1998 Sentra

3.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Solid, reliable car - great value

by Laura from Athens, AL on June 4, 2010

This little car was bought used in 1999. It was the family vehicle from that time until 2005, when I got my drivers' license and my mom got a new car so I could have this one. It has made countless trips across the country and back, and aside from normal maintenance, we never had any major issues with it. Of course, the features aren't anything fancy compared to newer cars, but if you want a reliable vehicle and good value for your money, this is an excellent choice. Gas mileage is pretty good too; I never measured it strictly but I have driven from North Alabama (almost in TN) to Tampa, FL about 3 times a year for the past 3 years, and I know I could make the trip on 2 3/4 tanks of gas - not bad! Unfortunately, someone pulled out in front of me on the highway last week and my little Sentra was totaled. I'm very sad to see it go; it's been good to me! Airbag busted my lip but potentially saved my life, so I'm happy with it safety-wise. I will miss my Sentra and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good value on a used car!

Old, but still going strong

by SJu from Pennsylvania on July 23, 2017

I've had my '98 Sentra for a little over a year now. It has around 180k miles, about 30k of them from me. Now I wouldn't say that I'm a bad driver, but sometimes I have a tendency to be a little brash in the way I handle my car. That being said, no matter how much I've pushed this car, it hasn't once let me down. Works perfectly fine, although compared to newer cars, it's obviously lacking a little. Still, wouldn't have wanted any other car for my first.

Great car!

by Nissan Lover from Winterville, NC on July 12, 2011

I love this car! It's very good on gas ,reliable and the price is great! wonderful car for teenagers.

Kept on Going

by Becca196 from Baltimore, MD on February 25, 2018

This was my first car and I drove it for 6 years. I was surprised how long it lasted and me and when I traded it in it felt like it could keep going for a while yet. Not great in the acceleration department, but what can you do, I paid $1,500 for it!

Our Expert Review: 1998 Nissan Sentra