2003 Pathfinder

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Like my Pathy

by cucu*** from NY on May 19, 2010

This is just a follow up review. I've owned mine for almost four years. It is still returning some good mile/gallon. Has plenty of power around curves ir straight line. Don't mistaken it is not a rocket, but if you step on it (like I do) because some guy on fornt isn't fast enough for you, this thing will pick itself up and go. it is powerful, no doubt about it. I jsut purchased my replacement shocks and struts, mine are giving up around 73k miles. But I expected that to happen. Mchanically speaking this baby is reliable. Just make sure you care for it ( I put synthetic oil at every oil change) This thing not only looks good, but it sounds good too. The engine runs nice and smoothly.

Found my Path with it

by Bud from Texas on September 28, 2014

Chezzy tittle but it's true! it allowed our family to focus on life instead of having to deal with a mechanic every few weeks. These are called R50 by Pathfinder fanatics. We loved the first one so much we bought a second one same color 4wd this time. Timing chain is good for the life of the vehicle. We have 190k on the first and 140k on the second. Long distance trips are no issue. During the time we had the first Pathfinder we changed o2 sensors and radiator when we first bought it from the previous owner. He didn't maintain it like he should have. But no problems since. The second Pathfinder not a single issue other than a tear in the leather on the side of driver seat. I've owned a few vehicles from civic to bronco in my lifetime and this would be my go to for a mechanical trouble free life. these are some of the best SUVs Nissan has produced ever I wish that they were still using the same platform for Pathfinders.

I'm in love with my truck. Is that wrong?

by Pathfinder Lover from MA on June 4, 2010

Seriously, I love my truck. I've never enjoyed owning a vehicle as much as my 2003 pathfinder. My wife thinks I'm nuts the way I talk about it. We have to move abroad soon and I am reluctantly selling it, but even right now I am trying to find a way to bring it with me. Last night a guy looked at it and said ihewould keep it on the street, and I'm considering not selling it to him unless he builds a garage. It runs great, never a problem, jumps off the line, and it looks great. I love my truck.

Great, reliable SUV

by Johnason14 from Ohio on May 14, 2011

Owned a Pathfinder for almost 8 years, never had any issues with it. Ran well and I loved the 4 wheel drive, I live where it snows a lot and with this truck I never had any problems. Gas mileage is decent for a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Excellent Vehicle

by Pathlover from San Angelo, TX on July 14, 2014

This is my second Pathfinder. Before this one I owned a 1992 and was impressed enough with it that after 215,000 miles and still running great, I stuck with the Pathfinder. Everybody else I knew preferred the 4Runner until riding in my Pathfinder. The 3.5 liter engine is incredible! not only in power but reliability. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to maintenance but I have NEVER had any mechanical issues with the vehicle. Although I do love the vehicle and probably sound a bit biased, I do have some criticisms for the Pathfinder. It is a LOUD vehicle. Forget talking in a regular toned voice while driving. COMPLETELY forget about talking on your cell phone. It also can ride a bit harsh. Some people are more sensitive than others to the ride, but it can be rough at times. Lastly, it is a bit of a gas guzzler. But overall I would say it is one of the best designed and built SUVs around and would easily and happily recommend it as a fantastic vehicle.

No regrets

by Dan from Winston-Salem, NC on November 12, 2008

I bought my 2003 new and now have just over 50K miles on it. I've had no problems out of the ordinary. I replaced the original tires around 35K miles, and I replaced the original battery just before 50K miles (longer than avg.). But, twist my arm, and I could mention a couple things. Such as the water seal around the rear window not being completely water-proof. And an irritating rattle that comes from the sunroof area when its open while driving. Other than that, it's a great SUV. I plan on keeping mine for several more years...

Love my Pathfinder

by LOVE TO DRIVE from R.I. on October 27, 2007

Lots of power and a great handling truck.Drives as good as my Maxima with more power.I love the Bose sound system and the steering wheel mounted controls. Gas milage is better than expected but still not great. Not a bad trade off for all of the power and command of the road . I will have this truck for a very long time.

Fastest SUV ive driven

by Max from on January 30, 2010

This was a great car, fun to drive, good looking, very comfterable interior, Bose sound, fully loaded for a low price. Bad gas mileage and that is the ONLY reason i sold mine.

Guzzler

by Sport-39530 from Las Vegas, NV on February 11, 2011

I leased this vehicle brand new, the only thing I disliked about this vehicle was the gas mileage. The engine has great power but when you put the pedal to the metal, you better hurry to find a fuel station. The features on the SE model was excellent. I love the feature where you can let the windows down by remote outside the vehicle to let the heat out. Sad to say, I got out of that lease early and purchased a brand new 2005 Altima 2.5S and would not trade it for anything in the world.

Solid as a Rock

by Lifetime Pathfinder Owner from MIddlesex, NJ on January 20, 2011

Bought my Pathfinder SE new. Now have 122,000 miles on it. I changed the battery once and the tires a couple times. Aside from that, 1 headlamp and 1 license plate light had to be replaced. Car runs like new. NOthing shakes or rattles. I love that I can pin it when I need to and rocket out and around other cars. This engines awesome. The mesh seats are great in my SE, and breakdust never sticks to my rims like you see on $70,000 sprots cars. Only complaint is back shocks. When I have 2-3 people in back seat its kinda bouncy, but I'm usually commuting so rarely an issue. I'll be drivingthis thing when it hits 300k miles!

1 2 3