2011 Cube

2011 Nissan Cube

2011 Nissan Cube

Have You Driven the 2011 Nissan Cube?

Sensationally Cool

by Sir. Cube of Quirk from Dallas, TX on Sat Jul 30 2011

The Nissan Cube is simply an amazingly magical car. Im 6' 5.5" yet I have more room than a mack truck inside!!!! If you want to look, feel, and BE different, then buy a cube. All of my college football teammates clowned me when I first bought it until I made them experience the Cube effect. "C" meaning coolness and comfort to the max. "U" meaning underestimated. "B" meaning Best car in its class. "E" meaning efficient beyond means. Thats when I hit them hard with the "fill up twice a month line". Then of course they shut up. Its so much fun to drive!!! You can whip in to any parking spot in seconds and coming from a huge truck, you dont understand how much easier that makes your life. The stereo is absolutely amazing because the car is so tall, it makes the sound resonate and it sounds like your at the actual concert. The seats are almost like sitting on your favorite couch plus they ALL recline. Cool right?? I bought the Sapphire Black Pearl because in the daylight, you get this sparkling blue and green color changing sweetness but at night, its suave, elegant, and pitch black. The only thing I wish was better is the power. The acceleration at times can be kinda slow but I guess when you have 4 or 5 275lb linebackers inside then any car would suffer. LOVE THE CUBE end of story.

Great little car!

by Steve from Maryland on Wed May 16 2012

I've had my cube SL for about 1.5 years now and it's my favorite of the many cars I've ever owned. As a middle-aged guy, I appreciate the fact that you just open the door and get in. You don't have to bend over and you don't have to hoist yourself up. As others here have said, the perception of roominess is amazing. When I get in any other car now I feel claustrophobic. I track my fuel consumption closely and average about 25 mpg in the winter and about 28 mpg in the summer in mostly stop and go short distance driving. My best mileage was 35 mpg on a long-distance road trip where I kept it at about 75 mph. The CVT is really amazing in that it can keep the revs way down on the highway, but is instantly responsive when you put your foot down. With 4 people on board, it had no problem maintaining speed in the mountains of western Maryland. It just revved-up and stayed there. The handling is surprisingly good and you can really throw this little thing around. Definitely not enough power to get yourself in trouble, but thanks to the CVT will scoot quickly away from a stop and be up to speed almost instantly. And oddly enough it does it all without winding out. Kinda strange. In a nutshell, it's roomy, economical, fun easy to park (live in DC metro) and different. Guess that's why Nissan can't give these away.

A PARADOX: LOOKS SMALL BUT REALLY BIG!

by I'VE BEEN CUBED from Middle Georgia on Tue Nov 01 2011

My wife and I purchased a 2011 Carribean Blue SL in June of this year. We were looking for something that had plenty of room, but also was easy to enter and egress from the car. We are caregivers for her mom who is 88 years old and has tough time getting in a vehicle to go shopping or to the doctor. We checked out all of the vans and other small suv's, but the seats were just to high off the ground. We saw the CUBE at a dealer where we wanted to check out a used van, but, there were none to be had. Saw the CUBE in the lobby window, sat in it and was surprized at the room inside and seating arrangement. You don't sit "down" in a CUBE, you just get in. The seats are the perfect height. The SL model is loaded with bluetooth, auto climate control, sattelite radio, incredible music system, on-screen navigation, four reclining seats, and maybe best of all, we get 25-26 mpg around town. Have not gone on a trip yet. Every day someone says "I love your car" or is curious about its design. Some want to sit in it and are amazed at it's roominess. CHECK IT OUT~

A great value

by karl from KC on Wed Jun 08 2011

Have one this month as a rental. Don't expect a cheap car ride! It drives and handles very well in town and on city highways. I haven't had the chance to see it perform on wet streets but I don't expect to have any issues there. My only complaint is that I don't understand why there an armrest for the drivers's seat but not the passenger. I think in today's market this is a great value for the $22,000 range.

Fantastic little car

by Bean from LA on Mon Aug 01 2011

We've owned one for nearly a year, and it has been perfect in every way. Smooth driving, great electronic features, tons of room. Really comfortable for five. You just can't go wrong here, esp for the price.

Love it love it love it

by MMM from Minneapolis, MN on Tue Nov 22 2011

I really do love this car. It's comfortable, super roomy, handles well, has good pick-up, looks fun and unique, gets great gas mileage (33 in the city, for me), fits four adults comfortably, and yet fits into the smallest parking spots very easily. I've only had it for a few months, so I can't say too much about the reliability yet, but so far there have been no problems at all. The automated hands-free bluetooth connection to my phone is an excellent feature, and being able to charge and play my my iPod via the car stereo is fantastic. I can't imagine a better car for the very low price tag.

Fantastic Vehicle!!

by Jason from Dallas, TX on Wed Feb 05 2014

I have owed my Cube only a month or so but I read many consumer reviews about it before buying! Honestly there are hardly ANY bad reviews! So I bought one with just over 15K miles, and I have to say it's probably the best car I've owned yet! It fits me perfectly! I absolutely love the styling, standard features, and options available! The gas mileage is amazing as well! I average 28mpg and that is mostly city driving, with occasional highway. I have yet to take it on a long trip but I'm positive I will average no less than 34mpg? Another great thing about it is that it's ALL WINDOWS, so I would say there are NO blind spots! I do agree with the other reviews here, I love how you just open the door and get in, no climbing up or down! It's comfortable! I would buy another in the future for sure! AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM with blue tooth and steering wheel controls! iPod hook up! The works! Mine came with a 20+ mood lighting lot that's pretty cool, at night of course. Two thumbs up here!!

Awseome Car and value

by Cube mania from New Jersey on Fri Dec 16 2011

Purchased my cube about a month ago. This vehicle is unbelievable comfortable. Getting 30 mpg...Great car the only downside is the steering is a little loose or vague but transmission is smooth as can be..

Lot of features for the $$$

by Cincynow from Cincinnati on Mon Oct 07 2013

Love the overall design of the Cube - wish it was bigger - but still has a lot of space for people & things - lots of unique features for a vehicle at this price point!

Love this car!

by timblinkk from Nashville, TN on Fri Aug 11 2017

The cube is roomier than you think. Rear seats lay down and move back and forth. I've hauled lots of stuff in it by laying down the back seats. It gets close to 30 mpg; Has a cool artsy look and offers a comfortable ride. The only negative is when driving on the interstate during high winds, it is kinda hard to steer.

1 2

Our Take on the 2011 Nissan Cube

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2010 about the 2010 Nissan Cube. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

For 2010, Nissan has added another trim level to the boxy Cube, the Krom (with a long O, pronounced "chrome"). The Cube is otherwise unchanged for 2010 (see them compared), and Kelsey Mays' 2009 Cube review details the lineup well. I'll concentrate on the new Krom.

In short, the Krom turns the affordable Cube into a more distinctive and definitively less affordable Cube, whose higher price I suspect will turn off many, many buyers. It also has a dorky name. Chrome... Read More