2019 Leaf

2019 Nissan Leaf

2019 Nissan Leaf

Have You Driven the 2019 Nissan Leaf?

Great EV with excellent range for the dollar

by DVM from Delray Beach, FL on Fri May 03 2019

I got my first EV in 2004, so I have had a few of them. I recently replaced my 2015 Leaf S with a 2019 SL Plus. Compared to the older Leaf, the 2019 is an outstanding vehicle in every way. I love the e-pedal capability, which reminds me of the Mini-E. The car handles well and has decent acceleration. The range of the new Leaf has been great, even at 88% charged (max I have done so far) the range is over 200 miles, and even on the highways at speed the range seems to hold up. Yes, you can get more range in other cars. Yes you can spend less money. Overall though, the Leaf is a proven and practical car with excellent range and utility for the dollar.

Luv my electric Leaf

by DRDESERT from Goodyear, AZ on Tue Jun 04 2019

Had the car 3 weeks and absolutely love it. It has a "regular" brake pedal, but I prefer using the one pedal braking. Power on the road is just as good as any other car I've had. The 2019 Leafs are more stylish than past models. The back seat and trunk space are spacious, unlike the Chevy Bolt. I'm getting about 170 miles between charges, which means I only have to charge it every 2-3 days. The trickle charge into a 110 outlet worked just fine for me, but I still installed a 220 outlet in the garage for speedier charging. Batteries are under warranty for 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. No more gas stations! The only maintenance is basically tire rotations as there is no engine, oil changes, etc.

No more gas and oil

by Catglobe from Detroit, MI on Wed May 22 2019

I had a Honda Insight hybrid for the last ten years. I went all electric this time and it is the most luxurious car I have owned— heated leather seats, keyless, syncs with my phone and garage door opener. It rivals the Tesla with e- pedal and range, except for the boxy exterior styling. The winged taillights a a bit of pizazz. I prefer the front charging port.

I'll Never go Back

by Mattboy from Lehi, UT on Wed Sep 25 2019

I had range anxiety the first day or two of driving. Since then, no problem. I never get close to running out of juice even with a daily commute in and out of the city. Charging at home is easy and the car is fun to drive. No maintenance scheduled (except tire rotation) for like 100K miles. The best!

Loved it from the moment we met

by Jan "Feuille" from Seattle, WA on Sat May 18 2019

Just bought the car and so far I like it better than our 2011 Leaf because of the super mileage/range per charge and because you can turn on the fan without turning on the a/c or heat!

Loving My Leaf Plus

by JayJay Fuller from Auburn, Maine on Thu Aug 01 2019

This car is a dream to drive. Smooth, silent, Hugs the road. I feel completely in control of this car. Great pick-up. Beautiful styling inside and out.

I love driving by the gas stations

by Larry's LEAF from Aurora CO on Mon Dec 09 2019

I have solar panels on my home, and my local provider, Xcel decided to arbitrarily not let me bank my power any more, so rather than selling the power back to them at wholesale rates, I use the output during sunny days, which we have 330 a year of here in Colorado, to charge the LEAF. Three things I wish were different. 1. I us smart/adaptive cruise control at all times. I wish there was not a phone control button right under the "Set" button on the car, as I don't like having to look at the steering wheel to set the speed I want. 2. I wish there was a button on the steering wheel to mute the radio instead of having to look over at the screen to turn the radio off when something else is going on. 3. The car "steams up" inside far more often than my other cars did, making me have to run the air system. The system is noisy unless I look over to turn the fan down. Not a big deal I only have about 780 miles on the car so far, but my second car seems to be going to sit in the driveway a lot from now on. I need it for my small sprinkler business because I'm supposed to not pull a small trailer with the LEAF.

Enjoying my first ELECTRIC

by ChickJen from Easter USA on Sun Jan 19 2020

This LEAF looks great and it rides higher then any hatchback I tested. I love that I can pre-heat my car and keep temperature while I'm running to the store. e-Pedal is great and allows me to drive with just 1 Pedal. Car stops by itself and I guess its better since I don't use any brakes. Also I no longer need to pay for gas or see my car mechanic.

Nice upgrade

by Brian from Edgewater MD on Thu Jun 04 2020

Love it. Comfort style economy and very little maintenance. Charges slower than my Bolt but more comfortable. Nice style. Needs more USB ports and a telescoping wheel

Exceeding My Expectations

by DrJ from Edina, MN on Mon May 25 2020

This is my second Nissan Leaf and is a great leap forward from my original GEN 1 Leaf. I am sold on electric vehicles. Compared Leaf to Chevrolet Bolt and very happy I chose the Leaf.

1 2

Our Take on the 2019 Nissan Leaf

The verdict:

With more conventional styling and a longer range, the redesigned 2018 Nissan Leaf all-electric hatchback is more mainstream and practical than ever, but Nissan missed an opportunity to fix some of its glaring shortcomings.

Versus the competition:

With its more traditional design, the 2018 Leaf follows the lead of the Chevrolet Bolt EV and Hyundai Ioniq Electric and keeps the focus on value and affordability — with a lower starting price and longer range than its predecessor. But shoppers who want a driving range of more than 200 miles still need to look elsewhere for now (a more powerful — and more expensive — longer-range version of the Leaf is slated to arrive as a 2019 model).

When it debuted as a 2011 model, the Nissan Leaf brought the possibility of all-electric driving to the masses — including us: Cars.com purchased a 2011 Leaf along with a 2011 Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric car for our inaugural long-term test fleet. We learned a lot in our time with the Leaf, which proved to be a reliable, easy-to-drive commuter car for the year and a half we owned it.

The redesigned 2018 new Leaf starts at $30,875 ($885 destination charge included). That’s $690 less than the outgoing Leaf, but its EPA-estimated driving range has increased from 107 to 151 miles on a full charge. For this test, we drove the top SL trim with a $38,260 as-tested price. Our test car had... Read More