2005 Quest

2005 Nissan Quest

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2005 Nissan Quest?

I LOVE IT!!!

by QuestLove from IL on November 28, 2017

My family and I love this van. It has great style amazing features and unbelievable comfort. The size of the interior will blow you away! Leather, two screens, Bose sound system, rear sonar, excellent gas mileage, automatic doors and lift gate, stow away third row and fold down second row captains chairs! This holds six above average sized adults with ease and seven passengers average to smaller size. That being said, my wife and I can transport our four children and still have room for any sized extra passenger. One of our favorite features is the individual moon roofs for every rear passenger, with the included front moon roof, it makes just sitting in the car on a starry night an activity for the whole family. I considered lots of several minivans and suv’s before making this my final purchase. However, I knew this was the one the moment I opened the door and looked inside! The most bang for your buck easily! #Noregrets #100%Satisfied

If you've gotta get a minivan...

by Racer with Three Kids from Fairfax, VA on January 29, 2010

After a lifetime of sports cars and smaller SUVs, my wife and I had baby number three. If you're looking at minivan reviews, chances are you're facing the same situation- Fight the obvious and get a crossover, or go soccer mom and get a minivan. Neither of us really desired the van, but we knew it was the right vehicle at this point in our lives. We test drove many competing vehicles, and while every one of them was missing some key thing we wish we had, the Nissan Quest ultimately won based on style, handling, and that bulletproof Nissan VQ V-6 engine. After a few months of ownership, here's what we've seen: Pros: Looks different than all the other vans in the parking lot. No seats to take out- all of the rear seats fold flat, allowing the vehicle to swallow sofas, toddler beds, and plywood with ease. Great Bose stereo. Great low-end torque. Panoramic sunroof is novel and the kids love it. Cons: Like most heavy vehicles, it's a bit on the thirsty side. We see 17 mpg city, 25 hwy. The backup sensor failed on us, and according to the web forums, this is a very common failure. Some people complain about there being no split in the rear seat, but this doesn't have any impact on us. If you end up in a position where a minivan makes sense in your life, but you want something with a little character, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at the Nissan Quest.

Most unrealeable car I've owned

by Not a Nissan Fan from Illinois on November 1, 2006

We have had our Van for a year and a half and We really loved it at first. We have had many problems with the brakes needing to replaced every 6,000 miles and door leaking even after they replaced it. The rest of the van is great but it has it's mechanical problems. Very comfortable and rides great.

Disappointed with Nissan

by Quest Soccer Mom from Dallas/Forth Worth, Texas on August 20, 2010

We have had this car for 5 years this September of 2010. We bought it brand new. I love the features it has. We have the top of the line model of the SE with Skyview and Dual DVD player screens. The luxury of the van is wonderful. My only complaint is the mechanical features of this van. Nissan has a cheaply made plastic protection under the front part of the car that has come apart twice. It's put back together with plastic tabs. The transmission also started slipping at 40,000 and we were able to get that covered. Now the engine has a faint knocking sound and when we took it to the dealer at least twice about it, they couldn't hear the knocking. We have taken it back for the 3rd time in the last 8 months and have found out that the teeth that hold the chain to turn the engine is failing and was quoted $2100 to repair since they have to pull the engine out to fix this. We started to hear the noise at 63,000 miles and the warranty ended at 60,000. Not sure if I want to own another Nissan again. Will probably stick with Hondas.

2005 Nissan Quest Good value

by JSK from Colorado Springs Colorado on May 12, 2017

We bought our used Nissan Quest mini van with 126k on it. We had driven other minivans with 2.5L, 3.8L, and 3.5L engines all with 4spd auto trannys. This van beat them all for handling, comfort and overall performance. It gets as good as the other best mpg mini van we had before plus it has real power from it's 3.5L v6 engine. Even my minivan that had the 3.8L didn't touch this one for smooth reliable acceleration. It feels very stable and not a typical wobbly mini van ride. The only drawback is that the instrument cluster is located dead center in the dashboard and that the controls for many functions are clustered together in such a way that they are difficult to find even after a couple of months of driving. Still,it is the best I say the best minivan we have owned or driven. And it is huge inside with awsomely comfortable seats. Great climate control and interior quality. Hwy at 70mph we get 22mpg and at 75 about 21mpg. In town driving yields between 15 & 16mpg.

The Box Car

by free at last from Oregon on January 29, 2008

The Quest is very comfortable for long trips. It holds a lot--cargo and /or people. We've not had any mecahnical problems with it in 50,000 miles, except for the tires. When you buy new tires you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Nissan uses a new size tire on the Quest. There are only two manufacturers and both are expensive--$200 a tire. I was warned not to use a more conventional tire size because it would affect the spedometer and odometer. Performance is good. I got a ticket soon after I bought it for going 85 mph up a long, steep hill. Mileage is not great. We've never exceeded 23 mpg even when I'm not going 85. Basically, we are incompatible. The Quest is a big boxcar and I'm not really a mini van person. Now that my kids are flying the coop its time to get something funner and more economical.

PERFECT for traveling

by traveling mom from las cruces, nm on August 8, 2007

We've had a family of four with two children drive for 35 hours straight, across the country completely comfortable! Plenty of room for storage and convenience. Handy cubbies along lower dash holds everything from a wallet to waterless hand soap, napkins and wipies within easy reach without falling when you turn or being unsightly when friends ride! Grandpa and Grandma WANT to sit in the back!!!

Frustrated with my Nissan Quest!

by Not Happy in Hawaii! from Waianae, Hawaii on December 3, 2006

We have had nothing but problems with our NEW Nissan Question from faulty automatic windows, pins popping off from under the vehicle engine, and the most frustrating of all ...quarterly brake problems since owning the vehicle for a year and a half. I am now scheduled for arbitration as Nissan suggested I PURCHASE additional warranty for this on going problem. Sad . . . this was my first Nissan purchase.

The room is wonderful!

by Princessmentor from Milan, GA on June 10, 2008

My parents have owned several vans, but this was their first Nissan. When shopping this time, we decided to look at the Quest because the engines in our previous vans had been made by Nissan. When the salesman opened the doors and I climbed into the back seat, I was sold! At 5'8" with very long legs, it has always been an issue of who I sat behind in a vehicle. My father is a little over 6' and he puts his seat way back. In the quest, he can scoot his seat back to the fullest and I still have enough room to cross my legs easily! Even in the 3rd row seats I have room, thanks to the 2nd row seats that have two positions. We have been very happy with this vehicle and have driven it over 60,000 miles (we bought it used with 35,000 miles on it) across many states. It's time for a new vehicle and my father, who is a shopper who is not satisfied until he drives EVERY vehicle on 15 lots, says he is not even going to look at any other vans!! The only problems we have had is a transmission failure (as of about 4 days ago) which insurance covers. I also don't care for the placement of the speedometer, but that is changed on the newer models.

Excellent value and reliability

by Soccer Dad from New England on April 28, 2010

Bought a 2005 Quest new and now have 4 kids and 90,000 miles on it...so I feel very qualified to review. This car was an excellent value and has been extremely reliable. I love the trendy styling, the seat comfort, and the ample storage behind the 3rd row. My biggest disappointment is road noise, but you probably need to buy a more luxurious model for that.

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Quest

My last experience driving the Nissan Quest yielded a mixed review. I drove a stripped-down base model in 2004. For 2005 Nissan is providing me with a loaded midline version for comparison. I can't wait to discover if I can be "bought" with the extras. Surely I'll see through the glitz and glamour of high-cost accessories and interpret the car for what it is. On second thought, I am a woman after all; a bit of bling will inevitably catch my eye.

The design of the Quest hasn't changed since last year, and that's a good thing. The new age concept for the center console has grown on me since the last time I drove it. It still looks pretty bizarre (and makes it difficult to find the CD slot without bending... Read More