2012 Rogue

2012 Nissan Rogue

2012 Nissan Rogue

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2012 Nissan Rogue?

Best Purchase EVER

by srose from Bel Air, MD on Fri Mar 30 2012

I bought my Rogue just a few weeks ago and all I have to say is I LOVE IT! The gas mileage is fantastic, I'm averaging 25MPG with a mix of highway and intown driving. The vehicle is super comfortable for both the driver and passengers. I've had no complaints and the backseat being too small for an average size adult. The cargo area is a nice size, it's not terribly large, so I dont have to worry about packing it full of junk. The back seats and the front passenger seat all fold down, so I have plenty of room in case I need to transport anything pretty large. I love that the dash and front panel are not cluttered with unnecessary gadgets. It gives the Rogue a nice clean look. My bluetooth works great, I havent had any strange voice dialing incidents, and it's really easy to use. The USB and AUX hookups work great, they work great with my MP3 player (Sony Walkman) and are also very easy to use. What is also fantastic about this car is all of the storage space. The glove compart is HUGE. Apparently it was designed to fit a laptop and it locks, which is great. The console it pretty large too. All in all, this was a great buy and I recommend everyone interested in a cross-over to check it out.

Safe Vehicle

by Larry from San Antonio, Texas on Sun Dec 29 2013

This automobile has been a life saver for my wife and myself. We got rear ended and very little damage was done to my Rogue, the other auto was almost totaled.. Our seat belts saved us from being killed. The car that hit us went under us and hit my back tires. The 2012 Nissan Rogue is by far One of the safest SUV'S on the road. I highly recommend this Nissan Products

Worst car i ever owned

by Cpw46 from Heathsville, Va on Thu Dec 07 2017

Bought a Rogue 2012 brand new 3 years and transmission went up. Nissan wouldnt help repair my car they said i went over the warranty by 2000 miles. No one expects their brand new car to break down after 3 yrs. i will never purchase Nissan again

Does not recommend this car!!

Worst car i ever owned

by Cpw46 from Heathsville, Va on Thu Dec 07 2017

Does not recommend this car!!

Love My Rogue!

by Paul in Virginia from Chester, Virginia on Sun Sep 14 2014

Bought this 2012 Rogue SV new and love it. Great value, performance and styling. The one complaint is the view through the back is limited because of the large strut. I put stick-on fisheye mirrors on the outside mirrors and that helps a great deal, expect at night when headlights make it all blurry. Took it on a cross country trip over the Rockies and still got 30 MPG. On trips between Virginia and Florida we get almost 34 MPG on a regular basis, but I admit to driving at the speed limit most of the time. We get about 26.5 MPG around town. Some say it is underpowered and the transmission is weird, but I have no complaints at all. We got the SV with the SL package, navigation system, moon roof, backup camera, etc., love it all. Tons of room for our golf clubs when we travel and with the back seats down the visibility is much improved. You can always get a bad one, but I've had nothing but Nissans since 1981 and never had a mechanical issue with any of them. No exaggeration at all. You can spend more money and get a better ride and so forth, but you won't get a better value for your hard earned money.

A Happy Rogue Driver

by A Happy Driver from Germantown MD on Tue Jul 31 2012

After test-driving and looking around for about 2 months, we finally decided to go for the Rogue S Spec Ed. for two reasons. Size and Value. Though it looks kind of tiny little SUV, it has lots of space in side. Both for passenger and for cargo to haul around. The leg room in the back is superb. And the price is just right. We were able to get the Spec Ed for less than 21k OTD. Even base Hyundai Tucson was costing us more than that, and that too with a 2.0 liter engine. The ride quality is great, the built is fantastic. It has enough power to move around and zip through the lanes and the CVT is very smooth. Gas mileage is a bit disappointing for a 2.5 liter engine, but then again, its an SUV. You cant compare it to a Civic or a Sentra or a Corolla. This is our second Nissan in the family and we are very happy with our purchase. If you are in the market for a small SUV, I will definitely recommend the Rogue. At least give it a spin. I am pretty sure it will make it on your list of cars too.

Getting from A to B with some perks

by Short hop commuter from Gilbert, AZ on Sun Sep 07 2014

I purchased this vehicle with 16k miles. This is the perfect sized vehicle. 8 miles to work, then running my daughter & her friends to practice, and short weekend trips for 4. I love the interior layout & bluetooth / technology package. That's a 4 star due to small rear windshield, and back seat belt placement - adults usually end up sitting on the belt receiver. All good up front, though, and the back is big enough for groceries & hardware store trips. It runs great, I get about 24 MPG in the city. Smooth ride. I've never had the "doesn't know what gear its in" issue with the transmission, but since it is a Continuously Variable Transmission WITH NO GEARS AT ALL, that makes sense. It runs smooth. Corners are sometimes an issue ... the suspension is fine, but the steering does not return to neutral position after a turn in a natural way. That's about it for gripes - it is easy to drive & park, feels bigger than it is, and runs great.

Nice Styling!! Excellent value for small families

by Family Guy from Philadelphia on Fri Sep 07 2012

Bought Nissan Rogue 2012 Special Edition AWD after selling my 2006 Corolla S. Requirement - Looking for a crossover which could address the city-highway driving requirements for small family (couple and an infant) with decent looks, good MPG and good value. And it fit the bill perfectly. - AWD - We get lot of snow here in Phily and AWD became a necessity. Pros - Special Edition provided very good value esp with the reverse parking monitor, decent audio system and fog lamps; a must for this SUV which huge D Pillars which limits visibility. - Great styling and performance are top notch with ever reliable Nissan quality. Its a looker !! - iPod/iPhone Integration is good. Ability to stream audio from Radio Apps is good. - Good MPG. I have been getting 21.0 MPG in summer with A/C in typical city driving conditions which is pretty? good although Corolla numbers are history. Cons - Lacks auto-headlights in base S trim. At times you may not realize that headlights are not turned on esp night time. - Limited cargo space although it fits the bill for all usual travel requirements. - Slightly underpowered for quick passing at highways. For expereinced drivers it should not be an issue after initial acclimitization. - Rear bench seats. Suggestions - Parking monitor is a must have with huge D Pillors. - Bumper protector is a must have to avoid damage because of the distinctive styling. - Take test drive on a highway to get used to feel of CVT with high acceleration. - Like other compact crossovers its offroad capabilities are strictly pavement only.

My wife loves this car

by Jmart315 from Connecticut on Thu Oct 26 2017

I’m a bigger guy, my wife is petite. This car is able to accommodate us both comfortably. I read the reviews carefully since we had a bad experience with our last vehicle. Although it looks small from the outside the inside looks and feels very comfortable and sleek. Plenty of legroom, plenty of headroom and the backseat fits our twins in their booster seats perfectly, with room to spare in the back. It looks sharp, runs nicely we couldn’t be happier

Very satisfied!

by cars r us from Illinois on Sat Aug 25 2012

We are very satisfied with our 2012 Rogue Special Edition. It is getting about 26 mpg in town and on the highway which is one of the reasons why we bought it. The backup camera is a great safety feature as well. We are very satisfied with this purchase and would recommend to others.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2012 Nissan Rogue

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2011 about the 2011 Nissan Rogue. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I've got nothing but respect for people who look forward to spending a Saturday testing out crossovers that cost more than 20 grand; the segment has more players than a baseball team, and most blend hopelessly together. Should you take on the challenge, somewhere between Starbucks and sundown you'll likely check out a Nissan Rogue. I suspect it will not rise above the crossover pack.

The Rogue is average across the board, but its major downside is that you can hardly... Read More