2010 Rogue

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Fantastic overall SUV

by Sales Road Warrior from Montreal on September 10, 2010

I am a road warrior, working in sales I spend many hours in my car. As a point of reference I will let you know that I travel by plane weekly and I have the opportunity of renting many cars, all shapes and sizes and varying price ranges, so driving different vehicles I can compare and at all levels. I have been driving my Nissan Rogue for the past year (it is a 2010 S-AWD model) company owned, to date I have already put 50000 miles on it and will be due to change within 1 year. The Rogue has been the smallest, least equipped, lowest cost vehicle I have ever owned. In my opinion the Rogue is an SUV most folks consider the basic, it is not the ultra luxury vehicle most folks would like to drive but it has been and continues to be one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have ever "owned", to the point when I land at the airport I look forward to my drive back home in my Rogue. I drive all vehicles very tough, I push them to their limits and this one continues to surpass all my expectations. The size is great for parking in tight spots, being an SUV I pack it with year round ski box, bike rails and much more. I hit the lake or mountain on weekends in all types of weather, last year I drove 7 hour straight in a winter blizzard from Boston to Montreal late in the evening, no cars on the road except for myself, average of 6 inches of snow on the interstate, in whiteout conditions, the Rogue handled the storm with stability and security. My children are growing up and approaching 6 feet they fit very comfortably in the back seats. The Rogue is simple, no frills, and a working machine. The drive is comfortable, quiet (for hours of phone conference calls) and I never stress about road conditions regardless of weather. My wife is also a sales warrior (currently driving a fully loaded Honda Accord Hybrid) lease coming to termination she has been looking for a new vehicle, she has tried and tested every brand cars and SUV?s on the market from every vendor, today we walked into a Nissan dealer then last one on her list,(we tested, VW, Audi, Volvo, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, Acura, and Subaru) she test drove a Maxima, Murano and a Rogue, can you believe it she never drove mine, always sat on the passenger side, I am still stunned, as is the rest of my family, we exited with another Rogue SL AWD. Here are my driving criteria?s, get me from point A to point B, efficiently, securely, and with simple class without making you broke, and all together enjoy the ride, the Rogue has fulfilled this request with huge success. There are tons of good choices out there today, but I will gladly state that the Rogue continues to be one of the most enjoyable vehicles I have driven. It drive like a car and not a truck. Here are some enhancement I would recommend to Nissan, adjustable lumbar option on more basic models, 3 position rear seats (like offered by competition) Rear center arm rest option. These are optional enhancements to make the vehicle feel like a bigger player. My other suggestions for enhancements are not rational as I only have the base model and the functions are offered in the upgraded versions.

Exceptional Crossover!

by Rougish from Virginia on February 22, 2011

In the summer of 2010, we were in the market to purchase a new SUV, and after driving many other competitors, we chose a Nissan Rogue. The car had many nice features for the price. For an SUV, it has great gas mileage. The quality is also nice, as it is a good, solid car. The size is perfect, as it is not too large nor too small. There is plenty of room in the front and the back. Our Rogue had a rear-backup camera which is very useful. The interior uses high-quality materials. All-wheel drive is definitely a plus, as we tested it in the snow and it performed wonderfully. The CVT is nice, as you don't get that "bump" when changing gears, and it improves gas mileage. The car accelerates nicely as well. The turning radius is good, unlike some other SUV's. Sound quality of the speakers is also good. Exterior styling is great, as it is much more stylish than some other compact SUV's. If there were any elements to the car I would change, it would be to include automatic headlights, which are unavailable on all models. Manual overdrive would also be a nice feature to add. Overall, though, it is a nice, reliable car to drive, that has been designed to fit the needs of us wanting a nice, versatile, everyday SUV.

Bought Two Rogues In Ten Days ... It's That Good!

by Jewopaho from Houston, TX on July 31, 2010

After driving my wife's new Rogue, I gladly traded in my '08 Merc Mariner. The rebates didn't hurt, but the overall value and performance clinched it. This vehicle has the smoothest and quietest ride of any small SUV by far (believe me, we drove 'em all!). The suspension is closer to a luxury car, whereas other SUV's have that stiff truck-like ride. Other reviewers commented about the "whining" CVT transmission. We found it inconsequential. We each have the SL model with Premium and Leather Packages. The Intelligent Key & Bluetooth features are wonderful. My wife no longer has to dig in her purse for her keys & phone. Heated power seats w/lumbar adjustment and Bose sound with 6 CD changer add to the comfort level, and that smooth, quiet, seamless ride makes driving a pleasure. A V-6 is not available, but the I4 does just fine. Acceleration onto a freeway is more than adequate, and not feeling that downshifting speaks volumes for that CVT transmission. There are, however, a few changes we'd like to see: auto on/off headlights and climate control are not available; while there is MP3, a USB port would be great; power door lock buttons are not illuminated; there's a blind spot at right rear which requires some extra caution; the navigation/backup camera option is only available on the base (S) model (huh???); fuel economy is a bit less than EPA estimates. Still, we're thrilled with our new Rogues, and highly recommend that you drive one first or last when shopping for a new SUV.

Wonderful car for my wife

by Owner of many cars from Temecula CA on June 5, 2010

We test drove everything before purchasing this car for my wife. She loved her Beetle but it was starting to be unreliable and there is anything we hate it is unreliable. We have had numerous Datsun's and Nissan's and never had a bad one. This Rogue we got with AWD is decked out with all the options and is just beautiful to drive and beautiful to look at. The stereo is awesome and on a recent run to Phoenix we hit 30mpg....better than the old Beetle. My wife loves the car and once in awhile she lets me drive it (when it needs gas or a wash). The power is great and hard to believe it is a 4 cylinder....would like to try out the 4WD but never see snow.

Love My Rogue

by Just a Rogue from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on October 20, 2009

I've had my Rogue for 2 years now and I still love it! The CVT transmission is smooth and fast. For a 4 cylinder SUV, when I need the power to get up and go... she's gone! The interior is spacious and comfortable, even for extended periods in the car. Last Christmas I took it on a 3000 mile drive through all sorts of conditions, including the mountains and my gas mileage was consistently 24 to 27 mpg. I drive 12 miles each way in city traffic daily and get 21 to 24 mpg. The only "fault" I've found is that there is no interior ash tray - but I don't smoke, so it makes no difference to me. Sometimes the steering squeaks, but they make an adjustment when I have it serviced. Occasionally I need to transport 8' pieces of moldings and love that I can fold the front seat down and fit these long pieces in without a problem. There was plenty of room for baggage, a cooler and 3 passengers on our road trip last year. When I've sat in the back seat, I've had plenty of room for my long legs and enjoyed the ability to adjust the height of my seat belt, even in the back seat. I accidentally left the sunroof popped up and of course it rained (South Florida.) There was no damage as the pull cover is made in such a way it did not absorb the moisture and leave a water mark on the inside like other sunroofs I've had! I was totally rapt that my error didn't leave that perpetual reminder of my blunder! This is my first SUV and I would buy the same car again in a heartbeat based on safety, comfort, value, reliability, and performance.

Purchased used 2010 Rogue

by NewRogueOwner from OH on March 7, 2017

I am not one for writing reviews but in this case felt the need. I recently purchased a 2010 Rogue SL with 80k miles for my wife. We looked for quite some time.. she was a Subaru owner prior to this. The car was spotless and ran beautifully.. no matter what we looked at she came right back to looking at this Rogue even with the miles. Well we decided to purchase the vehicle based on others reviews from this site. Thank you for taking the time to write these because she absolutely loves the car. It performs better than the cars we looked at with half the mileage and we are amazed at how well this car held up after 6 years.. it looks and runs like new. We contacted the previous owner and she said she never had a single problem with the car she simply needed something bigger because her family size had grown beyond it. She also stated how much she missed it.. I can see why. We live in the N/NE snow belt and this car is easily equal to the Subaru handling. excellent vehicle.

Rogue Nissan

by hairdoc from South Carolina on December 7, 2011

The Rogue is a smooth riding car, it picks up speed quickly it gets around corners like no other. I get 400 miles for a tank of gas (mine is a 4 cylinder) the performance is unlike any 4 cylinder I have ever driver. Using the air conditioner doesn't slow it down at all. I would recommend the Rogue to anyone looking for this size suv......

Nissan Rogue 2010 SL

by Car Review from Dallas on August 26, 2010

The information on Cars.com was very helpful in comparing cars and prices. The Rogue is a nice entry level SUV-Crossover with attractive styling and decent performance and economy. Nissan option packaging is irritating and expensive, i.e. the power seat option has to be purchased with the leather pkg ($2K is too expensive for seat covers). No automatic headlights offered at all at any price (ridiculous). Rear visibility is restricted due to a small rear window area and slightly raked stance. Backup camera should be standard equipment. The Rogue rides pretty well for its price class, but could use a bit more power. The 2011 Mustang has a V6 with more power and better gas mileage. Nissan (and others) have some catching up to do there. This car came with many options, but inexplicably, no mats. Beware dealer installed packs of overpriced options (wax jobs, pin-striping, nitrogen-filled tires and wheel locks ...+$3K). Nice full size spare on this model. Rear seats are easy to fold down, unlike my older Pathfinder. AC seemed a little strained in this Texas heat wave, but a strong fan gets air to the back seat well. Front seats are not deep enough for a tall person, and head room could also be an issue. Note: This setup works very well for short people however. Handling is easy, and it has a decent turning radius. Although I am from "TEXAS", (go Longhorns!) orange on a dash is not my favorite color so, Nissan, please lose the orange dash lighting, or at least let people change the color to blue or green. Thanks!

Teh best compact suv

by mikechicago from Chicago on March 19, 2010

I highly recommend you to buy this car if you care about style, reliability, resale value and your wallet. It is the best small suv I 've ever owned. It look so sharp that everybody asks me what car it is. I love it !!

My 2010 Rogue Fits My Needs

by Woodster from Marytland, USA on January 1, 2010

I came from a Explorer SportTrac that was wearing down after 8-9 years of moderate use. Most notably, the gas mileage had sunk to 12 MPG, even with the most meticulous attention to maintenance. My new Rogue SL AWD doubles my MPG and provides more than adequate space for my mountain biking, road biking, and woodworking interests. Like suitcases, we all tend to expand what we carry in our cars according to the available room. I have realized that my "stuff" wasn't as necessary as I thought, have paired down what I haul and haul it quite well in my Rogue. It is much more comfortable than my Explorer, quieter, better equipped and smoother. I particularly like the CVT transmission's smooth operation. The gauges as well placed and the on-board computer showing me my mileage as I drive is a real plus. Very nice car, good value for your $$ and well appointed.

1 2 3 4 5 6