2010 Frontier

4.5

Have You Driven the 2010 Nissan Frontier?

Love my new truck

by None from Tennessee on Mon Jan 25 2010

I previously owned a Ford Ranger XLT and there is no comparison in quality between the Frontier and Ranger - I looked first at the new Ranger and then the Frontier and was amazed how much nicer the Frontier is and even performance - Love my new truck

mostly good

by nissan driver from rural, colorado on Sat Sep 25 2010

I purchased this truck when i had life circumstances requiring the trading of my 09 370z. fantastic truck for all needs/wants that i've had. only 1 problem that has bothered me: the driver side door is a piece of crud. the window rattles on rough roads so badly that it seems as though it will fall into the door and break. i took it to the dealer to repair and they failed completely to do so. the door handle on the inside is now starting to separate and the controls to the windows on the same door are self-dismantling. ---------------only 4500 miles and this is occurring.... i've always been a big fan of nissan, but this is very disturbing to me

Mama's Truck

by Mama's Truck from Santa Maria, CA on Sun Sep 25 2011

We bought this truck in April of 2006 when it was new. The only issues we have had is at 36,000 a new battery was needed and I purchased new tires at 38,000 miles. When we purchased the truck we still had three kids at home, two were teenagers and one in a car seat. The backseat was the biggest in the class. This became the car to travel in. Our truck has hauled, football teams, water polo teams and the family on vacations! As of April the truck was paid for... I just looked to see what the value was, and low and behold....I could get 18,000 for it...we only paid 21,000....I like that return!

Most awesome vehicle I have owned to date!

by Geno from Renton, Wa on Tue Jan 19 2010

I have had 2 Newer Frontiers, 1) 2007, Then I got a 2009 pro4! Theses trucks are so loaded for the money! No other small truck compares!

A great little truck

by Xtina from Oklahoma on Fri Aug 27 2010

I bought this truck at the end of May, 2010. I've put over 6,000 miles on it & it runs like a top, just like it should. It's reliable, looks good & sits up just high enough for me to see well driving down the road. I'm glad I got this truck & now I wonder how I ever lived without it.

by Hydra1 from Canada on Tue Nov 13 2012

Great little truck that pulls very well.Tons of torque and horse power. Priced fairly well. Much better price than the Tacoma. King cab could be a bit bigger in back. Interior materials seem to scratch and mark up easy. Battery is useless and too small. Fuel economy isnt the greatest but it is a 4x4. Fun to drive and great for city or highway. Works off road well too with stock parts. Needs 6 speed transmision as overdrive 5th gear is very tall and needs to be taken to 4th while in city. Would purchase again but after 7 yrs. Nissan should make some refinements.Slightly taller suspension and a more fuel wise v6 would be good for starters.Standard fog lights should be included at the price point of these trucks as well.Why Nissan cheaped out here i dont understand.

Awsome Truck... LE Crew Cab 4x4 Short Bed

by 1st Time Truck Owner from Washington DC on Wed Jun 16 2010

Overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Pretty much decked out with every option. Love the Bluetooth. Upgraded Radio is one of the best sounding systems I've owned. I've read the standard radio was unimpressive. Back seat has adequate legroom for average folks despite what some reviews claim. Rear seatbacks are quite vertical, although there is only so much room in a midsized crew cab. You have to make some sacifices somewhere. Most people would still find it comfortable for all but the longest of trips. Front bucket seats are very comfortable although the center arm rest is a little short for me. They should have taken out one of the two large cup holders to make it longer. V6 has good power and handles well for a truck. Ride is very quiet and smooth on flat services. Over bumps it is a little stiff but it is a truck don't forget! I was a little surprised at the large turning radius required but you get use to it. Tie down features of the bed are excellent. I would have liked to have a little longer of a bed but I couldn't find a loaded LE with the long bed option anywhere in the Washington DC area. I guess I could have ordered it if I had the patience. Looked at the Tacoma and Dakota but I love the rugged & brawny styling of this truck and that is what steered me to it. Couldn't be happier!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best truck I've owned

by NIssanlover from Gettysburg, PA on Mon Nov 16 2009

I took the truck out for a 100 mile ride. I had no fatigue, or sleeping legs. The seat enveloped me and truly supported my back. The steering is a little tight, but, I like tight steering. I had it on the highway and city streets and it performed great. Excellent value for the money.

excellent value

by most for my money from central n.y. on Fri Sep 10 2010

I've had the truck for 3 months, am very pleased. The exterior fit and finish is flawless, the door and hood seams are consistent, and the factory bed-liner is well made. The interior is well planned out, with a logical layout. The truck is getting slightly under 20mpg, combined. A real joy to drive, but, nothing is perfect, and I do have few issues. When going up a grade, the tranny is hunting to find the right gear, I'm sure as a trade off to better gas mileage, it is still annoying.The turning radius is a little big.At the front of the box, just behind the cab, there is a lip that is all but impossible to clean and I wonder what the snow, salt, and dirt will do in the long term. ON the inside, every radio should have an mp3 jack, not just the up grade. The arm rest is on the small side but works o.k. The back jump seats are strictly for short distance. These issues all add up to be minor, and in my opinion, this is an excellent truck for a much better than competitive price.

Best Value and Very Reliable

by DEFRAZZLE from BLOOMINGDALE, NY on Sat Jun 03 2017

I bought my Frontier used with about 51,000 miles on it when it was 3 years old. Very reliable, plenty of power, 4WD works flawlessly by just turning the dash mounted knob. 4.0 liter engine gets about 16-22 MPG. I compared several trucks with similar size, condition, mileage and power trucks, and my savings was over 3 thousand dollars by buying the Frontier. I will purchase another Frontier soon.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Nissan Frontier

Full-size trucks are a chore to drive in the city — we know; we've done it — so we wanted to see how Nissan's midsize Frontier would handle an urban environment, as well as a junkyard run to get some used parts.

There were clear maneuverability and parking advantages that came with this truck's smaller size, but in one particular way the V-6 Frontier is a lot like its larger siblings — and not in a way you'd want.

In short, while the V-6 Frontier packs a lot of useful capability in a condensed package, if you've had a chance to sit in any of the newer full-size trucks on the market, you may be disappointed with the Frontier's cabin styling.

To see a side-by-side comparison of... Read More