2011 Armada

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Nissan Armada?

Best SUV 2011

by SUV Mom from Katy, Texas on Fri Mar 04 2011

Best SUV for value and safety. Comfortable for eight passengers. Platinum was the one we chose. Great family car.

Like it, I really like it!

by Hockey Truckster from Alberta, Canada on Sun Apr 03 2011

Entry level luxury class? This is luxury class without the price tag. It's not as big as my Titan but it's faster for some reason. Never owned a full size SUV before but did some homework and decided the Armada Platinum was right for us. It was either this or a Platinum Sequoia but for $15,000 more? No way! All the size and comfort we need and it's great on long trips in the Canadian winters. Will buy the re-designed model when it hits showrooms in 2014!

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Family SUV

by Family of 4 from Joliet, IL on Tue Aug 13 2013

We recently went from a 4 door sedan to this SUV and we love it. It is so roomy especially for a family of four but we do plan on doing many road trips. We do have to fill up the tank a bit more often but the drive is a very smooth one.

2011 Armada

by BlessedMama4 from Ohio on Sat Apr 15 2017

We are at 140k miles. Solid car...love the styling and look of the Platinum and the features it offers, like keyless start! Not as comfotable of a ride as my Expedition...more like a truck. Some features are not user friendly like other's offer. Too many screens to make a bluetooth call and turn on dvd for the kids. Our Chrysler and Mazda were much easier to use there. However I just hauled a 1200 pound horse in my 2 horse bumper pull trailer. It did a better job than our old F150. Gas guzzler is worth it when it pulls like there's nothing there. Also bonus that it holds 6 kids in boosters and car seats. Very happy with our Armada!! Hope she continues to hold up well for the long haul.

by Roberto_M8 from Naples Florida on Fri Mar 24 2017

The cars interior is really dated for 2011 and the quality of the leather isn't good. The cars paint also really starts to deteriorate after only 5 years of ownership. But the car has a lot of power and an amazing sound system by BOSE.

Love it

by Lauren B from Aiken SC on Mon Apr 16 2018

I just purchased this vehicle and so far so good! I really love it! I t drives really well, and even though im getting use to how much gas it takes, It isnt as bad as i thought it would be.

A True Beast of SUV's

by RootBoy from Geneva,NY on Tue May 03 2011

The Armada is often overlooked in the big SUV market in favor of the marketing darlings such as the Denali, Tahoe, and Toyota Sequoia. If you think automotive reviews can be bought and sold, then you are probably reading reviews like this one to get an objective opinion from an Armada owner. I researched,drove, and worked deals with all the trucks mentioned above and the Armada Platinum blew the others away from a cost,quality, and functional perspective. Our Spec : Full SIZE SUV, Black on Black,fully loaded, occasional towing machine for 21' Liberator GMC Denali - We liked the interior of the Denali and it had all of the tech options you could imagine. Sound system was decent, and the exterior paint quality was real deep BLACK ! Engine/drivetrain was a solid performer -However, 65K ? We thought it was a way overpriced tahoe with a few more electronics and paint/wheel upgrades. Also, try to get a decent discount on a Denali... you might get what you would expect on a "manager demo". GM feels they can sell these premium trucks at par Toyota Sequoia - This is a big'n too. We rank this one lower in comparison with the Denali, but the price was a little more reasonable. The paint seemed cheapened in comparison, as did the interior plastic. Great pickup from the V8 - this truck spools for it's size. We ran into the same problem with Toyota dealerships with discount. With gas prices on the rise, aand the move to cross-over SUV's , you would think they would deal on these - not so. Well not so much. So how about the Armada ? Reviews we read from publications say this is a dated platform, engine change expected next year, truck like ride.... As you would expect reading this far - we bought an Armada Platinum with every conceivable option (including heated steering wheel) for ~9K less than what we would have paid for comparable trucks mentioned above. We thought the interior was better than competitors, nav system and SOUND system far better, leather seating more comfortable, and overall solid feel of the truck on the road - you are truly driving a Beast that you can off road and tow more than the other 2 as well. Lets face it, these trucks are expensive. We were lucky to find this model that had many advantages over the competition, and Nissan dealers who were hovering around the true invoice price !

The best all-round SUV - and I tested them all.

by Memorabilia man from Cleveland, Ohio on Sat Sep 22 2012

I need a big SUV to tow my race car, as my Cayenne "broke" and needed more money to fix it than it was worth. I spent over 4 hours a day for 2 months doing online research to find a replacement SUV that could tow 7,500 lbs. I narrowed my search to a GL Mercedes, Infinity QX56 and the Nissan Armada. Forget Cayenne - as Porsche didn't stand behind it's defective engine design. After test driving all 3, including towing my loaded trailer with all 3, I determined that the GL was OK ish and over priced, but the Armada and QX56 were Better, but the new QX 56 was UGLY and significantly more expensive than the Armada, which is a twin of the previous design and way better looking. All in all, I'm thrilled with my Armada. Drives smoothly and comfortably and is fairly economical for such a big SUV and it uses regular gas - I'm saving around 25% in gas over the Cayenne. The biggest plus is towing, which is effortless. when driving at high speeds I have to check my mirrors to make sure the trailer is still there ! Navigation is fantastic, way better than I was used to, as is stereo and the bluetooth - I can finally talk on my cel in cities that ban talking on a cel whilst holding it. I am a big fan and look forward to many years of driving.

Best SUV on the market

by tqg4ply from Cleveland, OH on Thu Aug 30 2012

I spent over 2 months researching on the internet for a SUV to replace my Cayenne Turbo, which needed more repairs than it was worth. I need to tow my race car and trailer = 7,500 lbs and I didn't want a truck as it would be my daily driver. My research led me to choose between a Mercedes GL 350, Infinity QX 56, Nissan Armada and not another Cayenne, for obvious reasons. I test drove all 3 SUV's - including pulling my fully loaded trailer. All three SUV's towed better than the Cayenne, although the pickup not as good, but certainly adequate. All three had better fuel mileage than I was used to, so I decided to look at value for money. The Nissan Armada won, hands down. The GL 350 and QX 56 were significantly more expensive than the Armada, even though Mercedes was giving huge incentives to move their 2012's before the new model came out. The Infinity drove nicely, but is "butt ugly ! The Armada is a twin of the prevoius QX 56 which to me is way better looking. Bottom line - I'm very happy with the Armada and have already towed it twice long distance. At speed, the trailer cannot be felt. Rock solid. Perfect. Bonus points for blue tooth, which is fantastic, as is the navigation and traffic info and XM radio. The ride is pretty good, considering 20" wheels.

2011 Nissan Aramda

by Yankees from Springfield, MA on Tue Jan 03 2012

I like the truck. Just do not like all the extra trips to the gas station. Think about the gas mileage if that is importatant to you.

1 2 3