2003 Nissan Murano

Piece of junk obviously cuz Nissan doesn't make it

by from Big sur California on August 31, 2017

Nissan won't fix my recall on the vehicle only 150;000 miles on the car and transmission out unbelievable

I really want this car

by from Calumet city , il on August 3, 2017

It's my style I'm comfortable and it's the best car for me as a new mom. I wanted to try out a new car and get a SUV I usually get 2 door fast car but this time I need a mommy car in style
Not Rated Reliability

Towing away my 2003 Murano

by from Reno, Nevada on January 4, 2017

I loved my 2003 Murano. Even when the transmission went out at 83K miles and was replaced under warranty. Then I noticed a definite exhaust smell coming up from the "closed" exhaust system; $3000 quoted to fix this problem. When the second transmission went out after another 130K miles I opted to sell it to a junk yard. When the transmission is going out the car lurches forward so fast when you touch the accelerator that you can rear-end the car in front of you in traffic. Nissan repair shops can be deadly; the one in Reno that replaced my transmission under warranty cracked the radiator then charged me $400 to replace what they cracked. Nissan does not support the customer. At 213K miles, needing $3000 for a new transmission and $3000 to repair the exhaust system, I have to give up the really nice interior and ride. I am not going to buy another Nissan, after owning 5, because of how Nissan treated me.

not a lagit buy

by from ga on January 29, 2014

This post is fake and your required to send money to a person you cant even see cuz there so called going over seas in the army and you send money first.

CVT transmission/Transfercase/ Gas pump

by from New Jersey on September 8, 2013

I have a 2003 Murano 140,000 miles I have replaced my transfer case three years ago called Nissan for help and got no where with them I had to pay out of pocket $3ooo. Two months after that I have to replace the catalitc converter another big job. Now a month ago I had to replace the gas pump again another big expensive job. But my real problem is my transmission the problem started last summer where after driving the car for about 20 to 30 min and then get into traffic the car starts to hesitate when pressing on the gas I took the car to the dealer w/ no help they told me I had to bring the car when it was happening and this problem doesn't happen all the time. So finally I take it again and they tell me I need a new transmission. I have been doing research and found out that there was a extension on the warranty that I did not know about and was never told by Nissan. I call Nissan North America for help again and they refuse to help in any way even if you didn't know about the extension they just do not care!! This is a very dangerous and scary problem esp when merging from highway to highway. I am extremely disappointed with Nissan they do not care about the safety of there customers they know of this problem and don't do anything about it I guess several thousand people have to die before they really care. I vow to never buy another Nissan and will never recommend anyone to buy a Nissan!!!

Rust bucket

by from Milwaukee, WI on August 18, 2013

This vehicle has been pretty reliable mechanically. I bought this off of my daughter's lease, so I know the entire history and it has been very well taken care of. What I cannot believe, is that a vehicle at this price point would have such an issue with rust. It started rusting at four years old in the strangest places, by fuel cap, on top of roof, trim around windows. I fixed rust as it appeared, but it got so bad that I had to have the entire vehicle painted and rusted metal cut out, replaced and repainted at the cost of over $2,500 after the original $2,000 I had already done in rust repairs. Don't know if it is just the 2003 model, but if you are thinking about purchasing this vehicle, make sure you question the prior rust and body repairs.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by from Tampa, Florida on April 9, 2013

My 2003 Murano, Special Edition, is very comfortable and fast. I've been driving the car for a month. Love it.

WOOF WOOF

by from Portland, OR on December 29, 2012

Last/WORST Datsun/Nissan EVER!!! Researched cars for 6 months before biting on this. Bought at Lithia Nissan in Medford OR. Issues within the first 2 months. I like to drive on highways and not. Road handling good, pinged at low speeds no matter what including Nissan service and gas change (hi octane +/- gas additives, ...). Poor approach angle when off roading for fishing. I got tired of repeated service appts. 2 special transmission replacements later, last at my cost at 43,000 miles. I eventually traded it in, gladly, at 55,000 miles. First time ever as I normally drive them well over 100,000 before retirement. The final straws were: 1 Nissan didn't see new transmission replacement (second) falling under state lemon law; 2 service manager at local dealership in Bend OR knew me by name and cell phone number. Life much better, more reliable now status post no Nissan.

This car is a sacrifice. I can't drive it.

by from Zellwood Station on March 7, 2012

This was my wife's car. She died last month. I turned in my driver's license last year due to failing eyesught, or I would never sell this car. It had some tranny issues about six years, but it was replaced and now has a 100,00 mile warranty on it. It has been perfect. The four tires are new, having been replaced with an alignment last month. As far as I'm concerned this car is a great bargain at $9500. Mauri

Best Car I have ever had

by from Birmingham Alabama on July 19, 2011

I purchased my 2003 Nissian Murano right off the truck.It is Sunlit Copper just my color, I would tell all my friends to get this car I still have my BabyGirl at 165000 miles and she still looks brand new. Sad to say Hubby wants me to trade her in on a newer Murano but they dont have my color...lolol I have never had any major problems with my car did all maintance on a regular base and 2 sets of tires cant beat that got our $$$$$$ worth with no doubt. The onlt thing about the new muranos are the tail lights do not roll down the fenders and that was part of the Murano look the newer ones look just like all the other SUVs with the tail lights all the same.I rate this car a 5 star.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Nissan Murano