2000 Sentra

$803 - $4,631  MSRP Range
2000 Nissan Sentra

3.7

3 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2000 Nissan Sentra?

What a car!

by Wes from Massillon, OH on Mon Apr 28 2008

I've owned this vechicle for at least 4 yrs. I have 173,000 miles on the car and hardly any troubles. Pros- Reliable, good on gas, easy to fix Cons - too little, terrible in the snow - sliding all over the road since there's no weight to it, very cheaply made vehicle,

purchased-in-a-pinch

by C.D. from Central Ohio on Thu Jul 18 2013

It 'was' ok for just the driver & front passenger. But there is no way anyone but a small child can sit in the back seat, with their legs between that seat & the back of the front seats !! If I have a passenger in the badk, even a tiny person, "I" have to be right into the steering wheel, which puts your knees into the steering column. ~ It is thee noisiest car I've ever driven. The mechanics insist it's just the tires making the deafening whirrrrrring noise. it has lots of engine issues... Money all the time... Recently it "looses" power when having to speed up, I get to move into the "truck lane" going up hills. Yeh, I know,,,, more money... ~ ~ I really want my Chevy back...

Does not recommend this car!!

This has been the best car I've ever owned!!!!!!

by ShaquezE from Columbus, Ohio on Sat Jul 29 2017

This/My car is still a beauty and please let me introduce you to her. Her name is Cookie and she has the crunch. Although she's a 17 year old car and has been through a lot she's still loyal. Anytime I've thought at times that it was over between us she always seems too bounce right back every time and it's nothing big or too bad. The parts are very easy to fix it needed to and which that'll save you a lot of money. Don't miss out on a lovely and reliable car like this one!!

This is my first import car purchase. Bought used

by Crssfr from Lockport, New York on Fri Jul 20 2018

Bought as a second vehicle in fall of 2016. In the driver's seat it has ample room for me at 6'2". Rear seat great for grocery bags or small children. Love the fold-down back seats. As a small truck lover/owner, a 2004 Dakota, I am still amazed at almost always grabbing the keys to drive this Sentra. Fun little car. Had to replace the front axles because the rubber boots on the axles were old and split. Rear brake calipers are pricey to buy VS other similar cars. In almost 3 yrs. since I've had it I've never had a "check engine light" go on unlike the similar year Buick Regal I drove before this Sentra.

Solid Economy Car

by Silentwulf from Greensboro, NC on Tue Jun 09 2009

If you're looking for a car that consumes little gas, and is easy to repair, look no further! The Sentra is my first car, and has been a joy to drive. Gets great mileage on the highway, with responsive steering and breaks. Nice stock audio system. Fairly nice ride in the front seats, but the back seats are rather cramped. However, there is plenty of trunk room to work with. Great car for a first time buyer!

Nissan Sentra 2000 XE

by Kimmie from New Britain, CT on Mon Jul 28 2014

I am a second owner and it was a great car up until 120K or 13 years considering the previous owner changed the oil regularly but that was all he did. Whenever the check engine light would go off he would have the light turned off. I bought the car in 2010. To begin with all was well but last January (2014) I had a head gasket repair followed by radiator and springs, struts and bearings. Now it turns out the bearings are faulty and this is my 5th repair since January. I read some people get 190K out of this car but I'm not sure how right now.

Does not recommend this car!!

The Car that empties your wallet

by Chanddee from denver on Fri Mar 05 2010

I purchased a 2000 Model Nissan Sentra GXE car a year ago and this is the worst ever car I have used in my life. Recently the car failed emission due to unresponsive catalytic convertor. To fix that issue it costs me 800 bucks. The reason is due to the dumbest design of the catalytic convertor as a single unit coupled to the exhaust system. So i have to replace the entire unit shelling out 700 bucks wherein for other cars it would cost only 350 bucks. I have already spent a lot on other minor issues the car developed in the past year. Inspite of fixing the issue and maintaining the car the resale value of this car is very less. I have used this car minimally and taken care of it properly. I cant say that this car is reliable but OK if your wallet is bulky.

Does not recommend this car!!

Would have bought something different

by kale94 from Goshen,In on Fri Jul 22 2011

The car isnt really that bad but since i bought it its had a problem that noone has been able to find. i know it cant be a bad part its more electrical when i first start the car before i can put in a gear i must wait about 1 min because if i move it in gear it will shake like crazy and the car will not advance at normal speed. I have had the transmission check out but thats not it. When plugged in computer says its the crank sensor i have replaced it 3 times and still does it. besides that the car work fines.

Small cheap to buy cat

by Smartcarguy from Commack on Fri Dec 23 2016

Way too small I'm not giant but I'm cramped in this car I feel like I'm in a go cart a honda accord is twice the size if you get hit by any vehicle that's a decent size the nurses will get to know you by your first name I also put a lot of money in this car my advice get something bigger for safety sake

Does not recommend this car!!

Most comfortable and reliable car

by Rita from New ark.delaware on Wed Jun 28 2017

Nissan Sentra was a used car but was excellent in every way. Comfortable, durable,spacious,no engine sound with light on gas, I mean to say is good mileage

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Nissan Sentra

Believe it or not, the really fun cars to test are the low-end models, not the ultra-luxe jobs most of us only dream about. Down in the bargain basement, compromises are evident, and it's interesting to see what corners were cut to meet a price point. Sometimes there are delightful surprises. Case in point: this week's guest, the all-new 2000 Nissan Sentra. (It's being relabeled as a 2001 model already, with only trivial changes.) I always had a fondness for the Sentra, for being an utterly unassuming subcompact that got the job done with little pretense of being anything more than basic transportation.

Viewing driving as necessity seasoned where possible with enjoyment, I never would have bought... Read More