2012 Pathfinder

2012 Nissan Pathfinder

2012 Nissan Pathfinder

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder?

It Saved Our Lives

by Chickie from Houston, Tx on Sat Oct 26 2013

My 2012 Pathfinder was recently totaled in a serious accident. I'm shocked to see it only scored a marginal rating for rear impact. We were at a full stop (red light) and rear ended by some idiot going over 60mph. The extreme force of the impact pushed us into the full sized pickup in front of us. The various officers on the scene of the accident basically said we'd be dead if it weren't for our Pathfinder and its truck frame. Miraculously, we all walked away...the entire cabin was intact...not even a bit a glass broken. The frame in the back had bent all the way underneath and was kinked in several sections, but we're living proof that this vehicle can withstand a serious rear impact much better than the IIHS tests indicate. Waiting on my insurance $ so I can go buy another. Very disappointing that the 2013 is no longer on a truck frame. In fact, it's been one of the 3 rental vehicles I had in the insurance nightmare related to this and the 2013 Pathfinder is a joke compared to the 2012. Beyond the accident matters, if you don't have a lead foot, it is quite possible to get the 22mph fuel rating. I have also sat in my 3rd row, and while cramped in the legroom area...there was lots of headroom. The seat fabric leaves a lot to be desired, but the actual seat design is comfortable. We'd taken ours on several long road trips as well as camping trips and found it to be wonderful. The cargo area is awesome!

Love it!

by Mom of 3 from Phoenix on Sun May 12 2013

This vehicle is perfect for our family of 5. It's a smooth, comfortable ride, and there is room for friends with easy to collapse third row seating when it's not needed. I like the height, and it's not a huge SUV that is difficult to park or drive. The kids and I love it!

No complaints, one of the best I have ever owned

by 2012pathy from Guelph Ontario Canada on Tue Nov 15 2016

I hung on to my 2003 Infiniti QX4 as long as I could, it was a great truck, and the pathfinder had some big shoes to fill. I am more happy every day with my purchase. I have been driving it for 6 months. The only negative is lack of blue tooth audio for the stereo, but it does have a 3.5mm input and a hard drive system that you can record your CD's (if you still have some) The engine is powerful, not too bad on gas, I average 13.5L/100KM , and the overall ride is smooth. Styling is personal, but I like it much better than the car based minivan looks of the 2013+ pathfinders. One of the best things about this truck is that it doesn't hold it's value as much as the only other similar SUV on the market, which is the 4 Runner. I paid $23,000 for my 2012 pathfinder in the spring of 2016. A similar 4 Runner would have cost me over $30,000 Interior space is great, it is bigger than most mid size SUV , but not too big outside that it is hard to park. Overall great truck

2012 Pathfinder

by Texas 1 from San Antonio Tx on Sun Dec 30 2012

Just took 1000 mile road trip. Pulled a trailer no problem plenty of horsepower rides great. 4 wheel drive works good very good car so far.

Great in the snow!!!

by Jaden15 from South Orange, NJ on Wed Oct 04 2017

The Pathfinder is a very reliable SUV. It's spacious and has lots of legroom. Great on the highway when driving long distance. Has lots of storage space. Had a third row seat for extra passengers. I would definitely recommend this truck to others. Not expensive to fix if something needs repairing. Good on gas and did not have to fill up that often. Great truck for family and friends.

Loved this car. Just didn't need large car anymore

by REDS&XAVIER from Cincinnati, Oh on Sun Apr 02 2017

I only owned this car for about 2 years. I was great for vacations and golf trips. I sold it because I accepted an aoutside sales position and needed something with better fues economy. It did alost 21 mpg ona trip to Boston and back. Limited exposure to snow, but did very well. Great 3rd row seat for kids. I wish i could have kept it.

Great Vehicles

by Chanry from Meridian, ID on Thu May 04 2017

I am about to get my fifth Nissan Pathfinder since 1995. First one went over 200k miles, second would probably be still going if it would not have been hit by a teenager, third one was good until the seven seaters came out and I upgraded. The only reason I am getting another one now is I like the older body style and need to get into one before they are all higher in miles. They have all performed well being very reliable. My maintenance costs have been low and they are all around great vehicles. Ready for my next, and am going to miss my current on as we've been many places.

Happy to have it

by Me-G from Norman, OK on Wed Feb 07 2018

I bought this pathfinder used with 73300 miles on it. The pathfinder performs well especially acceleration. Lots of cargo room and storage areas. I am very pleased with this purchase.

Excellent value for an SUV with 4WD and 7 seats!

by WorkingMama from Keizer, OR on Sat Aug 12 2017

The third row seating is very small but serves its purpose. The interior is nice but not very comfortable. Very roomy in the front and second row of seating. Excellent value for an SUV.

A great vehicle!

by Kamara?s from MD on Fri Aug 10 2018

My family of 7 can all fit in this vehicle. Everyone loves the car and can carry it all our belongings very well. Love it!

1 2 3