2005 Murano

2005 Nissan Murano

2005 Nissan Murano

4.5

Have you driven the 2005 Nissan Murano?

Murray the Murano (2005 SL AWD

by righhht from Richmond, VA on Wed Apr 12 2017

"Bought this vehicle with 112k in 2015 and just passed 133k today. I needed an SUV with 4WD because as a firefighter, you cant call out if there is inclement weather. Great acceleration and power, love the way the seats feel. Someone reviewed the leather as baseball-glove like and I have to agree! Supple leather and Ive stayed comfortable for 10 hour trips multiple times. Also I am 6 foot 3 and I have TONS of legroom and headroom in any seat; its a very rare thing for me to be comfortable in a back seat! I always get comments from people how stylish and luxurious the Murano still looks, and its 12 now! Great stereo system, navigation works fine (but obv I use my smart phone for more accurate results). I do wish that they had integrated Bluetooth in the stereo system but I found an aftermarket accessory that works amazing and was extremely easy to install. My transfer case blew the week I purchased and VERY luckily the dealer offered to pay for the work (1900 dollars!!). Regular maintenance plus some things expected from an older vehicle (power steering hoses, exhaust system, and an ignition coil pack) but nothing to deter me from giving up Murray!

Most reliable and comfortable car I ever owned

by Vishal from Jersey City on Sat Jun 24 2017

I own Nissan Murano for around 8 years. This is my first car and i do own other cars including mercedez C class. Out of all 3 vehicle I own, Nissan Murano (especially 2005-06 model) is best in overall drive, reliability and comfort. This is lowest maintenance car i have seen. In 8 year i did not get any issues/concerns even with long drive. This is one of the best SUV I have driven till now.

Love this car!

by Kaprikorny 79 from Tulsa, Ok on Fri Sep 22 2017

I did lots of research before purchasing my car including using sites like Cars.com. The Murano was way ahead of its time even in 2005. Nissans are built to perform so to have a great stylish family car that can giddyup like a muscle car is awesome. Maintenance is relatively inexpensive (she's getting old so some of the more costly repairs are in the near future). She has a boomin' Bose system and even rear air vents. I ❤️ my Murano!!

Very reliable vehicle

by Qban219 from Titusville FL on Wed Apr 11 2018

This particular car was passed down to Me 2 years ago by my late grandparents. It is one of the most reliable cars I've ever drove. 5 passenger SUV very roomy for all passengers. Has taken me many places without any problems, besides the normal wear and tear as the years go on.

It's really quite comfy

by Shannon from Puyallup, WA on Fri Mar 31 2017

It's comfortable, roomy, low maintenance, and stylish. I love it and don't plan on getting rid of it for a long time.

Safest car Ive ever owned. SE model

by Wiley Concepts from Bradford, Pa on Sun May 21 2017

Seats 5 adults and a wheelchair Comfortably Drives like a top notch sports car SE HIGHLY recommended

I feel safe driving it.

by Chrissybee on Thu Sep 28 2017

Very luxurious and I feel safe and secure driving it. It has a lot of comfort features as well. It fits three people comfortably in the back seat.

Careful

by EB from Plainville on Tue Jul 31 2018

Careful these cars are notorious for engine problems and over oil consumption! I would not purchase it or reffer them to someone for purchase. I have not been happy with the car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nissan Murano

by Bebeblue16 from Wash.dc on Wed Apr 18 2018

This car is so stylish and comfortable.and fits all my family i would recommend this car to any one with one or 2 large families.

Very nice car except w/ AWD CVT issue.

by keith from Northwest Oregon on Sat Feb 01 2014

Purchased my loaded SL w/ a smidge over 100k miles. Has been great overall until transfer case seals broke down & apparently causing fluid to enter CVT trans. Total dealer cost for re-manufactured trans (12mo / 12k warranty), new exhaust manifold & transfer case seals was a bit shy of $4500 (dealer was very helpful w/ cost). Still a BIG OUCH!!! Don't recommend selling w/ bad tranny, no interest at all. Now at 155k I'm once again enjoying this SUV. My 2 cents worth... If you don't need an AWD, DON'T BUY ONE. Best thing is the 27-29 mpg highway, taking some of the pain away. Would I buy another one... only with low miles & probably an FWD.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Murano

I love chocolate and I have no problem telling the world. I'm thrilled to hear about the newest studies linking chocolate to strong emotional and physical wellbeing. When popping a piece into my mouth I simply feel good. It's an indulgent treat that stimulates the secretion of endorphins, lowers my chance of cancer, and lowers my blood pressure. I don't have to sacrifice decadence for health.

Driving the 2005 Nissan Murano feels almost as good as eating chocolate. I don't have to sacrifice form for function. I look forward to my daily treat of driving the Murano as much as I look forward to a piece of chocolate after dinner.

The adjustable foot pedals in the Murano make it easy to tailor a seating configuration... Read More