2012 Frontier

2012 Nissan Frontier

2012 Nissan Frontier

Have you driven the 2012 Nissan Frontier?

Best vehicle I have ever owned

by Frontier Lover from Lancaster, NY on Sat Feb 02 2013

My last vehicle was a 2006 Nissan Frontier. I was so happy w/ that one that when I wanted to get a new one, I looked NO FURTHER than Nissan again...for another Frontier. I drove my last one for 7 years and probably easily could have driven it another 5-7yrs more. I didn't need another Frontier. I WANTED another Frontier. This 2012 Frontier is an upgrade from my other in that it is loaded...sunroof, leather interior, heated seats/mirrors, Rockford/Fosegate Stereo w/ 6 disc CD Changer and power seats on BOTH the Driver's and Passenger sides. The Interior is stylish and Luxurious yet rugged enough to w/stand our son and his 12yr. old friends. The Exterior is tough looking yet the Chrome handles, bumper ends and mirrors give it a Luxurious look as well. The wheels are HOT! The vehicle drives smooth w/out the Truck-like feel. The roof rack and running boards finish off the Exterior look making heads turn wherever it is. The 4X4 works GREAT in the snow and handles like a charm. This truck is fun to drive no matter what the conditions are and I feel it is the safest vehicle that I could have chosen to put my family in w/out hesitation. What more could I possibly ask for?!? I would recommend a Nissan Frontier to ANYONE who is in the market for a Truck that can be a workhorse as well as a family vehicle.

One Tough Truck

by Roadkill from South Central Kentucky on Sun May 06 2012

Just recently purchased a 2012 Crew Cab Pro 4 X. The ride is great, options are exactly what I wanted. No surprises so far. Great for what little hauling I will need, but the off road package will also be helpful with some of my adventures. The power of the V6 is just about right and handles any situation I will get into. Very comfortable ride and love the stereo system plus XM. I have had Nissan products in the past and they have all performed admirably.

2012 Frontier

by Irish Yamz from Middlesboro, Ky on Sat Mar 23 2013

I just bought a new 2012 Nissan Frontier 4x4 four door. The truck has a 4.0 liter V6 and is a six speed manual. The truck is a SV package and has some nice features. The truck has tons of power and easy to drive. The worst thing about this truck is the same as all trucks. "FUEL MILEAGE" The truck is getting around 17 to 18 mpg on average and thats better than 12 or 15 but that needs to improve. The truck was not overpriced and I got around 3500 off with factory rebates. I hope this helps anyone in the market for a new truck.

Love My Truck

by W from Stafford, VA on Sun Sep 30 2012

I really appreciate this truck. I drive about 90 miles a day and have had the truck for 3 months. This truck is comfortable, stylish and strong. The gas mileage has ranged from 15.4 to 16.5 MPG. The stereo system; Rockford Fasgate is amazingly clear and while sitting in I95 traffic provides me with my sound sanctuary and provides the morale boost that is needed in bumper to bumper traffic. The seats are heated and used often. The electric seats move in so many directions it is impossible not to be comfortable. The 4x4 options, locking rear differential and ability to turn your OD on and off is very convienient. The 4x4 features on this truck allows you to feel very confident in its use. Although there is not a ton of articulation in the suspension the truck performs very well in mud and uneven terrain. I would purchase this truck over and over again. I recently added a tonneau cover, some window vents, bug shield and a tow hitch. I have not seen huge gains in gas mileage due to the tonneau cover but I have gone from babying my ride to getting a bit more agressive on the throttle so it may be helping - we will see. Love the truck - I would recommend the 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X to anyone who would listen.

Mine is a 2011 Frontier S, 4cyl., auto king cab

by Front11 from Mohave Co., AZ on Sun Feb 24 2013

I live in a harsh environment, miles from pavement. The best trucks out there for me is Nissan Frontier. They hold up better than most if not all. I can not have a break down in 115 F desert heat so I choose over all other qualities, RELIABILITY. If it don't get me where I want to go, I don't want it. I don't use my truck as a car. I haul things in the back, I tow trailers behind it, this Frontier is a true work horse. These are my reasons for buying and continue buying these little Frontiers.

Love the Truck

by Phil Harmonic from Pensacola, FL on Mon Jun 11 2012

Best value for the money!! Very comfortable with tons of room and very admirable performance!! MPG has been averaging 19.8-22.0 overall! Would recommend to all who value a truck in their 'vehicular' arsenal!!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Greatest Small Truck

by New Frontierist from Seattle, WA on Thu Nov 21 2013

My model is the 2012 Fontier SV 4x4 King which I have in Brilliant Silver. Love the Satellite radio 6CD 6 speaker stereo system. As a musician I love the King Cab since I put 3 full guitar/bass cases in the back on the jump seats with some stands and wireless on the floor. I commute 52 miles a day round trip so I have 12K in mileage and while there is a bit of a drift (keeping your eyes on the road is recommended) I never found it be that exhausting. The power of the V6 auto that I have never ceases to amaze me this thing has some presence! I did add nerf bars and window louvers. I did catch a small rock on the front of the hood - but the factory touch up cover paint with a little work fixed it right up. Rides like no other Truck I've driven (Ford F-150, Dodge, Tacoma). I liked the lines on the Frontier better than the Tacoma as well. I get about 19 mpg as advertised, but if you're concerned about mileage - don't buy a truck! Sporty, fast and very comfortable - everything in the cab is within reach - dig the outside temp indicator! Buy it, you'll like it!

Truly an amazing truck

by RG from Harford, MD on Sat Jul 09 2016

Hello, I just recently bought a 2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab and it is an amazing vehicle. It is very powerful, reliable, and have absolutely no doubt this truck can preform not only well, but dominate any type of weather. The interior is very comfortable, and very very very spacious. There really isn't anything bad about the truck. Gas is very good for a truck. The value for this truck is just incredible. Shout out Nationwide-Nissan for helping out! My advice for you if you are looking into this truck, please consider this to be your next vehicle.

Excellent truck

by DD from Oklahoma City, OK on Mon Jul 18 2016

We traded in my wife's older car for this used truck last October. I need a truck to haul things since our other vehicle is a SUV. It is a crew cab SV and had 43k on it when purchased. I was a little wary of Nissan to begin with since I haven't ever owned one. It runs exceptionally well and am surprised that I get a combined 20+ MPG since I tend to have a heavy right foot! I will definitely look to Nissan when buying another one.

Very good Truck but be aware of the rear diff vent

by Truck Driver from Everett, WA on Thu Sep 08 2016

I have a 2012 Frontier SL 4X4 long bed. I bought it new in February of 2012. I noticed that the rear differential was starting to leak at 44.000 miles. Took it to the dealer in July 2016 they said the differential had lots of water in it when they inspected it. It was still under warranty and they replaced the entire rear final drive which I was very happy to hear. I did some research on line about this and found that a lot of frontiers have had this same problem. It seems that the rear differential vent on these trucks fail and has caused a lot of rear end damage. The simple fix is a rear vent modification. You can find more info on this if you search "nissan frontier rear axle vent mod" on line. Other that this issue I am still very happy with this truck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Frontier

Given the way I fell in love with the Ford F-150 I tested last year, I might be mistaken for some yee-haw-shouting, horse-trailer-pulling ranch hand. But I'm not. I'm a simple girl who lives in the suburbs with three children and a husband. I haul more groceries than horse trailers. Nevertheless, I do have an unlikely affinity for fun, practical and powerful trucks.

The 2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X doesn't hit the mark perfectly in any of these categories, but for a smaller truck that's decently priced, it does a good job of trying to keep up with the big guys.

The Frontier has a surprisingly spacious crew cab that fits five comfortably, plenty of storage options and a base model with an extended cab... Read More