1992 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 2 reviews

Light Truck with Top

by from Chicago, IL on May 16, 2006

That's what my manual called this car, I think this was pre-SUV. It handled like a truck which was fine when I lived in dry climates but not fine when I moved to Chicago. This is a heavy car that was hard to control in wet weather with 2-wheel drive. I felt it got reasonable gas mileage and was a comfortable car to have in LA where you do a lot of driving. I liked that it was a little more spartan than later model SUVs, that translated well to lots of camping and skiing trips. With chains, it was ok for mountain snow. But, I can't recommend this car for a midwestern climate, it's just to messy here for most of the year.

Best used car ever

by from Sonoma County California on October 6, 2012

I bought this car when it had 204,000 miles on it I got rid of it when it had 300,000 miles and never had a problem with it and it never leaks oil, I never had to add water to it, never any major problems with it ever I got 70,000 miles out of a set a brand new tires on it it was the S E model I loved it favorite car I've ever owned I was a second owner I wish I had never gotten rid of it I own a 97 model now which I also love but the 92 I like it better