1995 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

3.8
Average based on 6 reviews

Awesome Every Day Car

by from Concrete Jungle, New York on May 17, 2012

Purchased this 95 Sentra in 2000 for my beautiful wife, with 48K miles. Now has 212K miles. Great handling FWD mid sized car. In heavy snow, it out performs most other vehicles that get stuck. Engine and transmission keep on going. Tune ups and fan belts, oil changes happen like any other vehicle. To include breaks and rotors after a long interval (years). For what ever reason, the engine and transmission just doesn't quit. Nice car, in three years, it will be a "Classic."

great car for the money

by from Miami, FL on September 12, 2013

I got this 1995 car in 1999 with about 50K miles as a gift for graduating high school. And this car drove so well, and died in november 2007 at 160K because frankly, I was not that careful with taking care of the engine as I should have. The car was a great car to me. It didn't have any problems at all. It broke down about 3 times, for a few things, and when it did, I was so blessed that it was in safe places and never in the middle of a road. Overall, I do love nissans and would buy another one. But I want a luxury car for my next vehicle purchase.

Value for money.

by from Helena, MT on December 22, 2011

Had a sentra for years and it just kept running. Cheaper than Honda or Toyota, and for a well built foreign car, you can't do much better for the money.

Just Keeps Going and Going

by from Waraner Robins, GA on January 28, 2009

I purchased this car almost three years ago as my first car. Turns out I bought a very reliable car! Bought the car with around 76k miles on it, now at 108k. Use it every day for a 40 mile round trip commute at night and as an onsite technician during the day. Never once have I had anything major need to get replaced. Have done the CV axles and starter though. Starter at about 100k and CV at about 105k. Other then that it just keeps kicking. My driving style is fairly aggressive, so I do notice it lacks a little in power, nothing too major though. It certainly makes up for it with gas mileage. On a recent trip from GA to NY was getting 45mpg on some choice mountains and averaged a little over 30 the whole way up and back. To this day I still wouldn't mind taking it for a few thousand mile trip anytime!

Inexpensive no frills workhorse.

by from PA on December 22, 2007

I bought a 95 Sentra with about 83k, and have ramped it up to 160k in under 3 years. Engine and automatic transmission still going strong. Be prepared to replace some exhaust parts at around 120k, and once I got into the 140k range I started to have weird electrical problems - Radio doesn't work until I play with the power windows, dash light goes on and off, stalls out if I use the AC while not moving...weird, but nothing that'll get in the way of getting to work in the morning. All in all, the best $3500 I've ever spent on a car.

The Worst Car I Have Ever Met

by from sacramento, ca on December 4, 2007

i have never seen such a horrible car. it just can't run even i step hard. can run very slow on highway. really waste your gas. don't suggest you to buy this one. you must feel disappointed.