Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 16 reviews

Best Large SUV Out There

by from Boston, MA on November 30, 2011

Purchased our 2008 Armada SE new in 2008. Had always driven Pathfinders and Maximas, but needed more room with 3 kids now. Currently have 54,000 miles, and our Armada has performed very well overall. The engine is throaty and the Armada can really move when stomped on... but we prefer to drive it gently to maximize economy, which for us has consistently average 15.5 mpg. The leather seats have proven to be durable and supportive. The 3rd row can comfortably seat adults. The power rear door is great and really a necessity unless you're taller than 6 ft. The information screen is just plane awesome... especially love being able to watch movies up front while parked. We drive on the beach often over the summers, and the four wheel drive system is flawless and provides plenty of power to effortless move through the deepest sand even with the truck packed with 8 people and tons of beach stuff. The fold flat 3rd row and plenty of room behind the seats when open is a convenience not available on the popular Tahoe. The only reason I didn't offer a 5 star on reliability is that the battery did die after only 2 years... a continual quality problem that seems to plague all newer Nissans. Overall, we love the styling, convenience features, power and space in our Armada.

Count me as moare than satisfied

by from Texas on September 3, 2012

Great vehicle. Everything about it has covered all the transport needs we have. Yes it guzzles gas, but we all knew that before we bought. Took it on a trip to PHX and blew it out on the high speed limit areas...rolls at 100 mph with no change in anything (except gas). It has been especially good for my kids. They all have their own seat with plenty of room to move. I love this car.

MY WIFE LOVE IT!!!!

by from FORT LAUDERDALE, FL on February 17, 2009

I BOUGHT A 2008 SE WITH THE DRIVER PACKAGE FOR UNDER 29000 AND IT IS BEEN FUN SINCE DAY ONE..IT IS BIG AND POWERFULL AIN THE INTERIOR IS AS GOOD AS THE QX56..REAL GOOD DEAL FOR THE PRICE..

Perfect for a Family

by from Fresno, CA on May 1, 2013

I was shopping for an SUV that can a haul a family and more, I have a newborn and probably an addition in the future. The size of the Armada was perfect as it seats 8 comfortably and size also makes us feel safe. The Armada has plenty of power and can tow almost anything if you choose to. Gas economy is not the greatest but I knew that before I purchased the car. Don't get me wrong, its not really that bad as alot reviews you might see. With a big SUV like the Armada I just had to learn not to "put the pedal to the medal" all the time =). This is the biggest vehicle I've ever owned and love it and would buy it again. If gas economy is your priority, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Great Family SUV

by from Tacoma, WA on November 30, 2012

Bought this 2008 SE Armada used in 2009 for transporting family of 6. The boys still fit easily in the 3rd row at 6 ft tall. Comfy for family road trips every summer. Everything within easy reach, nice features, etc. Plenty of power, love that when I need to move, I can scoot! I consider that a safety feature if I need to avoid a car coming toward me or some other incident to avoid. Only reason I am going to sell it now is that I am mostly in it by myself as the kids are pretty much grown & I can't justify the gas mileage. The poor gas mileage didn't bother me overall as I knew about it when buying this vehicle. I mean it is named armada after all, so it is not a gas sipper. At 85,000 miles and it has been a dream to drive, not one mechanical issue, just plenty of room for all, power and a nice ride.

Armada Luxury SUV

by from Evansville, IN on April 12, 2008

Everything so far is really great except the fuel economy. Best fuel economy on 6-hour interstate road trip so far is 16.4 MPG. Mix of city and rural driving is 14.7 mpg . These figures are for a 2008 Armada with approximately 3000 miles on the odometer and represent driving in the winter in the relatively flat lower midwest. 5-speed auto, 5.6 liter V8 flex engine using gasoline only.

2007 Armada LE 4X4

by from New York on January 15, 2010

I have this truck for almost 2 years and still rock solid and very reliable.I haven't experience any mechanical trouble at all. The VK56 engine is a beast (test drive one for yourself) I already advance my engine timing to 2 degrees and some aftermarket mods like cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust.The only downside of my truck is its fuel economy of 11-12mpg city driving and 19-21mpg highway, but heck, what will you expect for a truck with this mass and power? I really need this truck so I'll stay with my big A!

BIG SUV

by from Saskatoon, SK. on June 4, 2012

Very nice ride, lots of room. Tonnes of power. Drinks gas, but what would you expect? It idles pulling my 26 foot RV.

Great full sized SUV

by from Phoenix, AZ on September 27, 2008

Nissan has done there homework on this vehicle. Looked at other vehicles and price for feature this is hands down the winner. It holds the familys gear and goes down the road very quiet and comfortable with pleanty of power. The 2nd. row of seats has alot of room and the 3rd. row seats fold down flat, you don't have to take them out to get max cargo space. The Armada is very easy to drive around town and easy to load passengers in the 3rd. row. I recommend this vehicle, the family loves it.

G8 car

by from Qatar on October 7, 2008

Fanta stic car. Just done 2000KM enjoyed each KM. Music system Superbb!! Thanks to BOSE Just moved from GXR 6 cy to Armada 8Cy

Our Expert Review: 2008 Nissan Armada