2013 Leaf

2013 Nissan Leaf

2013 Nissan Leaf

4.1

Have You Driven the 2013 Nissan Leaf?

Best Car Ever

by 2013 Leaf SL Owner from Greenville, SC on Fri Apr 26 2013

I've had my 2013 SL for two months now and I honestly state that in 20 years of car ownership (including favorites like the Accord and all), this is easily the best. It's so fun to drive. I literally go out almost every night to put miles on it just because it's so fun. The features are excellent, the handling is spritely and agile. It can be economy or Performance oriented (I enjoy trying to see how efficient I can get it... if you get the optional nav system with touch screen, the gauges are really neat). It's fun to see where you stand on the Leaderboard against other Leafsters. Lease deals are fantastic, especially with the 7500 tax credit cooked in. Don't believe me, try one. Ignore the pros who knock it. They're just afraid of what they don't understand. Not having to worry about starters, cranking, alternators, spark plugs, gasoline, distributors, fuel injectors, exhaust systems, catalytic converters, etc. is such a liberating feeling. Ask any Leaf owner and I *know* they'll agree. If you can afford, splurge and go with the SL with the 17" wheels. much better looking and the extra features are well worth it!

WOW Never Thought I'd Love it So Much

by LovingLeaf from Chapel Hill TN on Sat Apr 11 2015

I was surprised to love the Leaf as much as I do. I was concerned with range but find it has not been a problem. In 2 weeks I have put on more than 700 miles for about $20.00. No problems getting to and from any of my normal destinations Good amount of charging stations around even though I live in rural area. Car handles great drives well in dry or wet weather. Very comfortable and fits me great. I am 5'5" and the seats feel like they are made for me. At 55 I did not think I ever wanted all the technology (back up camera... Navi... etc). I find I really like these features and use them often. DO NOT Hesitate to buy one you will be very happy you did!.

Best all electric for the money

by Skypilot1992 from Puget Sound on Fri Aug 01 2014

I was really reluctant to convert to all electric. Range was a concern and acceleration at highway speed. My range is very predictable and accurate. Use of ac, heating and defrost impact as with gas cars. But, the dashboard indicator is almost spot on. Also use the "B" setting as it sets up dynamic braking ( charging) when the car coasts downhill. What is most impressive is the acceleration. Love it when somebody is at a stop signal and revving. Just floor the Leaf...no hesitation and you are gone. Well that isn't my greatest compliment to this car. My real love is its ability to accelerate at highway speed. The Prius (we tried one a few years ago...may be improved since then) was gutless at speed. I floored it and waited for it to anemicaly spool up....dangerous if you need to get out of harms way. The Leaf? O my goodness, it just takes off even at 70 mph. Living in the Puget Sound may make a difference in ranging as we don't have the temperature ranging that upper Midwest, Pennsylvania and Florida do. We also have some high power DC units in case I want to add range. We still have our Accord for long trips and second car. Traded in my Oddysey for a 3yr lease on the Leaf and cut my monthly pmts in half and no gas anymore. Average 4.5 miles per KW and full cost of a KWH is 9.5 cents. Home charger unit was $600 plus 1/2 hr cost for an electrician. Very comfortable for 6'1" and 5'1" drivers. No gas cost. Great acceleration. Good ride. Less interior road noise than an Accord. 3yr lease...no down.. means we can be ready for all the next improvements...or walk away.

Unsurpassed "short trip" automobile

by Whateverman from Naperville, IL on Tue May 09 2017

I just purchased a used model with 36K miles, base S model with a couple of added features (rear camera, high-speed charger). Our family needed an extra car to get around town as we have multiple family drivers and car-sharing is a bummer. Leafs for sale on the used car market are an absolute steal with respect to current pricing IMHO. The handling, acceleration and seat comfort is 5-star. If you're putting less than 50 miles a day on your car, you can charge it using 110 without the need of running 220 to your garage in about 8 hours. Longer daily driving distances may require 220 to speed up charging time, but for our home we've never needed 220. So far our battery still has 12 bars, and our mileage range in the city has been close to 85 miles on a charge. Be forewarned, I do expect that range to reduce as the battery loses it's ability to hold a charge. A factor I didn't consider before purchasing, but should have done so, is maintenance. Not only will I not have to pay for oil changes, but there's virtually nothing to maintain on the car except tires and the cabin air filter. Braking is supported by the motor, so I've been told the brakes may not wear down for years. Finally, with electric smart meters getting installed in our area, charging overnight using an hourly electric plan should drive costs for charging way down. My goal is to get 4-5 years of local driving out of this car. Maybe 20-30K in miles total. By then, perhaps, replacement battery costs will either come down or allow for longer distances. Overall I highly recommend a Leaf for those who need an extra car for around town.

Making it easy to go green

by SLONomad from San Luis Obispo, CA on Wed May 29 2013

EVs are the wave of the future but for most folks it may seem too early to ride this swell. The Leaf, however, makes the transition from gas to electric a pleasurable experience. The right combination of performance, comfort, value, and style makes it easy to go green. I do have a second car (a minivan) for longer trips and larger payloads, but for my daily commute and running errands around town, the Leaf, with its 80 mile range between charges, is perfect.

Used LEAF, Great Value!

by PSU_MET_1997 from Allentown, PA on Sat May 27 2017

Purchased my used LEAF two years ago. I put more than 30,000 miles on it in that time. Maintenance/expenses have been tires, wiper blades and state inspection. "Fuel" bill is about 20% what I would pay for gasoline. I love not going to buy gas! I let as many people drive it as I can, everyone is impressed.

2013 Nissan LEAF

by jstack6 from Chandler, AZ on Fri May 30 2014

This is a great car to lease. It runs on less than $1 of electric to go as far as a gallon of gas. We never have to stop at a gas station or get a tune up or OIL change.

Exceptional economical vehicle

by Mister E from Cary, NC on Wed Sep 04 2013

Have been owning hybrids since 2004 and liked the very good mileage and performance. After researching the Electric Vehicles (EVs) I was impressed with the low cost of the Nissan Leaf with the government rebate and low sticker price. Found a dealer in Durham NC (Michael Jordan Nissan) that worked with me to get the best trade in possible for my Insight. The Leaf has a very comfortable interior with an instrument layout that provides ease of access and lots of information. Did not get more expensive model with Navigation System, but will the next time. Compared to my previous cars this one drives exceptionally smoothly with very good performance in the city and on the highway. Very responsive acceleration and steering. Lots of room for its smaller size too. Easy to hook up the charger and can get a full days driving without a recharge. Plug it in to a 110 Volt line and fully charges overnight. It has the super charger package included so when the quick charge stations become more available it will recharge in an hour. Believe people will be amazed how nice this EV is and an excellent buy.

Great Commuter Car

by LowCFootprint from Westminster, CO on Fri Jan 27 2017

We live in Denver's north metro area. We can commute anywhere we want with charge to spare. Even make it to the cabin in Estes Park, then recharge coming back downhill. Colorado and Federal tax credits made the car a bargain, and solar panels on the roof make travel even easier. Comfortable and solid, with power to get out of trouble. One caveat: the original tires are a version of Bridgestone's Ecopia that were specially made to Nissan specs, and although you can replace them they come with no warranty. The original Ecopia is also avaliable, with a 65,000 mile warranty, but it is heavier. No tire but the factory spec will get you the range you got on your original tires. We got 33,000 on the originals, will pay more attention to inflation and rotation on the replacements and see how we do. The tires seem OK, but it seems from the experience of others you do need to avoid hitting curbs and potholes.

Fun to drive for so many reasons

by Prius owner from Raleigh, NC on Tue Sep 06 2016

The car handles very well, has excellent acceleration, and is very comfortable for all passengers. There is a lot of helpful technology to manage driving an EV and handling "range anxiety." The SL trim, including the performance package, is really nice (leather seats, 4-way camera, premium sound). Range is adequate, but reduced by the hot summer weather (including AC). I love that these are such affordable cars, making a green choice accessible to many more people.

1 2 3 4 5