Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1992 Pathfinder

1992 Nissan Pathfinder

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 1992 Nissan Pathfinder?

Best vehicle ive ever purchased

by Jomabug from Phenix city alabama on Mon Mar 27 2017

I purchased this 1992 Nissan pathfinder in 2007 from my brother who has owned since was new.I had driven it off and on for years and had often did maintanace on it through out the years .when I purchased it had 190.000 miles on it .it has never been in a shop .all mechanic work that has ever been done on it I performed. I have driven it years now .great reliable vehicle .I still own it today March 2017 .I recently did a complete overhaul .I installed new fuel injectors /fuel rails /spark plugs and wires /cap and new distributor.rotor button./and timing belt ..changed rear end fluid ..and tranny fluid /filter ..tossed factory air box and installed after market short ram air high performance system ..it sounds better and has twice the power ...it now has 243.000 on it and still running as good as day I first drove it..great truck..great in any weather ..snow ..rain..whatever ..once I had all terrain tires put on it ..that is....then ready for anything ....best car I've ever owned ....

Best used car ever

by Pathfinder lover from Sonoma County California on Sat Oct 06 2012

I bought this car when it had 204,000 miles on it I got rid of it when it had 300,000 miles and never had a problem with it and it never leaks oil, I never had to add water to it, never any major problems with it ever I got 70,000 miles out of a set a brand new tires on it it was the S E model I loved it favorite car I've ever owned I was a second owner I wish I had never gotten rid of it I own a 97 model now which I also love but the 92 I like it better

Light Truck with Top

by Now I drive an all-wheel drive wagon from Chicago, IL on Tue May 16 2006

That's what my manual called this car, I think this was pre-SUV. It handled like a truck which was fine when I lived in dry climates but not fine when I moved to Chicago. This is a heavy car that was hard to control in wet weather with 2-wheel drive. I felt it got reasonable gas mileage and was a comfortable car to have in LA where you do a lot of driving. I liked that it was a little more spartan than later model SUVs, that translated well to lots of camping and skiing trips. With chains, it was ok for mountain snow. But, I can't recommend this car for a midwestern climate, it's just to messy here for most of the year.