2009 Rogue

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Owned 7 years LOVE THE ROGUE

by david from new york on May 17, 2017

10 our of 10 now have 137,000 and it runs like new. I don't ever have any problems in any weather and can only say its a joy and WELL WORTH the money. Lastly, it really held its value I paid $17k with $20k miles Ive driven 8 years 117k miles and never ever an issue

The best car I've ever had, new or used.

by LisaMarie3 from Deer Park,WA on January 8, 2018

Great handling in all weather, snow, rain. Alot of room for kids & their gear, bikes. Travels well. I would but another Nissan Rogue again,however mine is still going strong 8 yrs. Later!

Mediocre

by Snowyegret from Johnsonville, NY on May 27, 2018

I really wanted to like to Rogue but this weird transmission is driving me crazy. It has zero get up and go, is constantly changing gears, is sluggish and feels like it?s trying to fail all the time. I?ve had it looked at and there is nothing wrong with it. Its moderately comfortable. Very basic as far as amenities go. The speakers are very cheap. It has terrible blind spots. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV. I haven?t had it long enough to see how it performs in snow. I wouldn?t buy another one. It just feels cheaply made.

Does not recommend this car!!

Exceptional Value

by New Dad in Rogue from San Jose, CA on December 22, 2010

The 2009 Nissan Rogue we purchased to use as our family car for our first baby has proven to be a better-than-expected performer in every aspect. We purchased the Rogue after conducting careful research on various makes & models in the small/compact SUV segment and decided to go with the Rogue despite it being a 2nd or 3rd best performer in various car reviews. Due to it's price/performance combination versus competitors, we were satisfied with buying the 2nd best in it's class. The Rogue's interior is simple but functional and the materials used are good quality (we have the entry level trim package). The Rogue's acceleration is good considering that it comes with a 4 cylinder 170 HP engine; with Overdrive on it responds well when pushed but it will feel like a 170 HP SUV versus a 200 HP SUV. Gas mileage is excellent as we've been averaging about 23 mpg combined from the 17.50 gallon tank. Handling feels good for an SUV but it definitely isn't a high performance sports car so when pushed around a curve at higher than recommended speeds it feels a bit unstable. Road noise inside the car is moderate to minimal. Engine noise is virtually non-existent except when making quick accelerations. Overall the Rogue has proven to be a comfortable, reliable, and enjoyable car to use as our family car.

I love this car!

by Rogue Lover from Phoenix, AZ on October 29, 2008

I purchased the 2009 Rogue SL AWD, with the premium electronics package about a month ago. So far, it has been everything I hoped for. The Bose system and the intelligent key feautures make the electronics package well worth it, and I am very happy I decided to splurge on that. I love not ever having to get the keys out of my purse. The mileage is just as it is rated, and I am expecting that will improve as the car gets more worn in. I upgraded from a Civic and I am already finding situations where I am glad to have the added cargo space, and it is perfect for our two 60 pound dogs. With the back seat folded flat they have plenty of room, but I have found they can even fit comfortably in the cargo area with the seats up (just no room to roam). After much debating I chose the Rogue over the CR-V, and so far I have no regrets. The Rogue just feels sportier, and the interior design feels more like it fits the car and wraps around you, where the CR-V felt a little more like a minivan.

Great vehicle

by Love my Rogue from Great Falls, Montana on July 16, 2011

I bought this Rogue used with 23,000 miles. It is very comfortable. I have taken it on many long road trips with a bad back and never had pain. It has a sleek design and very nice interior. This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. My only complaint would be no power when you need it to pass other cars on the highway. Also at times the keyless start won't work and I need to hunt my keys down, otherwise I love it and would recommend it everyone. The gas mileage is very good.

Shop Around

by ExHondaGal from Texas on December 15, 2010

Drive everycar in small SUV class, and you will know the Rogue is the best car out there. Value, refinement, technology, ride. That's the reason you see more on the road.

Not a 2011, but a 2009

by The Captain from San Antonio for now on May 23, 2011

Myu wife and I looked at many crossovers, drove a whole bunch. Found this pre-owned Rogue. Drove it and found it to be fun, easy on gas, San Antonio to Corpus Christi, 30mpg!! I put on wider profile tires and that made a grewat difference in handling and road holding. The interior is roomy, out 2 Beagles love riding in the back seat, pleanty of room with them and going to the beach gear. Response when I floor it is great for the 4cyl banger, gearing is the trick, no stupid paddles. We added the sunroof, done very professionally and blue-tooth, this was aS model. We both would recommend the Rogue to anyone who asks.

Practical and comfortable, sporty!

by Reliable Roguer from Massachusetts on April 1, 2009

I have a Rogue SL AWD base model. I really like the exterior styling, fold down seats, privacy glass, AUX port for IPOD, black cloth interior is stylish, very comfortable and roomy interior, handy hidden compartments in back and roomy glove box, large middle console, handy mute button with factory stereo, quiet highway driving and decent gas mileage. It handles nicely and I love the safety rating. The intuitive AWD I am sure will be great, although I have not needed to try it. I do not like how basic the standard features are, (some features that are in the premium packages should be standard). Nissan could have splurged for a bit more like steering wheel mounted volume control, push button seat adjustment, AUTO HEADLIGHTS (that is really bothersome to me!) A larger rear window would be nice, standard fog lights and splash guards, the drive computer buttons and other random controls could look a bit more modern especially because the exterior styling is so sleek and modern; and the option to have built in navigation. I find the Rogue to be loud upon acceleration, although quiet when you reach your optimal speed and are cruising. My last car was a 3.5L Altima, so this car is a step down in power department and feels a bit "putt-putt" to me. It is definately a 4 cylinder. All in all, this is a nice, safe and practical car.

the best small SUV I've owned

by rose from bronx, new york on September 11, 2010

I hope nissan will step it up with a V6 version in the rogue also added auto head light and lock gas cover door.

1 2 3 4 5