaded car trailers with it and most times you barely notice that it's behind you. It puts my husband's Silverado to shame every time. Gets the same gas mileage while pulling the boat as my husband's truck pulling nothing. The only reason interior only got four stars was because of some issues with knobs and window switches giving out on us.

!!! Full-sized SUV BEAST !!!

by Kev from Orlando, FL on Mon Mar 05 2007

I've owned several SUV's, including the 4.4 X5, Pathfinder LE,4-Runner Limited, and a Landcruiser---Ths Nissan drives unbelievably for a mid-priced SUV---I own the 4x2 LE 2005 with Navigation,Rear camera, DVD and upgraded Bose---This truck has "insane" power with the 5.6L, looks like a monster-truck for the streets with the billet grille I put on it and it handles very well also---I have had no issues with the performance or maintenance at all ---I drive it daily and have 50k miles on it now---I bought it because Japanese vehicles in general tend to cost less to operate and last a lot longer than the domestics---this is seeming to be true with this SUV to this point---The only SUV that cost me from the ones listed above was the only one that was not Japanese built---The X5---it handled great but when the warranty was over the vehicle should have been gone too---In summary, the Armada has been a great decision for me---I have no complaints at all

1 2