Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Frontier

2011 Nissan Frontier

2011 Nissan Frontier

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Nissan Frontier?

great truck

by car nut from Lees Summit MO on Mon Dec 26 2011

rated at 15 & 20 mpg getting 17-18 & 23-24 drives great, runs great and has plenty of power. This is an SV X cab. with 4.0 engine

Awesome Truck

by JD from on Wed Apr 30 2014

I have owned this truck for a little over a year. I bought it with 25k miles on it and it now has 41k. No issues with it at all. I love this truck! Tons of power and handles like a car. The ride is firm but very comfortable and quiet. Seats are very comfortable no matter how far I drive. Only downside is gas milage. I get 15-16 city and 21-22 highway. Not really that bad for a big V-6 4x4. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints at all.

Great Truck

by Jim from PA on Sun Nov 23 2014

I did extensive research before buying my 2011 Nissan Frontier SV. I found a great deal at a car dealership and got the extended cab, 6 ft bed, 4x4 V6 that I was looking for. I love the truck and it has performed great in over a foot of snow on the original tires (with some weight in the back, of course). The only 2 somewhat negative comments I have regarding this truck is that the gas mileage is pretty terrible when not driving solely on the highway. I get on average around 14-15 mpg, which is a mixture of about 70% highway and 30% country roads. Some V8's get better gas mileage than that. Taking this truck across the state I have gotten around 20-21 mpg. The other thing is that the turning radius is absolutely terrible. I have driven bigger trucks that have a better turning radius than this truck. Other than that, I am happy with the truck and would recommend it.

Great all around value

by Mid sized pickup truck from Wilmington, DE on Mon Dec 12 2011

This is the first pickup truck that I've purchased as a 3rd car. I found a great deal on the internet at a local dealership. The dealer price was $5K below the sticker and $2K below invoice. I've owned the truck for about 3 months and it has been one of the best investments that I've ever made. The Frontier is a good looking truck most major features. The 4wd on the fly is easy to use and the crew cab provides plentfy of space. My only complaint is gas mileage is a little thirsty at 16-20 mi per gallon but that may be typical for mid sized trucks. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and the quality of the product produced by Nissan.

SL 4x4 crew cab - Good ol' truck.

by buttsack from Chicago, IL on Fri May 05 2017

It's a good truck. It's not a great truck. It has a pretty dated design by today's standards and was slightly dated by 2011 standards. I have the SL 4x4 crew cab. The leather seats are holding up well and having power-everything is nice. The interior is very basic and the dash is fully plastic. This is both good and bad. Good: I completely dont care about my dash getting scratched or scuffed. Bad: It feels cheap because of the plastic despite the fact that its solidly built. The Rockford-Fosgate sound system sounds decent and has a 6x9 underseat woofer, it wont blow you away but its better than I expected. There is an easy to reach AUX input, which is all I really wanted anyway. Based on the plastic interior and higher-end (2011 SL trim) features, I'd call this a "luxury work truck". I've had 0 maintenance or reliability issues, but will note that oil changes are slightly more difficult/take longer than usual due to the front skid plate. The plate doesn't need to be completely removed, it has a small access window. You have to cut a plastic slide (out of a soda bottle or used oil jug) for your oil to drain down without spilling it on the inside surface of the skid plate, an overall annoying experience for a simple oil change. The rails in the bed are nice, you can make your own cleats out of eye hooks, nuts, and washers and put tie-downs nearly anywhere for just like 15 bucks. The engine is responsive, I've never had a moment where I wished I could accelerate faster while commuting. When towing, the truck has a good amount of power. I towed a 12 foot uhaul cargo trailer and fully loaded bed 800 miles. Gross weight of the trailer and contents was probably about 5000-5500 pounds and the mountains of West Virginia weren't a problem. The engine falls short when compared with the MPG of modern trucks, but this truck also just feels like it could take a harder beating. It's been reliable, and it feels reliable. My wife has a tendency to hit other vehicles with the door when she opens it in the city. "It's not my fault, the wind caught it." Yeah, okay honey. Those other vehicles dont fare so well, but this truck certainly has. NOT A SCRATCH! There was one weird issue where the hood would squeak when going over bumps. It was either the locking latch or the rubber hood stoppers making the noise. The problem was remedied by turning both of the hood stoppers out so they were extended, keeping the hood tight and preventing movement.

Surprisingly nice little truck!

by jjpdds from West Lafayette on Fri Jul 29 2011

Very pleased to find the increasingly rare manual transmission truck. All the upscale models have slush-boxes so I have to live without the goodies on this "stripper". I do miss cruise control and power windows, but other than that the truck is very spacious. Its whisper quiet on the highway, and very comfortable to drive. Plenty of room for a taxi-dad and 3 soccer players(the fourth soccer player doable but a little tight). It's nice having the stinky and muddy stuff out back. Very happy purchase!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

you might be a redneck

by very happy so far from Finksburg, MD on Sat Mar 05 2011

Sorry Mr. Foxworthy for borrowing your trademark line. After researching on line I found that the Nissan Frontier offered more features for the money and I was not dissapointed after purchasing. Highly recommend getting 6 cylinder and 4x4. I live in a part of this GREAT country where it snows enough to be a major concern. Needless to say that my Nissan performed very well in the snow that we got this year. It was very smooth switching from 4 wheel to 2 wheel drive. Too many other great features to write about. Think it best that you check them out for yourself. But let me finish by saying that I'm looking forward to Spring so I can use my Frontier as a pickup truck to get my honey-do list done as this was main reason for my purchase.

Fontier Truck

by action from Austin on Wed Apr 16 2014

Cars.com was a big help. I could not have found the Frontier of my choice in my area. Cars.com provided me the opprotunity to find the Nissan Frontier of my choice. Thanks.

2011 Pro X4

by NissanX2002 from Boston, Ma on Thu Oct 13 2011

Great truck. Really happy with the buy. Truck is impossible to get stuck. Just wished the back seat had more room.

Best Truck Owned Seven Years

by Elderchuck from Dodgeville, WI on Sun Apr 29 2012

The stability, ride, and comfort of this truck is awesome. The four cylinder engine is anemic on hills. Basically a trouble free 90,000 miles. Looking for another just like it.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Nissan Frontier

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2010 about the 2010 Nissan Frontier. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Full-size trucks are a chore to drive in the city — we know; we've done it — so we wanted to see how Nissan's midsize Frontier would handle an urban environment, as well as a junkyard run to get some used parts.

There were clear maneuverability and parking advantages that came with this truck's smaller size, but in one particular way the V-6 Frontier is a lot like its larger siblings — and not in a way you'd want.

In short, while the V-6 Frontier... Read More