2014 Leaf

2014 Nissan Leaf

2014 Nissan Leaf

Have You Driven the 2014 Nissan Leaf?

Great, if you fit the profile.

by Seattle Owner from Seattle, WA on Mon Feb 15 2016

The range is limited. As long as you are using the Leaf for commutes well under the range, you will love the car. Smooth, quiet, responsive, quick to respond and a general joy to drive. Very nice. No trips to gas stations, takes seconds to plug in and unplug. No oil changes, very little required maintenance. Reliable. How limited is the range? The EPA rating (76 miles) is too large for all conditions. I suggest commutes half that or less at most. Longer trips may require charging at the destination or on the way, and may be more bother.

Great second car for everyone

by LoveMyLEAF from San Diego, CA on Thu Jan 16 2014

I have enjoyed driving my LEAF for well over 2 years. The Nissan LEAF deserves all of the automobile awards that it has received. Consider test-driving one to see for yourself that it is really fun to drive. The acceleration of the electric motor from a stop is amazing. Another amazing feature of the LEAF is that you can skip the gas station, smog checks and the service center and therefore save a lot of money compared to a gasoline car. The LEAF is well suited to city driving. In fact, the slower you drive, the farther it goes.

Good around town car

by weeden1 from Pittsfield, MA on Fri Jun 09 2017

I purchased this car in the hopes that I would be able to save gas $ on my 50 mile (round trip) commute to work. Given that the vehicle is marketed to have an 80 mile range, this seemed reasonable. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I found the optimal temperature range was between 60-70 degrees, and the optimal terrain was flat. Any deviation from those (often uncontrollable) factors could spell disaster. I drove in below zero weather without heat because the heat used too much charge, and then would have to try to find an outlet or charging station just to make it home. If I had to drive uphill I could lose 20% charge in 5 minutes. Driving this car around town is great, its a lot of fun to drive and performs very well in that capacity. But trying to rely on it for anything more than that is not for the faint of heart. I ended up selling it and taking a 12,000 loss because the value was depreciating so much and I couldnt rely on it. This is a great car for a certain demographic, aka those who dont have far to drive and/or have another vehicle for the winter. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and wait for the technology to be drastically improved.

Does not recommend this car!!

2014 Lease on Leaf

by retired FF from Pleasant Garden, NC on Mon Feb 24 2014

The car is great. Take your time in purchasing. The dealers all wanted me to purchase a 2013. I said no and stood my ground. A 2014 Cayenne Red SL became available a few weeks ago. Decided to lease the vehicle due to possible upgrades over the next few years. Hope So. Great little runaround vehicle. Be conservative on your accelleration and you may get near the 100 mile range. Very cold weather though hurts its overall performance so be prepared and think out your trips. All I can add is have fun.

Spacious and Efficient

by JMOCS94 from Wisconsin on Fri Jun 23 2017

I own the 2014 Nissan Leaf S. This means that it has many of the great qualities of the Nissan Leaf without some bells and whistles. It is great for getting around in a city, not so good for traveling long distances (especially on the highway). Expect to charge the vehicle overnight every night if you commute a lot. On level 1 charging it will take 21 hours to charge from 0-100%, but only 7 hours if you use a level 2 charger. What the S model does not include is: -Cruises Control -Bluetooth Audio (it does contain Bluetooth to connect your phone, but won't stream music) -Heat pump (current heating system is less energy efficient) -Powered seats (all manual adjustments) -DC Fast Charge port (this drastically reduces charge time to about 30 minutes to 1 hour)

No More Gas Lines

by Super Sangha from San Jose, CA on Thu Nov 30 2017

My favorite car ever. My Leaf is the SL trim with the premium package, so it is a top-of-the-line Leaf for my 2014 model year and includes all the cool tech features of that year like the four exteriors cameras, Bose sound, etc. I really enjoy all the thoughtful features. Every 20-mile drive I make reminds me that I just saved about $3 and some of my precious time wasted in lines at stinky gas pumps. Charging at night at home is painless. The 90-mile range per charge is plenty for 90% of my Bay Area driving. Still keep a gas-fueled vehicle for our longer trips, but thinking I could just rent a gas car for such trips. Really love the way the Leaf handles and accelerates when you need it to perform in the city or highway. Just pop it out of Eco mode and put the pedal to the medal!

Very nice commute car

by MSKI from San Francisco on Sat Apr 14 2018

Great car, super cost effective. Still a great range and battery life. More range is always nice but with all the free places to charge I get by fine. I like the car enough to consider a battery swap when the range gets low enough to cause concern.

Fun to drive, no more gas stations!

by Sean from Richmond, VA on Sun Jun 24 2018

It's fun to drive and very sporty when it's not in Eco. Eco is great for traffic and hilly areas since there's less braking needed. Never having to go to a gas station is great. Just plug it in at night and I'm ready to go the next morning. It's great for around town, but with only 80 miles of range I wouldn't have this as my primary car. Great for a two car household.

A great 'around town' car

by SacTown Leaf from Sacramento, CA on Wed Jan 13 2016

I purchased a new 2014 Leaf in September 2015. The dealer had discounted it so much that it was a great deal, especially with the State and Federal rebates. I tell people that it's the 'best car for two thirds of my driving' since 7,000 miles a year I drive to work and run errands around town. My daily driving is about 20 miles so I often go 4 days and then charge up (which takes about 14 hours on a regular 110 plug). It's very quiet, comfortable, practical (love the hatchback), and has been extremely reliable so far. Cold weather (below 40 degrees) impacts range quite a bit, as well as running the AC/Heater excessively. Once you learn the 'tricks' of driving, you can coax quite a few miles per charge. In mild weather, I've driven nearly 95 miles and had another 8 miles left to go before the batteries were depleted (i.e., 100+ mile range). I would highly recommend this car to those that drive 50-60 miles per day for primarily around town driving/short highway travel. I do have a 2nd car for my highway trips/longer travel.

Highly recommend the Nissan Leaf!

by Nissan Leaf Enthusiast from Atlanta, GA on Tue Jan 07 2014

Go and buy a Nissan Leaf as an alternate car for your house! This is by far the best investment I have made in a vehicle. We leased the Leaf about 6 months back. As long as you drive less than 100 miles per day, you would be crazy not to get this car. The only two drawbacks are its looks and charge time. Other than that, it drives great and saves me a ton of money. Go and get it!

1 2