2001 Nissan Frontier

The most reliable pickup I have ever owned!

by from San Diego, California on July 13, 2017

FIrst off, I love Nissans/Datsuns. This Frontier pickup is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and has great power for a 4-cylinder. I take this thing from the Inland Empire to San Diego every other day and to Los Angeles every weekend! Not once has it failed on me and I commend Nissan for its amazing endurance of the KA24DE engine. The handling is good but I did do some personal modifications to ride height and stability so now it's perfect! On top of everything, this truck is an amazing gas saver for being 16 years old and still going strong. I recommend this for anyone looking for a decent sized truck whether it be for work or pleasure, this is the one to get.

Best vehicle I ever owned

by from SOMERSET on July 6, 2017

This is hands down, the best vehicle I ever owned. 200,000 miles and still purring along. Timing Chain replaced at 175,000 and no other significant repairs

My Every Day Commute

by from Rainbow City, AL on January 29, 2014

I bought my, 2001 model, truck, used, three years ago with ninety four thousand miles on it at a great price. Previous owner had a good maintenance record. I drive this truck sixty three miles to and from work. So far I've logged a hundred and twenty-four thousand miles on it and it's still going strong. With regular oil change and maintenance every three thousand five miles this truck will last me forever. This truck can handle pulling a 5X8 trailer with 800lbs payload plus 500lbs in the bed with ease. I will reach retirement soon so I will keep this truck. By the way, mine is a 2.4ltr, five speed, stick. Only one complaint, mine didn't come with an adjustable steering.

Great truck. Nissan knows how it's done

by from Texas on June 3, 2013

Have owned a frontier for over 13 years. All maintenance done periodically. Never had any issues. Touchwood. Runs well. The SE V6 was a blast with the 4x4 mode on. Great interior room and comfort.

as reliable as my 2006- frontier.

by from georgia on November 29, 2011

previous owner took good care of it, i had ti invest 1700 in maintenence and now it runs even better than when i first purchased it. nissan makes reliable vehicles anyway. over all satisfied.

meets all expectation

by from Jamaica, NY on February 9, 2011

I am very pleased with my vehicle. All the information advertised were correct. I hope to buy more vehicles in future from cars.com

Nissan 01 Frontier XE crewcab

by from Grand Junction, CO on November 2, 2010

Me and my wife bought an 01 frontier XE crew cab and it spent more time at the shop then we drove it. We bought it used with 76,000 mile and by 84,000 we had the brakes and ABS go out. Next was the transmission, with it being a standard thought it would need a clutch. I was wrong it would over heat and dump fluid all over the place, I did not ever tow anything with it. Then out of the blue it overheated the motor and blew the head gasket, so then a new motor later it almost ran right. This thing was frustrating, and too bad because I liked that it was 4 door and got ok gas mileage. I loved the built on roof rack that was handy. Over all bummed out because I always heard they were good trucks.

Very good vehicle

by from alentown, pa on April 27, 2010

I have owened mine for 10 years and had to do noting to it its a very good rated vehicle I would recommend it to anyone.

Excellent Truck

by from Austin, TX on February 9, 2010

This truck looks like it has been well taken care of. I already own a Nissan and know that it is well-built and dependable.

Wonderful 4X4 Truck with nice interior

by from VA on February 22, 2007

I have the SC 4X4 V-6. It has leather and really cool "SC" embossed red stitching. The truck rides well and does not suck down the gas if driven right. Very capable offroad and on road as a daily driver. The SC version comes with a factory lift on it so it rides higher than the other Frontier does. but all in all a fun truck to drive.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Nissan Frontier